2,360 Bank of America Reviews

Browse Bank of America Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 1409 Bank of America Review Ratings)
"I worked for BOA for a year. The company employs over 500+ all over the country. The headquarters are based out in Charlotte NC. I enjoyed working with my immediate team members. I gained a lot of experience. I would recommend BOA as an employer to anyone interested in building their career in the banking and financial industry. The employers are excellent and they create a good working environment for growth and leadership. Thank you for teaching me the most important skills of a work environment."
Posted 6 years ago in Charlotte, NC
in Charlotte, NC

"Excellent place to work. You get to learn a lot about cutting edge technologies."

Bank of America Employee

"Great company, great technology, was happy to work there."

in Charlotte, NC

"Worked for few years and OK work experience. Has good work-life benefits but company runs by bureaucracies and politics. Promotions are not based on merits, and has very poor career development tools/opportunities."

Loan Processor
in Tempe, AZ

"I loved working at BOA. I would love to go back. My supervisor was Dudley Bowlin and he was awesome and so were my co-workers."

in Newark, DE

"Excellent company and great culture."

in Brea, CA

"I was employed with Bank of America for approximately 2 years. They are a great company to work for, they have a wonderful benefits package and focus on providing outstanding customer service."

Bank of America Employee

"Only worked for 1 year now. Pretty typical Wall Street firm. Pretty good IT organization with many cool technologies used within the firm. Very tight control because of regulation requirement. Many opportunities for career advancements."

Systems Business Analyst
in Concord, CA

"I've worked for Bank of America for 20+ years. Keep in mind many of the open job positions are located on the east coast."

in Agoura Hills, CA

"Bank of America is a financial company that builds great technology products anticipating customer needs, being a large organization there are well defined processes to meet regulatory requirements."

in Getzville, NY

"Bank of America is full of extremely talented hard working individuals. Many join the bank seeking a challenging experience within a large industry leading company. For this reason it is very competitive. There are several people willing to go the distance to get the job done, and for me, it was a rewarding learning experience as iron sharpens iron. Unfortunately, If you stand out, you will be sought after and you will work long hours, but you will not be compensated equitably for your work. Even so, you will walk away with experience that is unrivaled by other companies. They are flexible and adaptive to industry demand, driving the industry. There are also several opportunities to move around within the bank, allowing you to learn and broaden your experience. As I was an independent contributor in a management level band I took several lateral positions to broaden my experience and make my skill-set more valuable. I was also able to work remote the majority of my time I worked there, which allowed me to seek positions all over the company without moving and to collaborate with team members all over the country. Compensation is not competitive; however, I recommend regarding your work at Bank of America similar to earning a masters degree, paying for the experience. I worked for Bank of America for 8 years, my work was rewarding and I received much accolade and respect. I realized after about 5 years that my compensation was not growing in line with the respect I was receiving. I stayed because of the relationships I had built, however, during widespread layoffs I lost several close associates. At that point, I realized it didn't make sense for me to stay. If you are looking for a position that you can commit to for about 4-5 years, to gain a lot of experience, I highly recommend Bank of America. If you do look at Bank of America as a long term opportunity, you with likely be disappointed."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Saint Charles, MO

"I worked at Bank of America since 2009. The site closed in April 2014. Great benefits."

Loan Review Analyst
in Lost Hills, CA

"I worked for Bank of America for several years after purchasing my previous employer Countrywide. I had a good experience, they treated me well and always concerned on placing me in a department where I could utilize my skills. At the end we parted our separate ways but they compensated me very well."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in West Hills, CA

"The company could do a better job at providing you feedback of the company goals and make the work place better and work environment. The mobility within is non-existent."

Senior Technical Associate
in Charlotte, NC

"Bank of America is fantastic company to start your career with."

Mortgage Underwriter
in Maitland, FL

"I worked within a working environment that was in the process of changing ownership that caused the work environment to be highly intense and caused a lot of good employee to step down from their positions. However, besides that the managers and the employee work well with one another to meet company goals and expectation."