(based on 2395 AT&T Review Ratings)
"AT&T has been a wonderful company to work for throughout the last 12 years. My position has provided me the benefits of learning many new technologies and put them to good use in a corporate environment. I am where I am at today - knowledge and experience wise - due to AT&T, my office and my boss. I owe them nothing but 100% gratitude!"
Posted 6 years ago in Hoffman Estates, IL
Technician
in Brecksville, OH

"I've been working for the company a little over a year. As a female I'm a bit of an oddity for the position, so it's possible my experience is a bit different. The benefits are decent, along with the pay. You don't really need to come into the company with any prior experience. They have paid training which is nice, however the training is a bit of a joke so you don't really have a clue until you're out in the field. Once out in the field the job in the companies eyes is all numbers. You're expected to be at a certain percentage in all the categories which is typically high 90s or over 100% because to them that's average. You get a set time for each job, but they don't factor in when you run into issues, certain types of customers, there's no individual looking at jobs besides how long they expect it to take you. Techs are constantly being written up for minuscule things, probably because the rules seem to change every other week. And God forbid you're on 2nd shift, you will never see a manager, never hear about the new rules or get to have meetings to hear about the new rules/things happening, you just have to be very reliant off of other techs for information. Actually using benefits such as sick days is also a pain in the ass. If you use a sick day, you automatically have to apply for FMLA, if you don't apply OR your FMLA is denied you then get written up. If you're a woman, please pray you don't get pregnant. If so then you may be placed on disability for the entire duration of your pregnancy. My area no longer offers light duty, so I've been put on disability, as long as it gets approved. So I will be making minimum wage, and then after taxes, my health insurance, bills and rent: I'll have basic living money along with trying to save up and prepare for the up coming baby. The company swears they care about their employees but in reality all we are is numbers. They don't care about you personally or their customers, just the money they take in."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Senior Technical Support Specialist
in Fairview, KS
Oracle DBA
in Richardson, TX

"I have worked for AT&T for the last 2 years and it has been a pretty good experience. Most of the time I am rushing to complete the tight schedules and the oncall used to be more frequent each time. However I feel satisfied with this job."

Senior QA Analyst

"I have been working for AT&T client, less than a year, and had an opportunity to work on complex tasks and projects; overall it's a great experience working with ATT."

in San Antonio, TX

"I worked as a contractor for 2 years. I enjoyed the professional work ethic and the casual dress code. The work was demanding but not overly pressured."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"AT&T is a leader in innovative technology and a great place to work to grow and learn."

AT&T Employee

"Great place to learn in depth about project management, sales tactics, and general office etiquette. Excellent benefits structure. As with most companies, the pay for internal candidates is not excellent, so it is definitely best to get started in management from an external source. Plenty of opportunities for growth if you are willing to put in the time and work."

Senior Software Engineer
in Bothell, WA

"Excellent work culture. It's great working there and had learned a lot. It's always great to work with giants like these companies."

in Middletown, NJ

"ATT has been client of my organization and I am working for them since 2007. ATT has a great learning and working atmosphere. They work on all the different advanced technology. It is very flexible company. Very good for people."

in Cleveland, OH

"I worked for AT&T for 15 years. While there is opportunity to move around, there is not much room for actual advancement. Most moves are lateral. Working remote is a wonderful "perk" but it's hard to end your work day too. Sadly, there is a lot of surplus activity within the company and throughout the year people are laid off and then replaced with external contractors instead of experienced, devoted employees. Overall I was very happy with my time at AT&T and was fortunate to work with and for some wonderful staff."

in McHenry, IL

"I have worked for AT&T for two years and found the company to be foolish and uninformed. This company does not treat their employees with any respect whatsoever. AT&T raises expectations but does not improve equipment or wiring to customers homes. They have failed in regards to their customers and are falling behind the entire world in regards to technology. I grade AT&T an F!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Deer Trail, CO

"AT&T is a great company to work for."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Project Management Consultant

"Worked for AT&T on several positions and found them to be a strong company and don't take care of contractors as well as employees doing the same jobs."

Embedded Firmware Engineer
Sales Representative
in Bel Air, MD

"Good money but always changing commission structure and products. This company does not want to let you get too comfortable in your job. Benefits are ok and we get 1/2 off our phone bills."