(based on 596 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 6 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
in Niles, IL

"I worked for Home Depot for many years, and have gotten a paycheck basically. Not treated well. See a 92% personal turnover rate every year, so that should give you an idea what other people think of the place. I've seen many Assistant Store Managers work for years to get to that position and walk out throwing the keys in the air to next in charge within 1 month, and as I said, many. And don't get hurt there, when they refuse to pay medical bills you have to get a lawyer to fight theirs, and then they find a way to fire you, because you sued the company, and I hear this comes from the top to get rid of you. Not the Store Manager's fault, he's told what to do. I see the review of Home Depot employees below is rated pretty high, those people are really afraid of losing their job. I'm going to stop writing now, because I can see from the reviews nobody wants to tell the truth."

Sales Associate

"I worked for Home Depot since 2012. The store associates are all nice, everyone gets along and are friends. Unfortunately when it comes to their management they need to work a lot on it for the reason that they play the favoritism card and the store doesn't function properly because no one respects them. Management needs to be completely changed."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Lead
in Hooksett, NH

"Home Depot is a great company to work for. It has many locations nation wide."

in Mesa, AZ

"Home depot is a good company if you just want a job and not a career. Managers do not care about the employer, they want to see money, that's all they are interested, even the employees that have the necessary skills to perform the duties. Good place to work for persons out of high school or going to college because it is part time work only."

in Overland Park, KS

"I enjoy working part-time at Home Depot. I enjoy the work and the people I work alongside. Home Depot treats their employees well and trains them constantly. Never a boring moment there. Always in motion doing something and helping a customer. I work in Garden and enjoy gardening as a hobby, so have a lot of fun at work. I have learned a lot about the retail industry and customer service."

in Elgin, IL

"I work at Home Depot part time and found they care about there customers. Customers are their driving force. I have seen growth and caring in this company."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Sales Representative
in Tampa, FL

"I've worked at The Home Depot for a year now and I appreciate everything they have done for me, I loved customer service, but designing is where I would much rather spend my time. I won't give up until the client is happy! All my supervisors and all the associates love me. I make everyone smile every time I am there."

Home Depot Employee

"I found this job to be relatively laid back. The job does not require a lot of work, just a willingness to help customers when needed."

Home Depot Employee

"I've worked for Home Depot for nearly 20 years in Oregon. I've been through a lot of ups and downs with the company and we strive to take care of our hourly employees well. District and sometimes regional management can be a bit too focused on turnover as a positive thing among the salaried ranks. I've seen many Store Managers come and go and have been on the pressure end of having to let someone go even though you know it isn't the "right" thing to do. I have a feeling that my time will be coming soon as well. There are not too many people who make it to a retirement age at the salaried level unless you get into a support role outside of the store."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Aiken, SC

"I worked for Home Depot for 6 years. They have strong customer service values and help associates as best they can. There is a system in place to help struggling associates. They provide good benefits."

UI Developer

"Worked for the company for 2 years and has been a great place to work as a UI developer."

Sales Associate
in Lake Charles, LA

"I worked for Home Depot a year and half and I found it very interesting. It helped me learn how to manage customers, the happy ones and the angry ones. I enjoyed my time working for this company."

Cashier
in Beaverton, OR

"This was a great experience to work with these guys, I learned how to work with others and customers. I became a better employee for working here."

in Somerville, MA

"it was a good company to work for, they are very good with employees and always give you the training you need, always keep you updated with the latest information."

Associate
in Bloomfield, CT

"I worked for The Home Depot in Bloomfield, CT as a seasonal garden employee. While the job was actually pretty enjoyable, I found our store to be chronically understaffed, to the point where getting the job done was reliant on causing other employees to not get theirs done. Furthermore, with certain resources being reliant on certified co-workers, I usually found my customers to be beyond irate due to waiting for their purchases. However, the pay was amazing given the position."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5