On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are HR Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Contractors with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 509 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 3 years ago in Dallas, TX
Home Depot Employee

"I wanted a job where I felt a sense of purpose and security and stability. As well as an ability to move up and a company that supposedly cared about their people. After being in the company 15 years it apparently is not that so. They really didn't care about the employees that were at the bottom like where I started. Eventually now they care only about the hourly employees and they don't care about upper management, they don't care about people working 55 hours a week being overtime exempt employees. In speaking with other organizations they cannot believe that Home Depot makes it mandatory for their salaried managers to work 55 plus hours a week with no overtime or 55 mandatory even with overtime would be unreal. In speaking with other high managers and other organizations they say that there is no quality of life and that is terrible for a company to do that to their employees, especially to keep them staying 6 days on certain days. All salaried managers at Home Depot are required to work a minimum of 55 hours a week, therefore thus making you have no life at all, very difficult to have a life when you have no set schedule. But it's worse when you work 55 hours a week. The health packages are also very unreasonable. Years ago it was a lot different, granted the price of everything goes up but the company can do so much better for someone with a better health package. The company needs to start caring about upper management and not just about hourly employees, even though they're the ones that take care of the customers. Also the first line of the defense of the company and they deserve recognition reward and retention. Not that common for them to get. Also, people can't speak freely without retaliation, when you speak to HR they should be fired. There needs to be a thorough investigation of this company starting at the top. Upper management also took advantage of Hurricane Sandy free benefits when they had no reason to, how dare they take free money."

in Ontario, CA

"Love the culture and the people."

Home Depot (949)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (12)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (17)
Greeter
in Glendale, AZ

"Good company great people, and fun job."

in Mira Loma, CA

"Lots of accountability across the board for: meetings, reports, assisting other departments when short staffed (frequent occurrence), event planning, PK scheduling, vendor handling, training, credit driving/training, lead getting/training, lead follow-ups, customer issues related to all leads, system glitches that require extensive follow up with vendors, product knowledge, and a host of other responsibilities. Little to no training provided. Very little money for the work involved."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Rockford, IL

"Great company to work for. They really value their people and treat you like family."

Sales Associate
in Springfield, MO

"I have worked there 2 years and only make $9.24 hour. I think that an employee with great ratings should be making $12 to $16 per hour. Look what employees are making elsewhere or here in Springfield. Management does not want you to discuss your wages with other employees. What are they afraid of? Good company except for the pay."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Waite Park, MN

"Overall a great retailer to work for."

in Pawtucket, RI

"I have worked for the company for the last two years now and have busted my ass for it at the beginning. I figured if I worked hard and learned how to use some of the machines and got be able to use them really well I would have gotten a good raise. So after staying late and working really hard and sweating/freezing depending on the weather after a year I only received a slap in the face of a raise of 22 cents. Even after having top performer scores and 'Valued Associate' ratings."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
SAP Consultant

"It was a good experience working with HD Supply."

Technical Lead

"I have worked with Home Depot in the IT security domain. I feel that the company is very vast and has excellent customer service. I would recommend to anyone."

Home Depot Employee

"Fantastic place to work. You can work there for the rest of your life if you so chose."

in Madison, WI

"Great company to work for, worked in 5 different stores and have gained friends for life from all of them. The company really takes care of the managers and associates. It was the best company I've ever worked for."

in Glen Mills, PA

"I have worked at Home Depot for 2 years now and everything from its environment to its managers are above the standard of other companies in its type."

in Frisco, TX

"I have worked for The Home Depot for four years in several different areas: Sales/Cashier/Customer Service and Bookkeeper."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"The Home Depot is one of the best top employers in Canada. It has a respectful atmosphere. And you'll learn a lot from training."