Home Depot Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Home Depot Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 649 Home Depot Review Ratings)

"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 8 years ago in Dallas, TX
Home Depot Employee

"Company has much to do with the world's downfalls, they help not only their employees but also the economy and poverty"

Supervisor

"I have worked for Home Depot since 2013. It is a great company to work for especially for college students. They were flexible with my schedule. I got promoted to a Head Cashier supervisor after one year of being there. The management there always wanted me to move higher up within the company. I had a great relationship with management and associates."

Home Depot Employee

"I've worked with Home Depot for around 4 months from January 2019 until April 2019. The reason for me losing the job was because I needed to move to LA for school. The supervisor was polite but at times annoying. However, the entire experience taught me well and I'm grateful for the previous job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Marketing Manager

"My current role as the Marketing Manager for the DFW area has been something I took on to build the program on creating better store connectivity and revenue for the locations. I report directly to the SSC in Atlanta to VP for Home Services."

Home Depot Employee

"I am currently employed by The Home Depot having began in March of 2019. The environment can be stagnant and at times repetitive. Associates complain about task handed down from their department supervisor. Upper management is not very supportive when it comes to constructive criticism about associates. This creates an atmosphere where associates are being enabled to continue bad work habits."

Customer Service Lead

"I've worked for Home Depot for 3 years. The company is amazing, really caring about associates in a way I've never experienced before. Work ethics and coworkers are amazing, never a dull day and always encouraged to go to work. Great benefits which give a greater incentive to work there for the family."

Home Depot Employee

"A good place to get experience for a beginner. Tuition reimbursement amount offered if the courses are in-line with your job."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"Home Depot Canada corporate office"

Employee

"Home Depot has provided me with great knowledge and skills. The company provides a sense of teamwork and wonderful benefits."

"I worked for The Home Depot from Nov 2018 to Oct 2019"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Rental Manager

"The Home Depot is a family friendly environment that promotes from within. The company will give you more than enough training to help you master your department with the ability to move around the store to other departments. Great programs for employees to help with discounts and health benefits."

Supervisor

"I’ve worked with Home Depot for over two years now and it’s been great. I moved up to department supervisor within a year and love the responsibility of managing my employees. The wage for a supervisor isn’t enough for the work you must put in."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"I have worked for Homedepot since 2011, and in that time have progressed through several positions up to a leadership role. Home Depot’s environment has to allow me to grow as a leader and learn many skills to be successful in life by seeing the big picture and solutions as well. Their culture empowers the associates to take care of the customers and pushes them to succeed every day."

Home Depot Employee

"I am fortunate to work with Home Depot from 2016 to 2018. Home Depot is one of the fastest paces in the retail industry when comes to home improvement products. At Home Depot, employers can build a large network of home builders under their portfolio and have a great relationship within the community."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"It's fun and inviting! Great place to start earning money if you're in high school or beginning college."

Home Depot Reviews FAQs

Is Home Depot a good company to work for?

Home Depot has an overall rating of 3.8 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 649 Home Depot Review Ratings left anonymously by Home Depot employees, which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 92% of employees would recommend working at Home Depot.

Does Home Depot pay their employees well?

Home Depot employees earn $32,000 annually on average, or $15 per hour, which is 52% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 236 Home Depot employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Home Depot Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working at Home Depot?

92% of employees would recommend working at Home Depot with the overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. Employees also rated Home Depot 3.7 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.5 for Rewards You Receive, 3.4 for Growth Opportunities and 3.7 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Home Depot?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Home Depot is a Senior Director at $200,000 annually. Browse Home Depot Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Home Depot?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Home Depot is a Employee at $12,000 annually. Browse Home Depot Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Home Depot?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Home Depot to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Home Depot Employee Job Reviews by Location