(based on 406 UPS Review Ratings)
"I was working at UPS for around a year. I had a wonderful experience during my internship. I was able to learn more technical work and I was part of a complete project life cycle. I had full support from my superior, and UPS is one of the best workplaces."
Posted 6 years ago in Mahwah, NJ
Truck Driver
in Romulus, MI

"The pay and benefits are good. The work environment is hostile. Even though this is a union company there is very little job security."

Supervisor
in Bolingbrook, IL

"Its an OK job, but not for everyone. They allow the wrong things to happen when convenient for them. The expectations on a daily basis are not reasonably obtainable nor are they worth the compensation."

in Oswego, IL

"2nd hand forklifts, horrible equipment or not enough equipment, everybody out for themselves. Never seen so much finger pointing in my life. Morale is at an all time low."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Inside Sales Executive
in Greenville, SC

"I have worked for UPS for 3 weeks"

Package Handler
in Laurel, MD

"I'm working with UPS since September, 2013 and I really love my position and the ethics of the company. This company offers services all over the world and I love being part of it."

Operations Supervisor
in Maspeth, NY

"UPS is a great place to work. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful. I am compensated very fairly with respect to my performance. I have new challenges to overcome daily, which makes my days exciting."

Dispatch Supervisor
in Worcester, MA

"I have worked at UPS since June and have moved up in the company; however, it is an incredibly harsh work environment and the conflict between the worker union and management makes getting work done efficiently incredibly difficult. All in all, the people aren't bad, but as a company that brags about logistics, they're huge hypocrites."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Eagan, MN

"I have worked in sales for over 14 years in different medians. I am persistent, build rapport and long relationships to establish long last business."

Computer Technician
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked at the UPS employee help desk. Working the desk was fun and exciting, as I helped about 450,000 employees all over the world. However, the workplace was incredibly strict. The guys were getting written up for not tucking their shirt tails in when they stood to leave their desks, or for 5 o'clock shadows at the end of their shift."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Earth City, MO

"I've worked for UPS for a Christmas season. I liked it a lot. It was like working out in a gym, but getting paid for it."

Package Handler
in Springfield, MO

"This company is great for young people starting out, but for those that are older it is a bit harder to move up. Being a union shop, each individual has to follow a strict path of employment in order to obtain jobs at a higher level. Everyone is expected to have had experience with driving the UPS truck. They are a good company, the work is not easy however and the pay is poor for what they expect you to know and do. The medical benefits also take far too long to kick in (1 year)."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
UPS Employee

"Not bad for a company, they know how to take care of themselves."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
QA Analyst
in Paramus, NJ

"I started (and probably) finished my career in UPS in 1998. Being an immigrant I started late, graduated Computer Science in 1997. I am thankful to UPS for giving me the opportunity to hold a job. I said a job, because in terms of career development in IT, I left UPS very dissapointed. There was no opportunity for me to grow as a real IT professional either as a programmer or as a QA. Management was terrible. They never gave me opportunity to become a programmer or real QA. Now I am unemployed."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
UPS Employee

"UPS operations manager supply chain, in charge of over 200 UPS employees."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Account Sales Manager
in Harahan, LA

"I worked for UPS from 2000 to 2011. Overall a great company to work for. Tough but fair, with many opportunities if you are willing to work hard. Like any other corporation."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5