(based on 529 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 5 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
Home Depot Employee

"I found this job to be relatively laid back. The job does not require a lot of work, just a willingness to help customers when needed."

Home Depot Employee

"I've worked for Home Depot for nearly 20 years in Oregon. I've been through a lot of ups and downs with the company and we strive to take care of our hourly employees well. District and sometimes regional management can be a bit too focused on turnover as a positive thing among the salaried ranks. I've seen many Store Managers come and go and have been on the pressure end of having to let someone go even though you know it isn't the "right" thing to do. I have a feeling that my time will be coming soon as well. There are not too many people who make it to a retirement age at the salaried level unless you get into a support role outside of the store."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Aiken, SC

"I worked for Home Depot for 6 years. They have strong customer service values and help associates as best they can. There is a system in place to help struggling associates. They provide good benefits."

UI Developer

"Worked for the company for 2 years and has been a great place to work as a UI developer."

Sales Associate
in Lake Charles, LA

"I worked for Home Depot a year and half and I found it very interesting. It helped me learn how to manage customers, the happy ones and the angry ones. I enjoyed my time working for this company."

Cashier
in Beaverton, OR

"This was a great experience to work with these guys, I learned how to work with others and customers. I became a better employee for working here."

in Somerville, MA

"it was a good company to work for, they are very good with employees and always give you the training you need, always keep you updated with the latest information."

Associate
in Bloomfield, CT

"I worked for The Home Depot in Bloomfield, CT as a seasonal garden employee. While the job was actually pretty enjoyable, I found our store to be chronically understaffed, to the point where getting the job done was reliant on causing other employees to not get theirs done. Furthermore, with certain resources being reliant on certified co-workers, I usually found my customers to be beyond irate due to waiting for their purchases. However, the pay was amazing given the position."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Associate
in Brentwood, TN

"2 years working at Home Depot and found the company to be good at letting you do your job. Scheduling schedules could use some improving. Very progressive company for products and computer systems to work with. Great for part time work."

Home Depot Employee

"Despite the reputation of the Home Depot as being "a meat-grinder" of corporate careers, I found the environment to be wide-open for expanding my career ambitions. The ability to move across functional areas is almost unheard of in most companies. One could theoretically change industries and careers within the same building, for example one could be an IT professional and change jobs to begin a career in Finance, Merchandising, Business Operations, Logistic, and even Legal, if jobs are open."

in Sterling Heights, MI

"Over all, not the worst place to work. It definitely depends on the store location and managers. I've been at the Warren location for 7 years and haven't moved departments or been promoted."

Paint Specialist
in Hialeah, FL

"Home Depot is an okay company to work for."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Orange, CA

"Bad management, no respect for associates or their job, a lot of favoritism."

in Marina del Rey, CA

"The job is what it is, if you get bored easy then being a greeter is not the job for you. If you don't like being nice to people then this position is not for you. It is pretty easy, but you do have to know the whole store and about some of the product and promotions. Overall working at the store is okay. I feel like management could care a little more about their employees. And they need to have more people on staff at all times, the store can get pretty busy."

in Warner Robins, GA

"Honestly, I'm enjoying my job at Home Depot. I've only been there for about 95 days, and I've received 5 Homer Badges, along with 2 decent promotions. Just like most places, you have to exceed expectations in order to get recognized, not just meet them. I would like to see better communication though, throughout the entire store. I also see too many damn pumpkin patches standing around during the week days, the managers complain about overtime, but don't seem to be cutting their hours at all."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5