UPS Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse UPS Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at UPS give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest UPS employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Preload Supervisors with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 518 UPS Review Ratings)

"I worked for United Parcel Service. The company is a "juggernaut". The energy and organization necessary to delivery thousands of parcels daily impressed me to no end. The quality of the people, facilities, management and pay spoke to why UPS is an industry leading company. It was great to be a part of a company that has winning as its goal and customer focus as its mantra."
Posted 7 years ago in Tampa, FL
Revenue Recovery Supervisor

"Very good company with good medical dental and 401 retirements. A company where people are able to stay and progress in their career as well as grow as people and professionals in their chosen fields."

UPS Employee

"I worked for UPS for over 5 years. It was a challenging experience, both mentally and physically. It required many skills both physical and mental. Being organized and aware of your surroundings and the tasks at hand were extremely beneficial for success. The workload during the holiday season was particularly taxing on an individual. Very long hours, with minimal sunlight and cold temperatures, certainly made it a challenge."

UPS Employee

"UPS Freight was recently acquired by T Force Freight. TFI is making small and steady changes including new equipment and driver incentives. There is a lot of negativity to overcome, specifically with culture. TFI would do good to chop off the top heads and start over with management that doesn't have 14 years of UPS cancer embedded. Salary is average and Benefits are Great!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
UPS Employee

"Great company to work for."

UPS Employee

"The job is a great way to learn initial skills and build upon yourself. you will get a lot of time with the Microsoft suit. the management can be lacking when it comes to some aspects like teaching. The environment is always fast paced. You need to be able to learn on your feet and always be as acute as possible. There is also always room to grow."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
UPS Employee

"Coming into corporate “off the street”, having worked at other companies, the culture, support and career opportunities are pretty dismal, especially now during transformation. They can’t keep millennials, and have strong favoritism for people from operations and lifers at the organization. Experiences differ by group, but some groups are extremely toxic with very old-school, beat you with a stick mentality. Everyone is just a number, and easily replaced, and most roles involve endless PowerPoint decks and spreadsheet reviews. I’ve never worked at a place that wasted so many hours focused on minutia that has no value to the corporation or customers. It’s endless busy work. It may be good on the operations side, but the culture change that the new CEO talks about has yet to precipitate through the organization, and there are many people in leadership roles that are just awful, and no nothing if leadership. Unions, large percentage of salary paid in MIP and pensions promote mediocrity and many miserable people with golden handcuffs. There is very little true innovation, ideas s add bd input are not only undervalued, but often discouraged, and you are treated as a robot that is expected to have no emotions and no life. Be very careful which group you join."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
UPS Employee

"I have worked for UPS sense 2012, in the 9 years I have been with the company I have learned quite a lot on how to deal with high pressure situations as well as how to make quick decisions."

Dock Worker

"I've worked with UPS Freight for two years now and I can say that it was one of my favorite jobs. Great co-workers and managers to connect with!"

UPS Employee

"I worked for UPS starting in June 2014 and was with the company for over 6 years. I worked with both management and employees daily as well as outside customers. The overall experience working for UPS was a good one with a few exceptions. Being a management level employee, I was able to work in many different locations and form relationships with many people across the country."

UPS Employee

"I have worked for UPS since 2017 and in that time I have received 3 promotions, The opportunities are enormous from a company of this size, with unlimited career growth. There are few companies that can match UPS compensation when benefits are figured into the equation."

Delivery Driver

"I worked for UPS for a few months. Therefore, I do not feel that my review is as comprehensive as someone who has worked there for a greater period of time. That being said, I found my supervisors to be very empathetic and appreciative of all that we did for the company. They held daily morning meetings for us, bought us doughnuts and coffee weekly, and always made us remember that our safety and well-being were the number one priority. The job itself is very physically demanding. I would not have enjoyed doing it longer for the seasonal stint. I think they could help employees by breaking up people's days by cross-training people between office/administrative work and physically demanding deliveries. They could also add more paid breaks into employees' schedules so that they would be able to sustain themselves if they did not see cross-training as an effective strategy. These are just my opinions. Overall, I see many jobs being too specialized with limits the capacity of employees to sustain themselves and showcase their gifts. Therefore, I admire companies that are able to creatively show the gifts of their employees by having a variety of offerings and a flexible structure. Sincerely, Robert Atticus Colangeli"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
UPS Employee

"This company is great to work for. They have great benefit packages to utilize along with a nice pay compensation. The only issue is the work life balance. Sometimes you are stuck giving away 8 weeks out of the year to be on 24/7 support. This means you need to be by your laptop 24/7 incase something fails. These support phones vary by department. Also deployments vary by department but some departments deploy their applications on Saturday at Midnight and verify on Sunday at 3am. So there goes any weekend plans you had."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
UPS Employee

"It was an okay place to work. New and improved processes took a while to be implemented. Leadership was not the best, but the overall staff made the work experience there worthwhile."

Enterprise Sales Manager

"Great company, you work hard but get paid well."

UPS Employee

"We offered services in logistics, delivering packages up to 150 lbs, and providing timely service."

UPS Reviews FAQs

Is UPS a good company to work for?

UPS has an overall rating of 3.8 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 518 UPS Review Ratings left anonymously by UPS employees, which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 92% of employees would recommend working at UPS.

Does UPS pay their employees well?

UPS employees earn $32,000 annually on average, or $15 per hour, which is 52% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 253 UPS employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find UPS Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a UPS?

92% of employees would recommend working at UPS with the overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. Employees also rated UPS 3.6 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.7 for Rewards You Receive, 3.5 for Growth Opportunities and 3.8 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at UPS?

According to our data, the highest paying job at UPS is a Director of Engineering at $186,000 annually. Browse UPS Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at UPS?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at UPS is a Plant Engineering Parts Specialist at $7,000 annually. Browse UPS Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at UPS?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at UPS to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse UPS Employee Job Reviews by Location