(based on 719 Best Buy Review Ratings)
"While working for Best Buy I had the opportunity to meet new people, advise according to my expertise, learn about all new technology and keep up to date. I would recommend Best Buy for any person looking for a career with great benefits and competitive goals. When working for Best Buy there is a feeling of being part of a team."
Posted 7 years ago in Mount Laurel, NJ
in Staten Island, NY

"I've only worked for Best Buy for a few months, but I feel like it is a great start for anyone looking to get into sales. The training is extensive, and development is ongoing. Employees are given access to many resources that can help."

in Hamilton, OH

"It's not a good place to work for an adult. A lot of my peers are wonderful people, but the supervisors and managers all practice favoritism to an insane degree. I believe hard work should dictate raises and promotion but not so at Best Buy. Most of the time it's who you hang out with after work."

Customer Service Specialist
in Pflugerville, TX
Person You Work For 3.5 / 5 People You Work With 3.5 / 5 Work Setting 3.5 / 5
Support You Get 3.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.5 / 5
Computer Salesperson
in Mount Laurel, NJ

in Peoria, IL

"Best Buy sucks."

Customer Sales and Service Associate
in Vestal, NY

"I have worked for Best Buy for 16 months and I have loved the majority of it. I have had the opportunity to bring my store to number 1 in the territory which was very exciting as well as rewarding. I love working with the public to make our customers happy and have an enjoyable experience within our store. The only downfall to working at this specific store is that I have asked repeatedly to move to a different position inside the store. I have been denied several times, sadly."

in East Amherst, NY

"I worked for Best Buy for 11 years and learned more about leadership than I ever had before. The company was a great place to work until the new CEO took over that was only concerned about the bottom line and not the people that get you the bottom line!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Repair Technician
in Merced, CA

"I have been a Geek squad Agent for the past 2 years, and have significantly grown as a employee, and a technician. I believe Best Buy has a played a significant role in supplying me with the tools necessary to grow."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Richfield, MN

"If you enjoy diversity and interacting with many different people this is the place for you! They use bleeding edge technology where they can, and are using cutting edge technology on many new and upcoming projects. Last but not least, I would be remiss if I did not mention: Beware of the usual corporate antics. If you're new to this kind of environment, study up on it so you can make the best of it."

in Elk Grove, CA

"I worked for Best Buy for a little over 2 years. I decided to move on to pursue a career as a phlebotomist."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Little Falls, NJ

"I worked for Best Buy/Geek Squad for six years and the environment turned very poor when there was a major restructuring in 2012. Geek Squad was merged with customer service, weekend work was required, and manager bonuses were based on the department profit, causing managers to be real jerks."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Braintree, MA

"Great company, they just need to work on getting the right people in place to help the company move forward."

in West Palm Beach, FL

"I worked for Best Buy for15 years, starting as an Occasional-Seasonal employee, where I progressively worked my way through the ranks with the last 9 years serving as a General Manager and/or District Staff. Overall I would say that the company and its people treated me well for the majority of that time. I wish them best in their future endeavors."

Home Theatre Specialist
in Minneapolis, MN

"Good company to work for. Sales training is probably the best of any retail company in comparison to its competitors."

Sales Consultant
in Philadelphia, PA

"I've worked for Best Buy and overall I would say it's a good company. I just wish I was given more of an opportunity to show that I was a great employee, but I guess I can't be mad because I was only seasonal."