(based on 596 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 6 years ago in Dallas, TX
Home Depot Employee

"I've worked for The Home Depot pro for going on 5 years. Created many life long relationships within and through out the multifamily and home depot world. Amazing company to work for with deep and positive culture that really follows the inverted pyramid they base their entire culture on."

Home Depot Employee

"Home Depot is an excellent company to work for. It takes care of the employees really well."

Home Depot (1036)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Danfoss (31)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Rain Bird (21)
Tool Technician
in Cleveland, OH

"Good place to work just does not pay enough."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"Home Depot is a good place to start your carrier. What you can learn is customer service, detail, and dedication, only negative is the pay per hour. There is room for advancement, if you are young, education reimbursement, and insurance. It is a job of reward as you learn."

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Costa Mesa, CA

"I worded for the freight crew for a little over 3 months until a health problem kept me from keeping the job. I had a back injury years prior that limits my mobility."

in Marietta, GA

"Wonderful experience with tons of visibility for all work that I was responsible for. Awarded for a few different projects I was responsible for and appreciation from management was shown."

Home Depot Employee

"Great company, they have many programs to assist associates. They also have programs where associates volunteer to assist in rebuilding or fixing up homes of people with limited means."

Cashier
in Boston, MA

"Well, train and reliable personnel. He does all it takes to make sure he met his goals. He is very focused on satisfying customers and making achievements is the key to is morals. He quite loves challenges and also organized his self to an epic manner. He is well know for os friendliness"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Lumber Associate
in Portland, OR

"I worked almost a year with this company and it’s a good environment. Everyone’s very helpful and the managers are very helpful. Also, very friendly and outgoing. I would recommend working at this company because everyone is helpful and outgoing."

in Torrance, CA

"I've worked got this company since October of 2017, its a company that believes in strong customer service, and practices for the businesses main purposes. The company is good with showing support of one another, and the interactions you receive are based off of your performance and skill set you bring to the company day to day operations. If you want to work for a diverse company with opportunities for growth, then this company is for you."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Department Supervisor

"Home Depot is the most family-oriented company I have ever worked for. They really seem to care about the welfare of their people!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in West Columbia, SC

"I worked for Home Depot since 2020, it’s a overall good company, but the labor is not worth the pay."

Project Specialist
in Boca Raton, FL

"it's a nice place to work part time for students."

Home Depot Employee

"I am a contractor at Home Depot, and I have really enjoyed my time here. My manager and team supports me and helps me be successful in my position and also in my career. There is a lot of growth opportunity even as a contractor, and working at Home Depot has opened doors for me in other ways, especially during my job search after."

Home Depot Employee

"Store managers using fake names on schedules! Worked for Home Depot in Denver for 4.5 years. During that time store managers were using fake names on the schedules, over thirty, yes thirty, to make sure they got their bonus!!! Beware if you are interested in the company. I would like to hear from any other associates who have experienced the same. Possibly something taught by management to store managers???"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5