101 Best Buy Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Best Buy Reviews by Job Title →
in Richfield, MN

"I worked for this company for a couple of years and was very disappointed by their policies, specially when I wanted to move up in my career I stepped into a brick wall with the ongoing silent age discrimination they have within this company. I complained and never heard back from their HR dept."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Best Buy Anonymous Employee

"I have worked at best buy for 6 months and I like it sometimes but most of the time I really do not like the way the employees are treated, management has communication issues and it is a very numbers based environment, they basically tell you to forget customer service and to sell sell sell, if you stay with a customer too long, you get yelled at, if you don't get a sale, you get yelled at. Our expectations are extremely high for such low pay, and the fact that they almost treat us as if we are commission based which we are not. No real opportunity to move up as management is very biased and shows favoritism. We are expected to do so many things that are above our pay grade it is kind of ridiculous. My supervisor sets unrealistic goals for us, and the fact that if you do not hit the extremely high revenue per hour goal, you are scolded. The thing is when someone is closing for the night over 45 minutes go by every night when you are on the clock with no sales and you get scolded for not reaching revenue goals because this time counts toward that. I like my coworkers and the community. The general manager of the store is awesome, but its the other upper management that is disconnected and totally numbers based."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Scottsdale, AZ

"I have worked for Best Buy for the past 3 years and have truly enjoyed it. This is a business that really ensures that you are aware of the new technologies that are available as well as takes the time to help you grow within the company. They adapt to the ever changing market of technology and stay ahead of the curve."

Best Buy Anonymous Employee

"Company was okay to work for."

in Ithaca, NY

"I accepted a warehouse position at Best Buy because I couldn't find any other work. The hiring GM stressed it was an environment where you had to "have fun", yet everyone is in low spirits and looking elsewhere for work mostly due to poor management."

in Manassas, VA

"Great place to learn about the real world and get a start towards skills that will help you in future careers."

in Kent, WA

"I have worked as a hub employee for about 3 years. This was a great job before I wanted to start a family. This company and position was a well rounded and well paid position that allowed me to continue to work there. This company was competitive with their pay and concerned about their employees. If they were to have hours that worked to allow me to be with my family I would continue to work there."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Willmar, MN

"I've only worked at Best Buy for 6 months, it's not the worst job. But it's generally stocked with individuals who don't actually know anything about technology, but know just enough to get by. So I would never recommend actually taking honest advice from anyone there. Not even me, despite the fact I'm one of the few honest ones, too many other sales reps come off as being the honest and straightforward guy. You just can't tell who is legit and who isn't"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Danbury, CT

"Best Buy is a good company to work for. Their training for management is above par."