2,344 Bank of America Reviews

Browse Bank of America Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Bank of America give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bank of America employees are Wholesale Account Executives submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Lead Engineers with a rating of 4.9.

(based on 1391 Bank of America Review Ratings)
"I worked for BOA for a year. The company employs over 500+ all over the country. The headquarters are based out in Charlotte NC. I enjoyed working with my immediate team members. I gained a lot of experience. I would recommend BOA as an employer to anyone interested in building their career in the banking and financial industry. The employers are excellent and they create a good working environment for growth and leadership. Thank you for teaching me the most important skills of a work environment."
Posted 4 years ago in Charlotte, NC
in Belmar, NJ

"You are just a number, no loyalty to anyone. I was at this bank a long time and got managed out due to age, salary, and injury on the job never fixed."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I worked for the bank for twenty five years. Many of the people are great to work with and the work is varied and changing within the company is good. Women are doing better, but they still do not make the same as men and do not have the opportunities in upper management that the men have. The only real complaint is that upper management still hasn't figured out customer service and continues to lay off support staff and move jobs overseas. That leaves a huge burden on the remaining staff. The work doesn't lessen but is done by fewer people and often not as well."

Bank of America (2344)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Bank Associate

"I love working at 'B of A' most of the time."

in North Providence, RI

"Very sales-driven environment. Every customer interaction is used to create sales opportunities. Not much focus on helping customers. We all have very aggressive sales goals and are jobs are on the line if there not met! Not an employee-friendly place to work!"

Average Bank of America Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Escalation Agent
in Simi Valley, CA

"Bank of America's Mortgage Division is so poorly run, it baffles me as to how the upper management and executives keep their jobs. While the associates that do all of the actual work get bonuses and merit increases cut, the management teams continued to see increases in their packages. One of the biggest issues with the Mortgage line of business is that the majority of the management team is entirely unqualified to do the job they were hired for and were placed there purely on the "who you know' system. This has corroded the management team to such a point that the decisions made regarding personnel and policy are almost laughable. As glaringly apparent as this need is, and as many times as it has been brought up, the usual nothing continues to be done. This makes for a very frustrating experience as a lead associate. While the Bank does offer competitive pay for most positions, I wouldn't touch its employment section or any of its products if I had any other choice. I have heard that other lines of business do not have this issue, but I cannot speak to the grass on the other side of the fence."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Bank of America Employee

"Java (Core Java, Multithreading, Security, JMS, GC tuning, OOPs concepts, JVM and Memory Management)"

in Calabasas, CA

"Huge, professional and employee friendly environment. Highly recommend for hard working people."

in Charlotte, NC

"I'm new to the company. It's strong. The only noticeable thing is the 'contractor' versus employee relationship. It's a bit overboard."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Senior Development Lead
in Plano, TX

"I work for a business company."

in Frisco, TX

"I've worked at Bank of America for 5 years. It's a company with lots of opportunity and a very good volunteer program. They also are pretty good at communications with town halls and such. Depending where you work in the bank there are lots of career mobility that can happen."

Development Architect
in Jacksonville, FL

"Nice . They do what they say."

Assistant Vice President
in Richmond, VA

"I have with one of the biggest bank in world and developed a lot of expertise in managing and support infrastructure in a complex environment."

in Charlotte, NC

"Excellent place to work. You get to learn a lot about cutting edge technologies."

Bank of America Employee

"Great company, great technology, was happy to work there."

in Charlotte, NC

"Worked for few years and OK work experience. Has good work-life benefits but company runs by bureaucracies and politics. Promotions are not based on merits, and has very poor career development tools/opportunities."