(based on 516 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 5 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
in Marina del Rey, CA

"The job is what it is, if you get bored easy then being a greeter is not the job for you. If you don't like being nice to people then this position is not for you. It is pretty easy, but you do have to know the whole store and about some of the product and promotions. Overall working at the store is okay. I feel like management could care a little more about their employees. And they need to have more people on staff at all times, the store can get pretty busy."

in Warner Robins, GA

"Honestly, I'm enjoying my job at Home Depot. I've only been there for about 95 days, and I've received 5 Homer Badges, along with 2 decent promotions. Just like most places, you have to exceed expectations in order to get recognized, not just meet them. I would like to see better communication though, throughout the entire store. I also see too many damn pumpkin patches standing around during the week days, the managers complain about overtime, but don't seem to be cutting their hours at all."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Vinings, GA

"Great place to work at. I have learned so much."

in Clinton, MS

"It is a good job but need more communication."

Home Depot Employee

"I work as a "design consultant" in the customer's home to sell cabinet refacing, countertops, backslashes and bathroom acrylic liners, closet and garage organizers. The company values are not reflected in the Home Depot Interiors (HDI) group, which was acquired (US Remodelers) in 2012 and uses "bait and switch" and "drop anchor" one-call close tactics to manipulate customers to buy TODAY, when they were expecting a "design consultant" to help them pick colors, styles, etc. for their project."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Surprise, AZ

"It is an outstanding company to work for. The politics can be challenging to sync with but the Associates in the store are some of the finest employees you could ever work with."

in Vinings, GA

"Working as a contractor at Home Depot in IT is very difficult. You have no control of your projects and there is a hierarchy structure where you cannot reach out to anyone above your pay grade. The contractors are treated like you work in a sweat house."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Department Supervisor
in Pell City, AL

"I started with Home Depot in April 2006. I was hired in as Department Supervisor, later was selected as one of three MOD, as MOD I was given keys to store and added responsibilities from verifying vault to opening and closing store. I also dealt with customer issues along with working thru every department within store in making sure store was ready for customers to shop. I transferred into a new division with company that traveled and help stores merchandise product and reset for vendors."

Cashier
in Scottsboro, AL

"I've worked with Home Depot since February 2014. I consider this to be an excellent job considering that you can make a career out of it if you wanted. One of my favorite things about my job is the technology that is offered. I have excellent co-workers and bosses."

in Campbell, CA

"I've worked at Home Depot for 5 years and I feel it is a great starting point. Gives you experience dealing with customers and associates and there are possibilities to improve, but I am looking for more than just Home Depot."

Assistant Manager
in Ozone Park, NY

in Linden, NJ

"I've been working for The Home Depot since September of 2013. So far it's been a good experience for me since graduating Lincoln Technical Institute because it gives me a more broader knowledge of the field I've previously which was HVAC/R."

Electrical Associate
in Toledo, OH

"I worked at this company for two years. It's a great company."

Home Depot Employee

"I've worked 2 years for The Home Depot. It has been an excellent place to start at and gain knowledge of working within a major company."

in Normal, IL

"I have little to no interest to continue working in the retail environment. With that being said there is low to medium opportunity to advance in Home Depot as a corporation without climbing up the chain to department head, to assistant manager, and finally to manager. I am overqualified for the position that I hold as well as the position above me. Yet there is a great deal of favoritism shown to certain individuals for personal reasons when working in a small store environment like this."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5