On average, employees at Best Buy give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Best Buy employees are Geek Squad Members submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Customer Service Supervisors with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 667 Best Buy Review Ratings)
"Best Buy was a great place to work while in school and still get some training and understanding of the industry at the same time."
Posted 10 years ago in San Francisco, CA
in Richfield, MN

"I worked for this company for a couple of years and was very disappointed by their policies, specially when I wanted to move up in my career I stepped into a brick wall with the ongoing silent age discrimination they have within this company. I complained and never heard back from their HR dept."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Best Buy Employee

"I have worked at best buy for 6 months and I like it sometimes but most of the time I really do not like the way the employees are treated, management has communication issues and it is a very numbers based environment, they basically tell you to forget customer service and to sell sell sell, if you stay with a customer too long, you get yelled at, if you don't get a sale, you get yelled at. Our expectations are extremely high for such low pay, and the fact that they almost treat us as if we are commission based which we are not. No real opportunity to move up as management is very biased and shows favoritism. We are expected to do so many things that are above our pay grade it is kind of ridiculous. My supervisor sets unrealistic goals for us, and the fact that if you do not hit the extremely high revenue per hour goal, you are scolded. The thing is when someone is closing for the night over 45 minutes go by every night when you are on the clock with no sales and you get scolded for not reaching revenue goals because this time counts toward that. I like my coworkers and the community. The general manager of the store is awesome, but its the other upper management that is disconnected and totally numbers based."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Best Buy (1200)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (5)
Consultant
in Duluth, GA

"I have been working with Best Buy for 7 months now and I have had a great working experience. I have received great coaching from my managers and supervisors to help me become a better leader. The employees at Best Buy are knowledgeable about their product, which also helps to give great customer service."

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I have worked for Best Buy for the past 3 years and have truly enjoyed it. This is a business that really ensures that you are aware of the new technologies that are available as well as takes the time to help you grow within the company. They adapt to the ever changing market of technology and stay ahead of the curve."

Average Best Buy Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Best Buy Employee

"Company was okay to work for."

in Ithaca, NY

"I accepted a warehouse position at Best Buy because I couldn't find any other work. The hiring GM stressed it was an environment where you had to "have fun", yet everyone is in low spirits and looking elsewhere for work mostly due to poor management."

in Manassas, VA

"Great place to learn about the real world and get a start towards skills that will help you in future careers."

Wireless Sales Consultant
in Flushing, NY

"Great environment and good people, fun trying to convince people to buy products and great time helping the customers out."

in Kent, WA

"I have worked as a hub employee for about 3 years. This was a great job before I wanted to start a family. This company and position was a well rounded and well paid position that allowed me to continue to work there. This company was competitive with their pay and concerned about their employees. If they were to have hours that worked to allow me to be with my family I would continue to work there."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Geek Squad Supervisor
in Miami, FL

"I work for Best Buy for about 6 years. I'm the supervisor for the geeksquad department. My goal as a leader in a nut shell is to make my co-worker better than me and I've been top 30 of the company in services for 3 year straight. I have great joy teaching and bring out the best in person."

in Willmar, MN

"I've only worked at Best Buy for 6 months, it's not the worst job. But it's generally stocked with individuals who don't actually know anything about technology, but know just enough to get by. So I would never recommend actually taking honest advice from anyone there. Not even me, despite the fact I'm one of the few honest ones, too many other sales reps come off as being the honest and straightforward guy. You just can't tell who is legit and who isn't"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Business Analyst
in Minneapolis, MN

"I have worked for a short while but I love the culture and the way work is done. Team work and collaboration."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Sales Associate
in Lakewood, CO

"I worked at Best Buy for three years. It was fun until our store manager left and the new one did not care about its current employees. Best Buy is retail so remember it's all numbers to them, besides that it was a blast."

in Danbury, CT

"Best Buy is a good company to work for. Their training for management is above par."