(based on 618 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 6 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
Installation Manager
in Albany, NY

"The hours are long but it was a very fulfilling position. Dealing with customers could be difficult at times."

in Tampa, FL

"Don't work for Home Depot Exteriors HDE or Home Depot Interiors HDI"

Sales Associate
in San Pedro, CA

"The Home Depot works well for college student schedules. It provides competitive pay for the amount of work that is done at the store. The company listens to employee suggestions. The company also has success sharing payouts twice a year based off of store profits. I would recommend people work here."

Project Manager

"I have worked for Home Depot for almost 5 years and this company has a great corporate culture and amazing people."

in San Leandro, CA

"Home Depot is a billion-dollar company and is number 33 in Forbes Top 100 Companies list. It's a fun and healthy atmosphere, not to mention, technically pretty savvy; in other words, it's structured like a high-tech Company, using CRM tools such as SalesForce, to ensure the fewest number of customer complaints, slashing in cancels, thus increasing retention rate, partnership advantage and Brokers and Vendors to Flourish."

in Branford, FL

"I've worked with Home Depot since 2017 and found the experience to be on par with what one would expect working in a large retail environment."

Installation Manager

"Previous hospitality development and construction experience. Would enjoy returning to specific areas of construction. Vast exposure to different levels in the industry. Returning to San Diego would encompass my expectations"

Home Depot Employee

"Horrible management, miserable employees, an example of how bad management is that we had an employee who showed up smelling like of booze every shift and they did nothing for six months which would be ok if he was just helping customers but he was an order picker which required him to drive a fork lift."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Department Supervisor
in El Dorado, AR

"I have worked for the Home Depot for nearly a year now, and not a day goes by that I don't feel extremely blessed to be able to work here. True, there are some bad days, and you do have to work hard, but that's going to be the same for every job. It definitely helps to be a team player and to be self-motivated. If you go in just wanting to mind your own business, do things your way, and collect a paycheck, you're probably going to end up irritated and disillusioned. You'll inevitably be asked to cover another department, and often there's simply not enough time to get everything done. However, having said all that, my experience has been fantastic. The company culture and atmosphere is incredible. The Home Depot takes very good care of its employees. The company often buys food to celebrate holidays, or sometimes just because. There are funds set up to help employees in need, and a nice range of benefits. Management is fantastic, and I feel very lucky to have such a great management team. They spend a lot of time on the floor, working alongside regular associates, and they certainly aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. They also spend a lot of time teaching and mentoring, especially if they see that their teaching is being received. Hard work is definitely noticed and rewarded. I was promoted to department supervisor about seven months after being hired. As I mentioned above, being a willing worker, and just rolling with whatever was thrown my way probably had a lot to do with that. Yes, you do have to put up with customers who probably shouldn't be allowed out in public, but again, that's going to be the same for any other job. To sum up, if you're able to take directions, don't mind working hard, are able to take initiative, and go above and beyond, then the Home Depot is a great place to work. You can truly go as high as you want to go. Plus, a college degree isn't required to achieve a manager position. So good luck, and I'll see you in the aisles!"

in Milwaukee, WI

"Work mandatory overtime and rarely get the job done because of manpower shortage. Get a pay raise and then everyone's starting is raised to above your current pay, and you don't get the pay raise difference. Good people are fired for dumb reasons, or leave because they can't take anymore of the management. Go work for Lowe's or Menard's."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Curtis Bay, MD

"The people I work with are great. It's management that brings everyone down. Certain ones have favorites and people get away with fireable offenses like leaving cash drawers open. The company has good morals, but it depends on the store you are at."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Valparaiso, IN

"Store runs on a skeleton crew leaving customers aggravated, dealing with a lack of assistance. Company loves to have as few of people working as possible despite continually going over sales goals. Pick a random department every morning and that department will have no associate in it. Training is a joke as staff are not adequately trained on how to run the store and take care of the customers. You're on your own to learn those things. Incompetent "head cashiers" and managers who couldn't tell the difference between right and left. There is usually only 1 lot associate scheduled at all times as well as 1 lumber associate, even during the busiest times of the year. This further demonstrates the incompetence of management. Bottom line, it's a great place to receive forklift training, obtain your forklift license and ultimately leave."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Miami, FL

"They make you fight to get paid your commissions after you’ve made a sale. They don’t care about the employees, just their bottom line. There’s no work life balance. They are terribly unorganized. Stay away from this job."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Baltimore, MD

"Working at Home Depot will never bring in a living wage, but depending on the management at your store, it is bearable."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Lansing, MI

"I have been working for Home Depot for 6 months. In the 6 months I have worked I have been ridiculed, had head cashiers talk badly about me, and bully me every day. I had a sexual harassment issue and took it to management yet the employee who harassed me had prior warnings is still there. I have had to bust my butt to get credits, remind people of our surveys, and other countless things and yet the HC want to bully and act like you’re incompetent. This is not a fun place to work. You can’t move up in the company without reapplying to the job, you don’t get raises. And if you have bad attendance and no credit apps opened then don’t count on a success sharing check."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5