(based on 846 Wells Fargo Review Ratings)
"Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a good company. The work environment is conducive to a positive work/life balance."
Posted 6 years ago in Frederick, MD
in Neshanic Station, NJ

"Employees are not provided proper incentives for performing well. Compensation plan is convoluted and always subject to change. Incentives payouts are capped which discourages high performance. This position is mismanaged by community store and district managers who do not understand wealth management and affluent clients. The dotted line sales coach approach does little to empower or support this position, if RBPB is not in coaches physical market area."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Wells Fargo Employee

"I've been a permanent employee and contract trainer at Wells Fargo. The company has good on-boarding no matter the role and ensures all employees understand the mission of the company where it is going in the future. There is always room for growth and development while working for Wells Fargo. My experiences have always been very good."

in Milwaukee, WI

"I wouldn't recommend working for Wells Fargo to my worst enemies. If you or your family has money with the bank then your position is safe, otherwise it's constant worry. The sales goals are unrealistic. Poor management. You have to follow a sales script. I've called in sick three times, doctors' notes due to pregnancy and still was written up. If you have a family or personal life this is not the place to work. Work starts at 8:30 am-6:30 pm, sometimes 7 pm daily, including working Saturdays until 4:30-5 pm."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Operations Analyst
in Saint Louis, MO

"I've worked for Wells Fargo as a full time employee for 1 year. I was a contractor for them for the two years prior."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Fort Mill, SC

"It's a good place to work."

in Corte Madera, CA

"Get ready for sales, sales, sales. The company is full of uneducated people ready to work like mules for the rest of their lives for a slightly above average salary. The business practice is flawed and their is always people taking advantage of people who just don't get banking so that you may hit your sales goal. Much like a ponzi scheme this practice won't last long, it's obvious that they push for sales goals so that they can show the investors every quarter that they've opened xmillion DDA accts."

in Largo, MD

"I loved working for Wells Fargo."

Administrative Assistant
in Frederick, MD

"In the five months I was at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, the team I worked with always had a positive attitude. Thank you. was heard often within the team, as everyone worked hard, and appreciated when help was given. Being responsible for Federal SEC information, there was little to no room for error, yet the team handled the stress well, taking team lunches, walking the paved wooded grounds. Encouragement was given for going beyond the normal task of the job."

Bank Supervisor
in Roanoke, VA

"I have been with the bank for 16 years. Started out as First Union, then Wachovia and finally Wells Fargo bank. Wells Fargo is a great company to work for, they are strong and have high credit ratings in the market. They own over 160 billion dollars of market cap and it has a trillion dollars of worth in assets."

Consumer Loan Underwriter
in Frederick, MD

in Richmond, VA

"Fostering a cutthroat and backstabbing environment is paramount to Wells Fargo. Their business model is to hire thousands of bankers with the promises of riches and work/life balance and then pressure them into unethical sales tactics. All smoke and mirrors. They hide behind their jargon of match talk customer needs assessment financial priorities worksheet. All the while training you to attack the next customer who walks in the door. Poor ethics."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Asset Administrator
in Oakland, CA

"Even though I was contractor, I was treated fairly in my time at Wells Fargo. The only reason I left was due to the position was being relocated to Charlotte, NC. Overall I enjoyed my time there."

Wells Fargo Employee

"I have worked for Wells Fargo as a consultant and now a full time employee."

Wells Fargo Employee

"Pays little, and doesnt care about their employees"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Consumer Underwriter
in Santa Ana, CA

"My overall impression with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage was great. It was an excellent environment to grow and train. The team atmosphere was dynamic, everyone worked good together and generally liked everyone they worked around."