(based on 213 Spectrum Review Ratings)
"I've only been working at TWC for one week, so I'm still in training. This company is not perfect but I've been thoroughly impressed by the blatant intent to ensure employee value, direction of company and reasons to stay. The interview, HR intake and training have all been great. The training is a bit informal and unstructured but I seriously do not have much issue with it, as I come from a 'sink or swim' environment. Diane you are doing a great job! So, Diane is a manager over the APS group in Charlotte, NC, doing some pre-training. I like her spunk and willingness to improve processes. Managers don't micromanage. A good sign as it does not work with IT people, who by nature have to be self-sufficient. I like the calm atmosphere here, A LOT. The benefits rock. How TWC has presented all employee benefits and resources in one portal is done incredibly well. Again, benefits are top notch. Little things I like, that shows TWC cares: Special 'Expecting Mothers' and 'Fuel Efficient Vehicles' parking spaces. There was a red Camaro parked in one today, lol. The thoughtful interior design on an old building, training rooms that get used, large bathrooms, cell phone shelf in stalls, urinal mat (thank you), full size mirror, 50 inch tv's, gaming room (hardly used), USB charger outlet at desk, locked storage, clean air, janitor constantly cleaning (nice guy too), well-thought out and executed benefits program and many businesses in park (Planet Fitness). I may be a noob, but not a noob to life. I like it here. For those who feel there is no room to grow, invest in your education and apply for a different position. TWC prefers to promote and hire internally. Any downfalls TWC may have, I can resolve by investing in myself. TWC has placed many paths to grow in man and retire with the company. The opportunities are there, but you do have to reach for them. Like life do not expect anything good to fall into your lap. Get out there and hustle."
Posted 4 years ago in Charlotte, NC
Spectrum Employee

"They do not pay for performance. So whether you just do the bare minimum or try to go above and exceed there is no performance incentive."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Residential Account Representative

"top rep, never disciplined for not commissioning out each month, the problem is that I've been in telecom for 10 years without a raise or promotion."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Spectrum (351)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is TBS (28)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Sinclair Broadcast Group (24)
Automation Software Engineer

"Best place to work and learn new things"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Englewood, CO

"Good place to work as a full time employee"

Average Spectrum Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in El Segundo, CA

"Spectrum Networks is an environment filled with creativity and innovation. The ability to share hyper-local stories that impact the communities in which people live has been inspirational and a real game-changer in broadcast journalism."

in Akron, OH

"I work for the spectrum when it was originally Time Warner Cable. Time Warner was the best employer and always took care of their employees. Spectrum bought them out in 2017"

in Duluth, GA

"As a new employee, I have found a lackluster culture where everyone is empowered to say no and nobody can say yes. It appears the whole organization hides behind email and will not engage in meaningful work or communication with other employees, The company has so many resources that are wasted due to this culture- which is driven from the highest levels by the political hierarchy that exists"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Chatsworth, CA

"The company has great benefits and a great salary"

in Edgewood, KY

"Charter communications grew by acquation and purchase Time Warner Cable. Understanding the brand and overcoming prior companies values is challenging. The company overall is a great work environment. 401k and Healthcare is very generous."

in Maryland Heights, MO

"My time at Spectrum was brief. The people at Spectrum are very diverse and the culture there is very competitive. In my time there, I was privileged to work with some great people in the industry."

Senior Programmer Analyst

"Great company, nice people to work with. The company works hard to treat it's employees right, the people there truly care."

in Chatsworth, CA

"I've worked for Spectrum former Time Warner Cable for close to 15 years and for the most part of it was a growing and ever changing experience. My time spent there help shaped the person I am today, unfortunately they had to move my position to another state and started closing departments within California that ended my career in the company."

in Irving, TX

"Spectrum company offers competitive pay a very chill place to work."

Regional Support Supervisor
in Costa Mesa, CA

"Due to the merge of Time Warner Cable. Brighthouse Networks, and Charter communications - there has been many department changes that have tied leaders' hands and not allowed the access and tools to employees to do their jobs. The company has consolidated the majority of the departments leaving active employees to more work with less pay. As well as relocated offices to remote locations causing many layoffs."

in Duluth, GA

"The Cable industry is a complex environment and only grows based on acquisitions of other cable company assets. Difficult to grow in this environment,"