42 Home Depot Cashier Reviews

Browse Home Depot Reviews by Job Title →

Cashiers at Home Depot give their company a 3.5 out of 5.0, while the average rating for Home Depot is 3.7, making them 6% less happy than every other employee at Home Depot and 3% less happy than every other Cashier on CareerBliss - the happiest Cashiers work for TravelCenters of America.

(based on 21 Cashier Review Ratings)
in Beaverton, OR

"This was a great experience to work with these guys, I learned how to work with others and customers. I became a better employee for working here."

in Scottsboro, AL

"I've worked with Home Depot since February 2014. I consider this to be an excellent job considering that you can make a career out of it if you wanted. One of my favorite things about my job is the technology that is offered. I have excellent co-workers and bosses."

Average Cashier Ratings in the Past 5 Years

2014 $3
in Charleston, WV

"I worked at The Home Depot for a year and it was a learning experience every day, I learned something basically every day and it helped me in the work place and outside the work place as well. Thank my associates and supervisor for that."

in Fort Myers, FL

"In just three short years from 2010, I have seen Home Depot go from a good place to work to a very place to work. The managers no longer support the low level workers, the technology has been upgraded with inferior software that does not work most of the time, and the customers have learned that all they have to do is yell loud enough and a manager will get them whatever they want (a.k.a. managers are afraid of customers calling HQ and complaining about them)."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Average Home Depot Attributes by Cashier

in Ogden, UT

"Good, I have been with Home Depot for six years and alway work around the employees schedule for school and home. Everyone get along with everyone else to make pleasant experience for the customers. Employee move from one department to other if want. I like staying in area that I have learned.."

in Katy, TX

"The company has been really good to me. But I wanted to go back into I.T."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
in Louisville, CO

"It was okay. I learned how to cashier."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"There was lots of down time. If you worked in the garden center you got to listen to the radio, set to your own station (though this wasn't authorized). Tattoos, piercings, and unnatural hair colors were allowed."

"Just say yes to everything, then slowly work with your direct manager to get what you really want."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"There was no flexibility with scheduling, even for part-time employees. You literally had to be available all the time, so you couldn't take a second job and say, I can't work these times."

"Be more flexible with your part-timers. Know your people. If it's really busy, hop on a cash machine, water, get carts - help out!"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Canyon Country, CA

"There was no room for growth."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"My coworkers were usually friendly and helpful. It was nice working to help people."

"I wouldn't bother. Go get a retail job working with less chauvinistic customers and management."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"Cashiers were viewed throughout the company as the grunts - sales representatives to customers - there was never respect shown to us."

"Realize that without cashiers and their customer service skills, the company wouldn't make nearly as much profit as it does. Show the cashiers that they are appreciated, especially by honoring them during Cashier Appreciation Week. Don't just ignore their hard work and punish them when they lose motivation."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Saint Petersburg, FL

"Fun work environment."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"It has a great atmosphere and amazing people to work with."

"Just be yourself. This is a great company to work for, but just not the company for me."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"The technology that Home Depot uses is old and outdated, and makes my job more difficult to do."

"Fix up the technology that is broken and/or doesn't work."

What do you like about working at Home Depot?

"I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with."

"Never underestimate the power of customer service. Your team will only be as successful as your training and management skills allow."

What don't you like about working at Home Depot?

"I was promised a management position, and management kept putting it off. I didn't appreciate being misled."

"Keep your promises, and keep the lines of communication open to your employees."