(based on 518 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 5 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
Home Depot Employee

"I've worked 2 years for The Home Depot. It has been an excellent place to start at and gain knowledge of working within a major company."

in Normal, IL

"I have little to no interest to continue working in the retail environment. With that being said there is low to medium opportunity to advance in Home Depot as a corporation without climbing up the chain to department head, to assistant manager, and finally to manager. I am overqualified for the position that I hold as well as the position above me. Yet there is a great deal of favoritism shown to certain individuals for personal reasons when working in a small store environment like this."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Lot Associate

"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."

Supervisor
in Hartford, CT

"Underpaid. Management puts a lot in my plate for what they're paying me. Love my job but not my wage."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"I have worked for Home Depot for 1 year, it's been great."

in Greensburg, PA

"I've worked at Home Depot for a total of three years and the store I've been to has always been somewhat of a mess. I'm certain it isn't every Home Depot store, but the one I was in had many problems that are hard to overlook. The management is very poor and it all stems from that. That said, I'm sure other stores are fine. Just my experience in my store has been rather poor."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Hagerstown, MD

"This was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Had it not been for the fact I moved to Tennessee I would still be there today."

District HR Manager
Merchandising Execution Associate
in Palm Bay, FL

"Been with this company going on 8 months now and is my current job. I am a military veteran and thought I would be working at a great store. First of all the pay is minimal. They offered $9.50 an hour which I had to take because of the job market. To me that is a slap in the face!! I'm not even full time. 24 hours per week, that's it. Space Coast Florida is not happening. I have asked to move up but no luck yet. Supervisor does not have a backbone and we are being micro managed throughout the day."

in Springfield, VA

"A great place for beginners to acquire good experience."

in Richfield, MN

"There exists a cultural bias where only a certain color or race handle every department or management branch of the Richfield, MN Home Depot. If an employee has a conflict with another employee, the bases of that conflict depends on 95% of the the one who has the lightest skin tone at the time. That person is deferred the preferential treatment."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Rental Associate

"I have working at Home Depot for a year, they provide a good place to learn a lot of things. Supervisors and co-workers are very nice and helpful."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"I enjoy the business but the present work place enjoyment just isn't there. Very low morale exists in the branch."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Carmel, IN

"They're very customer focused, which is awesome and if had same approach to employees, they could be a fantastic organization. There are major flaws: Understaffed and then get mad at you for not having coverage at dinner time. Constantly focus on the negative things and very little positive employee recognition. Favoritism. Store is focused on passing walks."

in Chico, CA

"Great company to work for. Advancement can happen if you are willing to travel."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5