(based on 673 Best Buy Review Ratings)
"Great place to work if you like fun environments. Pay is not all that great, but you will enjoy your time."
Posted 8 years ago in Conroe, TX
Planogram Specialist
in Henderson, NV

"I've worked in Best Buy since 2014 of August. I've traveled within the company for many years as a technician, sales associate, and merchandiser. While traveling to various states, I've remodeled and lead teams throughout the process to keep the project dateline on time and with the best of my abilities."

Best Buy Employee

"Really great work place and competitive pay. Cool new technology gadgets to learn from."

Best Buy (1206)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (5)
Sales Associate
in Torrance, CA

"Best Buy is a good company too work for while going too school. Aside from that, not much too say."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Assets Protection Specialist
in Lewisville, TX

"Well my job description is to prevent theft and fraud of any purchases were exchange for returns verify receipt reassuring to the safety of customers and coworkers and having visual surveillance of the cameras"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average Best Buy Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Sales Manager
in Florence, KY

"Its an ok place to work for a while but I wouldnt recommend making a career out of it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Mobile Supervisor
in Cypress, TX

"I have worked at Best Buy for 4 years now. I loved the time spent there. Great culture and very competitive environment. I was in charge of the mobile business in my store. On average my department would make about 300K to 400K in revenue. I made sure that my team was trained and always engaged with customers to find them the best solution."

in Richfield, MN

"I worked for this company for a couple of years and was very disappointed by their policies, specially when I wanted to move up in my career I stepped into a brick wall with the ongoing silent age discrimination they have within this company. I complained and never heard back from their HR dept."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Best Buy Employee

"I have worked at best buy for 6 months and I like it sometimes but most of the time I really do not like the way the employees are treated, management has communication issues and it is a very numbers based environment, they basically tell you to forget customer service and to sell sell sell, if you stay with a customer too long, you get yelled at, if you don't get a sale, you get yelled at. Our expectations are extremely high for such low pay, and the fact that they almost treat us as if we are commission based which we are not. No real opportunity to move up as management is very biased and shows favoritism. We are expected to do so many things that are above our pay grade it is kind of ridiculous. My supervisor sets unrealistic goals for us, and the fact that if you do not hit the extremely high revenue per hour goal, you are scolded. The thing is when someone is closing for the night over 45 minutes go by every night when you are on the clock with no sales and you get scolded for not reaching revenue goals because this time counts toward that. I like my coworkers and the community. The general manager of the store is awesome, but its the other upper management that is disconnected and totally numbers based."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Consultant
in Duluth, GA

"I have been working with Best Buy for 7 months now and I have had a great working experience. I have received great coaching from my managers and supervisors to help me become a better leader. The employees at Best Buy are knowledgeable about their product, which also helps to give great customer service."

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I have worked for Best Buy for the past 3 years and have truly enjoyed it. This is a business that really ensures that you are aware of the new technologies that are available as well as takes the time to help you grow within the company. They adapt to the ever changing market of technology and stay ahead of the curve."

Best Buy Employee

"Company was okay to work for."

in Ithaca, NY

"I accepted a warehouse position at Best Buy because I couldn't find any other work. The hiring GM stressed it was an environment where you had to "have fun", yet everyone is in low spirits and looking elsewhere for work mostly due to poor management."

in Manassas, VA

"Great place to learn about the real world and get a start towards skills that will help you in future careers."

Wireless Sales Consultant
in Flushing, NY

"Great environment and good people, fun trying to convince people to buy products and great time helping the customers out."