(based on 527 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 5 years ago in Dallas, TX
in Evansville, IN

"The pay isn't great but the hours are awesome."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Installation Manager
in Albany, NY

"The hours are long but it was a very fulfilling position. Dealing with customers could be difficult at times."

Home Depot (967)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (12)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (17)
Sales Associate
in San Pedro, CA

"The Home Depot works well for college student schedules. It provides competitive pay for the amount of work that is done at the store. The company listens to employee suggestions. The company also has success sharing payouts twice a year based off of store profits. I would recommend people work here."

in San Leandro, CA

"Home Depot is a billion-dollar company and is number 33 in Forbes Top 100 Companies list. It's a fun and healthy atmosphere, not to mention, technically pretty savvy; in other words, it's structured like a high-tech Company, using CRM tools such as SalesForce, to ensure the fewest number of customer complaints, slashing in cancels, thus increasing retention rate, partnership advantage and Brokers and Vendors to Flourish."

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Branford, FL

"I've worked with Home Depot since 2017 and found the experience to be on par with what one would expect working in a large retail environment."

Installation Manager

"Previous hospitality development and construction experience. Would enjoy returning to specific areas of construction. Vast exposure to different levels in the industry. Returning to San Diego would encompass my expectations"

Home Depot Employee

"Horrible management, miserable employees, an example of how bad management is that we had an employee who showed up smelling like of booze every shift and they did nothing for six months which would be ok if he was just helping customers but he was an order picker which required him to drive a fork lift."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Department Supervisor
in El Dorado, AR

"I have worked for the Home Depot for nearly a year now, and not a day goes by that I don't feel extremely blessed to be able to work here. True, there are some bad days, and you do have to work hard, but that's going to be the same for every job. It definitely helps to be a team player and to be self-motivated. If you go in just wanting to mind your own business, do things your way, and collect a paycheck, you're probably going to end up irritated and disillusioned. You'll inevitably be asked to cover another department, and often there's simply not enough time to get everything done. However, having said all that, my experience has been fantastic. The company culture and atmosphere is incredible. The Home Depot takes very good care of its employees. The company often buys food to celebrate holidays, or sometimes just because. There are funds set up to help employees in need, and a nice range of benefits. Management is fantastic, and I feel very lucky to have such a great management team. They spend a lot of time on the floor, working alongside regular associates, and they certainly aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. They also spend a lot of time teaching and mentoring, especially if they see that their teaching is being received. Hard work is definitely noticed and rewarded. I was promoted to department supervisor about seven months after being hired. As I mentioned above, being a willing worker, and just rolling with whatever was thrown my way probably had a lot to do with that. Yes, you do have to put up with customers who probably shouldn't be allowed out in public, but again, that's going to be the same for any other job. To sum up, if you're able to take directions, don't mind working hard, are able to take initiative, and go above and beyond, then the Home Depot is a great place to work. You can truly go as high as you want to go. Plus, a college degree isn't required to achieve a manager position. So good luck, and I'll see you in the aisles!"

in Curtis Bay, MD

"The people I work with are great. It's management that brings everyone down. Certain ones have favorites and people get away with fireable offenses like leaving cash drawers open. The company has good morals, but it depends on the store you are at."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Valparaiso, IN

"Store runs on a skeleton crew leaving customers aggravated, dealing with a lack of assistance. Company loves to have as few of people working as possible despite continually going over sales goals. Pick a random department every morning and that department will have no associate in it. Training is a joke as staff are not adequately trained on how to run the store and take care of the customers. You're on your own to learn those things. Incompetent "head cashiers" and managers who couldn't tell the difference between right and left. There is usually only 1 lot associate scheduled at all times as well as 1 lumber associate, even during the busiest times of the year. This further demonstrates the incompetence of management. Bottom line, it's a great place to receive forklift training, obtain your forklift license and ultimately leave."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Baltimore, MD

"Working at Home Depot will never bring in a living wage, but depending on the management at your store, it is bearable."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Lansing, MI

"I have been working for Home Depot for 6 months. In the 6 months I have worked I have been ridiculed, had head cashiers talk badly about me, and bully me every day. I had a sexual harassment issue and took it to management yet the employee who harassed me had prior warnings is still there. I have had to bust my butt to get credits, remind people of our surveys, and other countless things and yet the HC want to bully and act like you’re incompetent. This is not a fun place to work. You can’t move up in the company without reapplying to the job, you don’t get raises. And if you have bad attendance and no credit apps opened then don’t count on a success sharing check."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"The supervisor I had at Ohio did not want to do anything. He almost always had one of us do his job, then yelled at us because we couldn't get our work done on time. We were always behind on projects because of his attitude. I have to admit the main office tried to straighten him out after 2 of us quit in 2 weeks and 1 wanted a transfer out. There was only 8 people on the team. The store manager even tried to straighten him out to no avail."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Auburn, CA

"Under compensated for work and stress level."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Reading, MA

"This is not a good place to work. Sexual harassment is allowed like it's normal. Management knows and rewards these ugly individuals. Women do get promoted primarily because HR has to but they're treated like dirt. Intimidation and retaliation against women is common to try to keep them quiet."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5