On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are HR Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Customer Service Leads also with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 635 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"Home Depot is a good job that I worked at for over 5 years. The management treats you with respect and gives you what you need to do your job."
Posted 7 years ago in Ozone Park, NY
in Westminster, CA

"Typical cashier position where things are made harder than they should be. Hours are: when they need you and they may stick you in a different position on any given day. If you're going to commit to this position, do not be afraid to tell higher ups of any concerns you may have, they'll listen, but the position is still a mediocre one."

in Oxnard, CA

"This is a great location to work at. Managers and other employees are super friendly and helpful. This is a busier location, so there is always something to do. I also love that you can get cross-trained making it easier to move departments, or help out when it’s busy. Overall I know everyone who works here, loves it!"

Home Depot (1075)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Xylem (10)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Orchard Supply Hardware (11)
Customer Service Associate
in Georgetown, TX

"I worked for ten months at The Home Depot Georgetown as a Customer Service Associate. The coworkers were always very friendly and polite, as well as the managers. The pay was really good. The only cons are I had to work on my feet during all the shifts, and some days, like Holidays or Black Fridays were really busy, having lots of customers at the store and by phone. But overall, is a good place to earn a fairly good income and make friends!"

in Grain Valley, MO

"I started working for Arise as a customer service rep. for Home Depot. It's not a bad job and you can basically choose your own hours. The negative side is that it is a "contract" job with very little or no support. If you have an issue ... good luck. The pay is not bad and the work at home option is what I was looking for but it is not for everyone"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Sales Associate
in Vallejo, CA

"Teamwork, management were very supportive, supervisor backed you up; be in health or safety"

Data Analyst

"Overall a good company but no work/life balance."

in Burbank, CA

"Very low pay, lower than virtually every other local employer. Home Depot's wages are behind the times. They are starting cashiers $2/hour below minimum wage and sales specialists $1/hour below local minimum wage. I regret working here as a seasonal employee. Not only was the pay substandard, they disposed of every seasonal worker, regardless of your performance. They preferred to keep burned out permanent employees who no longer care about their jobs over hard workers who generate a lot of sales. It is disappointing."

in Baltimore, MD

"This is a great place to work."

Customer Service Representative
in Tempe, AZ

"I accepted a temporary position, in the hopes it would lead to a permanent job offer. In these challenging times, we need to learn to be flexible."

Home Depot Employee

"I enjoy the opportunities, fast paced environment and team atmosphere present at The Home Depot. Home Depot is committed to putting the customers and employees first, and I have experienced that with the training and support I have received along with the opportunities to move into different roles and build a career."

in Rialto, CA

"Home Depot is a great company. They take care of their employees and provide great benefits for full time and part-time employees."

Night Stocker

"It's the best job, they care for their employees. They spend time helping them and keeping them safe. It's the best job I have ever had."

Sales Associate
in Brea, CA

"I have been working for the Home Depot, for about 6 months. I recently accrued this job due to loss of previous employment. HomeDepot has been great about making sure everyone stays safe and we all are enjoying out time working for them. I have felt very accepted and in good company since my hire date. The home depot is fast paced and very customer service driven, I enjoy that a lot because I like to talk to people and make sure they have a great experience."

in Perris, CA

"I've worked at the home depot for over 6 years and in my experience I have yet to work for an employer as passionate about their people. Home Depot is committed to living their core values and continuously ensure that their most valuable assets are rewarded for their efforts in driving the success of the company."

in Richardson, TX

"I worked for The Home Depot from July 2018 until July 18, 2019.On July 18. 2019, I had a car accident and wasn't able to stand on my feet for long periods of time, so I was not able to continue my job as a cashier at The Home Depot. developed many friends, both associates and customers, and was saddened to have to give my notice of resignation after being on medical leave of absence for several months. I enjoyed working there and miss my fellow associates. The Home Depot is an excellent place to work and I would recommend anyone to become a part of the family."