Home Depot Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Home Depot Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 649 Home Depot Review Ratings)

"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 8 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
Area Supervisor

"Fast paced rapid deployment center where there are no racks for storing. 72 hour turn around with great culture and people."

Sales Associate

"I am a new hire with the Home Depot. I find the employees are friendly and very helpful. There is a spirit of teamwork, unlike any I've experienced elsewhere. I enjoy helping the customers."

Contractor

"Home Depot is a retailer in DIY and professional products for home maintenance and improvement. Employees are treated well, with bi-yearly bonus programs, incentives and recognition. They have wonderful programs for students, and I would not hesitate recommending working here for anyone interested in big box retail opportunities."

Home Depot Employee

"I have been working here for a couple of months now and love it! The atmosphere, family-like environment, and compensation make for a great place of work."

Rental Technician

"I’ve worked with Home Depot for two years now I am currently still here. I have learned great customer service skills and communication skills when it comes to talking to other coworkers. I’ve learned about many materials here at this job and also how to put up orders. This store alone has 150 employees"

Flooring Specialist

"Home Depot is an excellent place to work. My co-workers are always friendly and make me feel welcomed, and I am very lucky to be working for such a supportive company through these difficult times in this pandemic. I have only been at Home Depot for a short period of time, and I have already proven my abilities to be trusted enough to be left in charge of the entire flooring department on my own on some workdays."

Lot Associate

"I had a great time at the Home Depot even though I was just a part time worker. They have a very flexible schedule and I never experienced any scheduling conflicts despite being a full time student. They provide a significant number of benefits including 401k and stock purchase plans and even more if you move to full time. The workplace was enjoyable with understanding superiors."

Cashier

"One of the best company to work with."

Rental Technician

"I’ve worked for Home Depot for about two years. I found it helpful that it made me more outgoing and easy to talk to customers and employees as well. I’ve worked with about 150 employees and I also found it helpful for patience’s and that you’ll always learn something new"

Freight Team Associate

"I work at Home depot to help pay for my education. It was a minimum wage labor job working on the freight team. How ever I believe that it was better than other minimum wages jobs I have had because I had the opportunity to be in charge of using the lifts to unload and stack heavy/large products."

Sales Representative

"Great company to work for."

Home Depot Employee

"A positive company and I enjoy working with beautiful people!"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Garden Sales Associate

"a really good place to work at"

Customer Service Lead

"The company is well established here in the US. Numerous opportunities and a great place to learn and sharpen customer service skills and retail business."

Receptionist

"The Home Depot has been a great path for a while as it helped me fix things and learn things that help not only improve my house but my way of life."

Home Depot Reviews FAQs

Is Home Depot a good company to work for?

Home Depot has an overall rating of 3.8 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 649 Home Depot Review Ratings left anonymously by Home Depot employees, which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 92% of employees would recommend working at Home Depot.

Does Home Depot pay their employees well?

Home Depot employees earn $32,000 annually on average, or $15 per hour, which is 52% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 236 Home Depot employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Home Depot Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Home Depot?

92% of employees would recommend working at Home Depot with the overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. Employees also rated Home Depot 3.7 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.5 for Rewards You Receive, 3.4 for Growth Opportunities and 3.7 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Home Depot?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Home Depot is a Senior Director at $200,000 annually. Browse Home Depot Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Home Depot?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Home Depot is a Employee at $12,000 annually. Browse Home Depot Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Home Depot?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Home Depot to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Home Depot Employee Job Reviews by Location