(based on 484 UPS Review Ratings)
"I was working at UPS for around a year. I had a wonderful experience during my internship. I was able to learn more technical work and I was part of a complete project life cycle. I had full support from my superior, and UPS is one of the best workplaces."
Posted 6 years ago in Mahwah, NJ
Operations Supervisor
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I began working with UPS Freight as an Operations Supervisor in Nov 2019 and it has been both rewarding and challenging. As an Ops Supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring deliveries are being made as well as freight pick-ups. Also responsible for planning line-haul evening trucking shipments as well as morning inbound freight deliveries to customers within the city. The hours vary since being a salaried member of management and your day's can be long with high expectations. Working with the Unionized drivers is also something to keep in mind but, so long as you adhere to the contract stipulations and rules, you will have no issues. I would recommend this job for anyone that enjoys making things happen, solving logistical issues and working well with subordinates, then this is the job for you."

Business Development Representative

"Great place to start a career"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Lanham, MD

"I have worked as a part time supervisor for UPS for 4 months. I managed the primary sort area within the main distribution center where safety and attendance are keys to the success of the sort. This part time position gave me an opportunity to continue educating myself in the renewable and sustainable development areas."

in Oakland, CA

"When I started we had 3 delivery trucks to be loaded with over 200 pieces with oversized ones as well that should have gone to cargo and plus... It was without scanning the boxes. Then, the scanner came. We had to scan every single box with scanners that most of the time provoked to cry, and of course making more difficult the job which already was hard to manage. They wanted us to load those trucks with more than 200 pieces in less than 4 hours...Now they say it can be 4 trucks if needed and that it's doable. If you ask them what's the limit? They just said it's doable. Plus the way they treat you, especially if you don't finish...They can see with half truckload outside it and they pass by and say, you have 2 minutes to do it. This is slavery in the 21st century. The necessity is ugly. They keep us because we all want the health insurance, but there is always a limit that's why barely you'll find somebody in preload with more than 2 years."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Middleburg Heights, OH

"Great company that takes care of their workers."

in Commerce City, CO

"good company for part-time work"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Augusta, GA

"This is a good company in which to gain experience for future endeavors and knowledge about union operations. How each center operates is highly dependent upon the current center manager, which changes frequently when operating efficiently, and less frequently when operating less efficiently."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Transportation Supervisor
in Dublin, CA

"I have worked for UPS for almost 4 years and I love what I do now because I’m able to learn new things and use it to perform better. I also have a really flexible schedule with my current role so I can take care of my family."

in Tacoma, WA

"I have worked with UPS for most of my employment history and they have been a great company to serve my educational needs. They are a world-wide enterprise and have greatly promoted inside growth."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Reno, NV

"Overall decent place to work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Commerce City, CO

"I worked at UPS for 4 months in the last quarter of 2019. During my tenure there I had a hard time agreeing with their beliefs."

Seasonal Driver
in Midland, TX

"Suddenly finding myself unemployed after 10 years, I needed something to keep me active and engaged while I looked for a new placement. UPS was looking for additional help during the Christmas season, and I provided a good fit. UPS was quick to respond to my application and my supervisors and coworkers were very supportive on helping me learn the ropes. Not to mention the great workout I received every day."

in Salt Lake City, UT

"A great company to work for that truly believes in developing and promoting its own employees. Long work hours during peak season but your supervisors make sure you know how much you are appreciated."

Driver
in Springfield, VA

"Not a real fan of UPS. Strongly encourage others to pursue other opportunities."

in Anaheim, CA

"UPS is a solid company that provides job security and bonus opportunities to its management team. Work-life balance is poor, and the busy holiday season requires unpaid overtime, including weekends, doing manual labor. The company promotes from within, strengthening the corporate culture. Safety first is the company mantra."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5