(based on 486 Sprint Review Ratings)
"I really enjoyed working for Sprint. I feel that they are moving in the right direction and wish for nothing but the best for them."
Posted 6 years ago in Fairfax, VA
Support Technician
in Overland Park, KS

"Sprint is an excellent company to work with as far as benefits and training. Additionally the job is challenging and engaging. The problem with such with a big company is that you don't get the same growth as in a smaller company where you wear more hats so to speak."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Solutions Engineer

"I love working at Sprint in a collaborative and relaxed atmosphere."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I like the positive atmosphere and how incredibly smart my coworkers are. The management is empowering and feedback leaves me feeling more like I can do my job and less like I am a failure than any other place I've ever worked."

"Be yourself, be relaxed and bring ideas as to how you can contribute from day one. Make mention of the skills that you see that the company needs and how you can make a difference. Bring examples of where you've gone the extra mile to make something happen at a company you were at previously, and don't be afraid to do the same when you get hired."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Right now, it's hard with our network being built out so we are in the throes of that, and it is a challenge to work around that when I don't have any control over it."

"Keep looking to the people on your team to help you to manage headwinds and tailwinds. The reps at the lowest levels hear the most from our customers and that is where we will make a difference."

Lead Sales Consultant
in Monrovia, CA

"A very stressful job not worth the little pay or anxiety from upper management."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I think that the pay structure, health plan, benefits and infrastructure of Sprint is nowhere near the quality of Verizon Wireless or AT&T. The chain of command is demeaning to their employees and throw the words corrective action in the faces of their employees on a daily basis. This is no exaggeration. They use fear tactics to persuade their employees rather than with merit, recognition or anything that would make an employee proud to work there."

"If this is your first wireless job, please don't allow them to put a bad taste in your mouth. I would suggest that you try with Verizon Wireless or AT&T where the pay is better and they respect their employees."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Sprint only contributes a budget of $125 for uniforms where the average long sleeve is $45. Their ridiculous policies, chain of command and low wages (compared to VZW and AT&T) are ridiculous. They do not give out raises whereas VZW gives them once a year and AT&T gives them every six months. A large corporation that does not do everything in their power to make their employees happy with simple things like contests and attainable goals are doing their company an injustice. Unhappy retail employees lead to unhappy customers which is the majority of your business."

"Change the district manager in Los Angeles East. Constant knit picking and write ups for simple mistakes like forgetting to put on a name badge after lunch is incredulous. Fix the structure of your C-SAT program. Very Satisfied should not be the only thing a rep should be measured. Satisfied should not equate to Very Dissatisfied. Make an effort to create opportunities to grow and learn. Make job listings in the district available to everyone, not just those who you favor. Stop treating retail like the Navy. As managers you should comprehend that every employee learns differently and you should accommodate that in order to allow your employees to reach their full potential at work."

Network Analyst
in Lenexa, KS

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"Amazing people, incredible culture for innovation and creativity. Fantastic 13 years."

"If you can ever get into this company, it will be the most enjoyable experience of your life."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The company has gone through many growth stages and always has lay-offs of good people afterwards."

"Keep good people that have shown productivity, innovation and dedication, and trust the managers and team leaders to suggest pairing dead-weight."

Network Analyst

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"The network scale, the platform and the technology of IP network."

"Know the requirements of the position that you are applying for."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The people there played the games, not focusing on the work."

"No political things in the office, focus on the work straightforward."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Retention Specialist
in Rancho Cordova, CA

"Skin color and gender is more important than work results."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I was able to see how a company that was competition worked."

"You need to have thick skin and work odd hrs."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"It mattered what you were, not who you were. The company was on a tight budget."

"Viva la raza is racism. A culture is in place that needs not be there."

Implementation Project Manager
in Rutherford, NJ

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"The ability to maintain my own business while taking care of my customers."

"Set proper expectations with your manager and you will do great."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The inability to advance within the company beyond my most recent position was challenging."

Implementation Project Manager
in Rutherford, NJ

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"The mindset that taking care of the customer is our most important goal."

"Set the correct expectations of yourself, and you will succeed."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The inability to move higher up after reaching my most recent position."

"Take care of your employees, and your employees will take care of your company."

Retail Consultant
in Jacksonville, FL

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I like the products and working with customers and getting to work on new phones."

"Make sure you know that the store rotates employees and pushes for leads to move to upper management to give you room for lead spots."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"It's micromanaged... but when something happens it's all your fault, even when you sleeked out the assistance of the leads and took their direction. And no advancement, different answers from everyone at the store. No team camaraderie. Not all stores are like this however."

"Be more fair and open minded, not so set in your way."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Collections Supervisor
in Temple, TX

"I would highly recommend working for Sprint to anyone."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"Growth opportunities, competitive wage and compensation, benefit package, changing business tasks."

"Strong attendance history is a must, confidence is a great attribute."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Lack of interaction between Human Resources and Management caused divide in the company."

"Continue to lead with excellence while voicing the employee and management idea for bettering the company as a whole."

Regional Account Manager
in Tampa, FL

"Highly focused and self-possessed in fast-paced demanding environments"

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"The wireless is constantly changing, there's always new innovative technology."

"Prepare for constant challenges, understand the competitions and understand the customer doesn't always tell the truth."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"It's a very competitive industry, customers are not always honest."

"On the most part management did a great job. I would ask for less redundent reporting."

Account Specialist
in Boise, ID

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"I liked the hours that I could work around school."

"This company was easy and if you can answer simple questions you will have no problem."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"The sales pressure of trying to make a sale when there is no opportunity."

"Get away from the sales goals as they don't even have any way of knowing how much they need to goal for each month."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Field Engineer
in Tigard, OR

"Learned from working with all groups."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"My co-workers and employees are the greatest. We have respect for all of each other and that makes our jobs easier on a day to day basis."

"As each person is different, Just be honest and if you do not know how to do something then let them know you want to learn."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"I really have no complaints, just do not like sitting on conference calls to listen about people not meeting the metrics and why they are not met. I believe that everyone should accept responsibility for their own actions and resolve the issues."

"I have no problems with management. My boss is laid back most of the time and can micro manage when needed. If a project needs to get done he turns to me to clean up the mess and finish it right the first time."

.NET Developer
in Reston, VA

"Environment is comfortable, get support easily, skill and capability improved."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"Environment is good, co-workers are helpful, and get my skills improved."

"Be confident in interview and be ready to answer some technical questions."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"One of the reasons I am leaving is that I felt I was not challenged enough at the job. As a fresh face in the working world, the company offers a great opportunity for a good entry level position; however, after being there for so many years, I felt I was not able to reach my full potential because of the lack of challenge and there was no room for advancement in the company."

"Providing more challenging jobs and better compensation to employees will increase the working efficiency."

Senior Manager
in Reston, VA

"Best company ever! Will be hard to find a better place to work."

What do you like about working at Sprint?

"Freedom to decide and act on a broad range of decisions. Managed to results, not to red tape."

What don't you like about working at Sprint?

"Nothing was bad at Nextel until Sprint took over, then watch out, red tape city!"

"They should have kept independent from Sprint and operated as separate companies in every respect."