(based on 206 Spectrum Review Ratings)
"I've only been working at TWC for one week, so I'm still in training. This company is not perfect but I've been thoroughly impressed by the blatant intent to ensure employee value, direction of company and reasons to stay. The interview, HR intake and training have all been great. The training is a bit informal and unstructured but I seriously do not have much issue with it, as I come from a 'sink or swim' environment. Diane you are doing a great job! So, Diane is a manager over the APS group in Charlotte, NC, doing some pre-training. I like her spunk and willingness to improve processes. Managers don't micromanage. A good sign as it does not work with IT people, who by nature have to be self-sufficient. I like the calm atmosphere here, A LOT. The benefits rock. How TWC has presented all employee benefits and resources in one portal is done incredibly well. Again, benefits are top notch. Little things I like, that shows TWC cares: Special 'Expecting Mothers' and 'Fuel Efficient Vehicles' parking spaces. There was a red Camaro parked in one today, lol. The thoughtful interior design on an old building, training rooms that get used, large bathrooms, cell phone shelf in stalls, urinal mat (thank you), full size mirror, 50 inch tv's, gaming room (hardly used), USB charger outlet at desk, locked storage, clean air, janitor constantly cleaning (nice guy too), well-thought out and executed benefits program and many businesses in park (Planet Fitness). I may be a noob, but not a noob to life. I like it here. For those who feel there is no room to grow, invest in your education and apply for a different position. TWC prefers to promote and hire internally. Any downfalls TWC may have, I can resolve by investing in myself. TWC has placed many paths to grow in man and retire with the company. The opportunities are there, but you do have to reach for them. Like life do not expect anything good to fall into your lap. Get out there and hustle."
Posted 4 years ago in Charlotte, NC
Installation Technician
in Richardson, TX

"Since 2007 I've been a part of one of the best companies in the nation. Over the past 7 years of employment with Time Warner Cable it has been a very rewarding and valued learning process that has benefited my abilities of performance."

in Charlotte, NC

"Time Warner has been a great company to work for during my tenure."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in San Antonio, TX
in Herndon, VA

"Perfect position for anyone wanting to gain knowledge of Agile and eCommerce applications to solve many across the board issues that may arise in this environment."

in San Antonio, TX

"I have worked for Time Warner Cable for 2 years. I was new to the industry and was trained well by the company and through self-study. TWC has excellent products and support along with a very strong network for installation. However, it did have a contentious atmosphere since so many reps were fighting for the same accounts."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Herndon, VA

"I have worked for Time Warner Cable for the past 8 years. I have been working on high paced, high demand products for the past 15 years. I enjoy learning new technologies and advancing further."

in Charlotte, NC

"I have now been at Time Warner Cable for three months. The job position I am currently working in turned out to not be a technical position, and is not taking me where I want to go with my career. My current position is as an incident manager. I get notification of an issue, bring together the correct teams to resolve the issue, manage the phone bridge/web conference for the issue, and transcribe all of the events of the bridge in the web conference."

Director of Technical Operations
in Beaumont, TX

"I've worked for Time Warner for a year now. It is a genuinely good place to work with a lot of good, hard working people. I feel empowered to make decisions that positively impact my department without having to go through a lot of red tape."

in Beaumont, TX

"This company cares about their employees. I wish the company had a better reputation with the public because they truly do care about people. I have been here for a year and have been very fairly compensated and have been granted the opportunity to run my part of the business and have an impact on my team. I would recommend this employer to friends and colleagues alike. It's truly a great place to work."

Direct Sales Representative
in Milwaukee, WI

"As a current Direct Sales Representative in Milwaukee WI, this job and department in general has gone down the tubes in the last year. We once were very much able to "be our own boss", and the department's productivity and employees paychecks reflected as such. Every day now management is micro-managing more and more, and sales have gone through the floor as a result, which only leads to further drops in numbers. My supervisor is not qualified for the job she holds. No opportunity for advancement."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Retail Sales Representative

"I worked for Time-Warner Cable for a little over a year, and found that it's a great company to work for, although, at the time of my departure, they were working on a merger with ComCast, and a lot of changes were being made, which made employees feel unsecure and nervous as to what was or might take place, not to mention the commission structure was changed for the worst."

in Chatsworth, CA

"I've worked at TWC for 10 months and I have never been at a company that is more confusing in the processes and the level of communication is awful. It starts from the top down unfortunately."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in East Syracuse, NY

"This company has the ability to be so much better. They shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity. When support is needed, you get a voicemail. The job routing system is a joke on its best day. Every day is filled with unnecessary frustrations. The techs are cliquey like 12 year-old girls."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Business Analyst
in Herndon, VA

"I have been working with Time Warner Cable for last five years and found the company being innovative and great place to work. But recently Time Warner Cable has been purchased by the largest cable provider Comcast."

in Columbus, OH

"The place is chaos on its best day. Poor change management leads to lots and lots of fires to put out. Poor customer service means your neighbors won't like you."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5