(based on 719 Best Buy Review Ratings)
"Great place to work if you like fun environments. Pay is not all that great, but you will enjoy your time."
Posted 10 years ago in Conroe, TX
Wireless Sales Consultant
in Flushing, NY

"Great environment and good people, fun trying to convince people to buy products and great time helping the customers out."

in Kent, WA

"I have worked as a hub employee for about 3 years. This was a great job before I wanted to start a family. This company and position was a well rounded and well paid position that allowed me to continue to work there. This company was competitive with their pay and concerned about their employees. If they were to have hours that worked to allow me to be with my family I would continue to work there."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Geek Squad Supervisor
in Miami, FL

"I work for Best Buy for about 6 years. I'm the supervisor for the geeksquad department. My goal as a leader in a nut shell is to make my co-worker better than me and I've been top 30 of the company in services for 3 year straight. I have great joy teaching and bring out the best in person."

in Willmar, MN

"I've only worked at Best Buy for 6 months, it's not the worst job. But it's generally stocked with individuals who don't actually know anything about technology, but know just enough to get by. So I would never recommend actually taking honest advice from anyone there. Not even me, despite the fact I'm one of the few honest ones, too many other sales reps come off as being the honest and straightforward guy. You just can't tell who is legit and who isn't"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Business Analyst
in Minneapolis, MN

"I have worked for a short while but I love the culture and the way work is done. Team work and collaboration."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Sales Associate
in Lakewood, CO

"I worked at Best Buy for three years. It was fun until our store manager left and the new one did not care about its current employees. Best Buy is retail so remember it's all numbers to them, besides that it was a blast."

in Danbury, CT

"Best Buy is a good company to work for. Their training for management is above par."

in Harrisburg, PA

"It ran pretty well. Low shrinkage. High customer rate. People came back. It's pretty laid back for the employees and the managers are great people."

Consultation Agent
in Plymouth, MA

"I've worked at Geek Squad for just over a couple years and have enjoyed my time there. The work environment was always professional and I have always gotten along really well with my leaders and fellow co-workers. Geek squad is a great place to obtain some basic troubleshooting and help desk experience, and if that is what you are looking for then I would definitely recommend it."

in Goleta, CA

"I particularly enjoy working here, it's a great environment and it teaches you a lot about the latest technologies and devices. You become hyper-aware of your surrounding and it teaches you how to balance a stressful work environment by remaining calm, cool, and collected. This is a great place to build valuable work ethic."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Advanced Repair Agent
in Philadelphia, PA

"Second month working here--so far so good. Management is very flexible and the upper brass relish change. Work can be both hectic and daunting. There is never a time when you have nothing to do and your productivity will depend on how well you can multitask. Only thing I don't like is the fact Geek Squad is a service provider, but the success of the precinct is mostly based on sales."

in North Little Rock, AR

"Feel like I am getting paid way less than most technicians and I am doing a better job than most of them."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Richmond, VA

"It is a very fun place to work and start off my career as a software tester."

in Baldwin, NY

"Loved it - great working experience."

in Baton Rouge, LA

"I've worked with Best Buy/Geek Squad for 3 years and it's been a blast. For any person who loves work with computer hardware and diagnosing and fixing computers, it's a great job."