(based on 527 Sprint Review Ratings)
"I really enjoyed working for Sprint. I feel that they are moving in the right direction and wish for nothing but the best for them."
Posted 6 years ago in Fairfax, VA
Sprint Employee

"Sprint is a great company to work for. If you have the drive and ambition to move up, then you will succeed in this company. The pay is competitive and the benefits are solid. There are also tons of perks that come along with being in cell phone company."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Data Solutions Engineer
in Rochester, NY

"I worked at Sprint for 3 years. During that time, I felt I was treated fairly and openly by my boss."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Technical Support Specialist
in Fort Worth, TX

"I've worked for sprint for about 10 months in the call center. It was rough at first because of the diversity of people. The job pays decent and the benefits are great, who wouldn't love a free phone plan! But the downside are its almost impossible to work mornings and some of their policies are not in favor of people with illnesses. It's a stressful job if you work in tech support because sometimes you just want to help a customer but can't because of policy or company changes."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Lone Tree, CO
Person You Work For 3.5 / 5 People You Work With 3.5 / 5 Work Setting 3.5 / 5
Support You Get 3.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.5 / 5
in Newark, DE

"Excellent earning potential if you are able to sell. Strong selling focus."

Sprint Employee

"The company has been very good to work for in the past, but with the recent acquisition of Softbank I find fewer and fewer resources available to help me accomplish my goals."

Sprint Employee

"Complete office shut down in June 2002. No reason to shut down office."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Sprint Employee

"Complete office shutdown. Not well organized would not recommend the company to work for."

Implementation Project Manager
in Jacksonville, FL

"Sprint is a great company to work for overall. The past couple years have been a little bit bumpy as far as benefits, but in a tough economy it's not surprising."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Government Account Executive
in Burlington, MA

"I have been with Sprint for 12 plus years and worked with some great people."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Usability Designer
in Overland Park, KS

"Sprint is a fantastic company to work for. Smart, knowledgable people who are passionate about their jobs."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Support Technician
in Overland Park, KS

"Sprint is an excellent company to work with as far as benefits and training. Additionally the job is challenging and engaging. The problem with such with a big company is that you don't get the same growth as in a smaller company where you wear more hats so to speak."

Solutions Engineer

"I love working at Sprint in a collaborative and relaxed atmosphere."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I like the positive atmosphere and how incredibly smart my coworkers are. The management is empowering and feedback leaves me feeling more like I can do my job and less like I am a failure than any other place I've ever worked."

"Be yourself, be relaxed and bring ideas as to how you can contribute from day one. Make mention of the skills that you see that the company needs and how you can make a difference. Bring examples of where you've gone the extra mile to make something happen at a company you were at previously, and don't be afraid to do the same when you get hired."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Right now, it's hard with our network being built out so we are in the throes of that, and it is a challenge to work around that when I don't have any control over it."

"Keep looking to the people on your team to help you to manage headwinds and tailwinds. The reps at the lowest levels hear the most from our customers and that is where we will make a difference."

Lead Sales Consultant
in Monrovia, CA

"A very stressful job not worth the little pay or anxiety from upper management."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I think that the pay structure, health plan, benefits and infrastructure of Sprint is nowhere near the quality of Verizon Wireless or AT&T. The chain of command is demeaning to their employees and throw the words corrective action in the faces of their employees on a daily basis. This is no exaggeration. They use fear tactics to persuade their employees rather than with merit, recognition or anything that would make an employee proud to work there."

"If this is your first wireless job, please don't allow them to put a bad taste in your mouth. I would suggest that you try with Verizon Wireless or AT&T where the pay is better and they respect their employees."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Sprint only contributes a budget of $125 for uniforms where the average long sleeve is $45. Their ridiculous policies, chain of command and low wages (compared to VZW and AT&T) are ridiculous. They do not give out raises whereas VZW gives them once a year and AT&T gives them every six months. A large corporation that does not do everything in their power to make their employees happy with simple things like contests and attainable goals are doing their company an injustice. Unhappy retail employees lead to unhappy customers which is the majority of your business."

"Change the district manager in Los Angeles East. Constant knit picking and write ups for simple mistakes like forgetting to put on a name badge after lunch is incredulous. Fix the structure of your C-SAT program. Very Satisfied should not be the only thing a rep should be measured. Satisfied should not equate to Very Dissatisfied. Make an effort to create opportunities to grow and learn. Make job listings in the district available to everyone, not just those who you favor. Stop treating retail like the Navy. As managers you should comprehend that every employee learns differently and you should accommodate that in order to allow your employees to reach their full potential at work."

Network Analyst
in Lenexa, KS

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"Amazing people, incredible culture for innovation and creativity. Fantastic 13 years."

"If you can ever get into this company, it will be the most enjoyable experience of your life."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The company has gone through many growth stages and always has lay-offs of good people afterwards."

"Keep good people that have shown productivity, innovation and dedication, and trust the managers and team leaders to suggest pairing dead-weight."