(based on 1574 IBM Review Ratings)
"I've worked within IBM for 4.5 years. They have locations virtually on every single country in the world. I had the opportunity to work on projects with colleagues from several different countries, providing them guidance to get the work done. Due to the very nice environment of the company I've always got the best from my coworkers, therefore providing the best service possible to our customers."
Posted 7 years ago in Irvine, CA
Senior Web Developer
in Katy, TX

"I worked with a great team. They were professional and willingly Collaborative."

Data Center Technician
in Tukwila, WA

"I started with a company called SoftLayer Technologies. A Webhosting company that was fast pace and expanded rapidly in the first 5 years of starting up. We soon expanded across the world very quickly, and I was chosen for 4 of the teams that traveled. I built teammate relationships with many people from other datacenters, and we worked up to 19 hour days together and build very strong comradery together and got the job done, every time. I was raised in team sports, so I feel i have a very good teammate ethic about me."

IBM (2501)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sigma Designs (5)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Polara Engineering (6)
in Santa Barbara, CA

"I started working for IBM in early 2020 right before the shutdowns for the COVID pandemic. IBM HR wasn't able to provide me with any resources necessary to doing my job (laptops, passwords, and other essential login information). Communication with HR is impossible. As for my specific division, no one is willing to help or guide you especially when you're new. After 3 weeks of being in the office we were forced to work remotely, in which no guidance was given nor training for my role. With the poor atmosphere of the division, terrible attitude of the coworkers, and lack of support, resources, and training, look elsewhere for employment. IBM likes to brag about their 'accomplishments' but rides on the coattails of their past work. IBM laid off more than 1/3 of their employees because of 'COVID' while giving the executives and board of directors bonuses. If you want to work for a fair company that pays their employees well, treats them even better, and is known for efficiency, look elsewhere and avoid IBM Watson Health."

IBM Employee

"IBM is a wonderful company with a lot of room to grow your career. In my time, I've been promoted 4 times and have traveled the globe. I would recommend working there to anyone."

Average IBM Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Dubuque, IA

"I was employed with IBM for over nine years. While I loved the work I did for the company, it became more and more apparent that this company did not care at all for its employees. We were referred as "resources". IBM closed our division unfortunately a few weeks ago. There was no opportunities for growth nor were there bonuses or raises."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Albany, NY

"I have worked with IBM for almost 5 years. I have learned about tooling, processes, and how to keep productivity up during down situations. I have had the opportunity to work with many teams at IBM as well as vendors who help support are critical projects."

in Pleasanton, CA

"A good organization to work and improve our skills."

Learning Assistant
in Cambridge, MA

"It has been 2 months since I have become a part of Hult International Business School as a Limitless Learning Assistant. I really enjoy doing my job because of the culture and values I gain every day."

IBM Employee

"Graduated in Networks Administration, Post graduated in Project Management and Innovation, working in IT since 2001, assumed different roles in different areas as Hardware, Software, Networks, Bank Automation, Security and Management. At the moment, works as IT Specialist in a Middleware Support team. English speaker (TOEIC B2), Portuguese native speaker. Available for travels and stand by schedules."

IBM Employee

"I have worked here for about 2 years."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Advanced Technical Support Engineer
in Buffalo, NY

"I've worked with IBM for 3-4 years now and I have enjoyed it for the most part. I'm hire as a "supplemental" employee so I'm not actually a direct hire. I was never offered a raise and the position was only for 3 years. I was hopeful that I'd eventually be hired on permanently but they never gave out any of those opportunities to anyone."

in Raleigh, NC

"I have worked for IBM for more than 5 years and would recommend it to anyome"

Subject Matter Expert
in Sacramento, CA

"I have been working in IBM since May'2015 for Medicare and Medicaid information system for California government(Department of healthcare system)."

Senior Consultant
in Bloomington, IL

"IBM is very innovative and are always striving to create strategies to build employee moral. The client dedication is extraordinary. IBM is dedicated to training and leadership for all employees."

in Paramus, NJ

"I've been working for IBM and its been great so far"