(based on 518 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 5 years ago in Dallas, TX
in Mesa, AZ

"Home depot is a good company if you just want a job and not a career. Managers do not care about the employer, they want to see money, that's all they are interested, even the employees that have the necessary skills to perform the duties. Good place to work for persons out of high school or going to college because it is part time work only."

in Overland Park, KS

"I enjoy working part-time at Home Depot. I enjoy the work and the people I work alongside. Home Depot treats their employees well and trains them constantly. Never a boring moment there. Always in motion doing something and helping a customer. I work in Garden and enjoy gardening as a hobby, so have a lot of fun at work. I have learned a lot about the retail industry and customer service."

in Elgin, IL

"I work at Home Depot part time and found they care about there customers. Customers are their driving force. I have seen growth and caring in this company."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Sales Representative
in Tampa, FL

"I've worked at The Home Depot for a year now and I appreciate everything they have done for me, I loved customer service, but designing is where I would much rather spend my time. I won't give up until the client is happy! All my supervisors and all the associates love me. I make everyone smile every time I am there."

Home Depot Employee

"I found this job to be relatively laid back. The job does not require a lot of work, just a willingness to help customers when needed."

Home Depot Employee

"I've worked for Home Depot for nearly 20 years in Oregon. I've been through a lot of ups and downs with the company and we strive to take care of our hourly employees well. District and sometimes regional management can be a bit too focused on turnover as a positive thing among the salaried ranks. I've seen many Store Managers come and go and have been on the pressure end of having to let someone go even though you know it isn't the "right" thing to do. I have a feeling that my time will be coming soon as well. There are not too many people who make it to a retirement age at the salaried level unless you get into a support role outside of the store."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Aiken, SC

"I worked for Home Depot for 6 years. They have strong customer service values and help associates as best they can. There is a system in place to help struggling associates. They provide good benefits."

UI Developer

"Worked for the company for 2 years and has been a great place to work as a UI developer."

Sales Associate
in Lake Charles, LA

"I worked for Home Depot a year and half and I found it very interesting. It helped me learn how to manage customers, the happy ones and the angry ones. I enjoyed my time working for this company."

Cashier
in Beaverton, OR

"This was a great experience to work with these guys, I learned how to work with others and customers. I became a better employee for working here."

in Somerville, MA

"it was a good company to work for, they are very good with employees and always give you the training you need, always keep you updated with the latest information."

Associate
in Bloomfield, CT

"I worked for The Home Depot in Bloomfield, CT as a seasonal garden employee. While the job was actually pretty enjoyable, I found our store to be chronically understaffed, to the point where getting the job done was reliant on causing other employees to not get theirs done. Furthermore, with certain resources being reliant on certified co-workers, I usually found my customers to be beyond irate due to waiting for their purchases. However, the pay was amazing given the position."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Associate
in Brentwood, TN

"2 years working at Home Depot and found the company to be good at letting you do your job. Scheduling schedules could use some improving. Very progressive company for products and computer systems to work with. Great for part time work."

Home Depot Employee

"Despite the reputation of the Home Depot as being "a meat-grinder" of corporate careers, I found the environment to be wide-open for expanding my career ambitions. The ability to move across functional areas is almost unheard of in most companies. One could theoretically change industries and careers within the same building, for example one could be an IT professional and change jobs to begin a career in Finance, Merchandising, Business Operations, Logistic, and even Legal, if jobs are open."

in Sterling Heights, MI

"Over all, not the worst place to work. It definitely depends on the store location and managers. I've been at the Warren location for 7 years and haven't moved departments or been promoted."