(based on 518 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 5 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
Department Supervisor

"I have worked here for 8 months and have been promoted already. Great place to work."

Associate
in Gainesville, GA

"I worked for Home Depot for almost seven months. During my time there I did make some friends and had good working relationships with several co-workers. The company was very discriminating against people. If you were not liked by the managers, then you had no chance of moving up, getting a raise, or staying with the company. I felt the training could of also been improved greatly."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"It's a great place to work and good environment to grow."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Front End Supervisor
in Middletown, CT

"I have worked for the Home Depot for about 8 years and I love the diversity of people working there, they all work as a team and they have been a great factor in my advancement in the company."

in Charleston, WV

"I worked at The Home Depot for a year and it was a learning experience every day, I learned something basically every day and it helped me in the work place and outside the work place as well. Thank my associates and supervisor for that."

in Breinigsville, PA

"I worked for Exel Logistics/Home Depot for over a year before being laid off. I was employed as a Problem Resolution Supervisor overseeing the warehouse management system."

Merchandiser
in North Canton, OH

"Working at Home Depot is great but changes are coming for part time employees. Before the benefits changed, part time employees could get medical benefits, but the changes may be better overall in price. The work environment is great and the interaction with customers is one of the good points about the job."

in Fort Myers, FL

"In just three short years from 2010, I have seen Home Depot go from a good place to work to a very place to work. The managers no longer support the low level workers, the technology has been upgraded with inferior software that does not work most of the time, and the customers have learned that all they have to do is yell loud enough and a manager will get them whatever they want (a.k.a. managers are afraid of customers calling HQ and complaining about them)."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Ogden, UT

"I worked at the Home Depot since February of this year, I was originally hired on as a customer service rep for the home decorators collection, I then had the opportunity to move to the home depot.com. I have been working there and in that department since Aug. of this year where I have been able to serve people which I really enjoy. However they do not offer any merit raises or opportunity to grow. I want to work in a steady work environment where I have room to grow."

Front End Supervisor
in Carpentersville, IL

"I have worked for The Home Depot for 2+ years and was quickly promoted from cashier to front end supervisor. I value my experience as a supervisor. The company values training and education. There is no gradual transition track from department supervisor to the next level of assistant store manager. All department supervisors are considered peers but are not compensated equally. DS's are expected to deliver performance appraisals but are not given access to execute them."

Flooring Associate
in Toms River, NJ
in Fort Collins, CO

"I have worked part-time for Home Depot for 3 years now. One year with this company, is the max that I can handle. The management is ridiculous and unorganized. They have cut my hours twice. I have had glowing reviews time and time again, but they won't promote me to a higher paying position, and when I inquire as too why... no answer. The customers are some of the rudest you will ever meet and no one in management will back you up or come if you have a customer screaming at you."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"I really enjoy this company, but they are the first to admit that it is not a tech shop. For some developers this can mean working on older technologies and applying bug fixes for out of date browsers. There are several jobs in the company that allow for you to really shine, and moving up seems like a no brainer as long as you get your work done and are easy to work with. I really enjoy the people I work with, and always felt like I was listened to!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Ogden, UT

"Good, I have been with Home Depot for six years and alway work around the employees schedule for school and home. Everyone get along with everyone else to make pleasant experience for the customers. Employee move from one department to other if want. I like staying in area that I have learned.."

in Gray, TN

"The pay is good as well as the benefits as long as you let people's comments slide off your back that you collect on."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5