On average, employees at Walmart give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walmart employees are Courtesy Associates submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Stockers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 796 Walmart Review Ratings)

"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 7 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Madison, WI

"Worst company to work for in Healthcare. Upper management is completely unrealistic with its expectations of employees. You are expected to work with only the pharmacist to back you up for the last few hours of your shift while last minute customers flood in. Other techs will treat you bad for asking questions and trying to learn the job better. The techs that worked there the longest worked the least hours a week but complained the most about techs who worked full time and were new. Management does nothing to have any type of formal two weeks of training. You have two days of cbls and are thrown on the floor to be treated like a dog. Customers will not respect you and coworkers will be quick to place the blame but do little to nothing to help you. Go through formal schooling first and try to get in a hospital setting as soon as you can. Retail in general is bad but being a technician is worse because you are expected to work at light speed which often causes mistakes and a toxic culture of the blame game."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Digital Associate
in Erwin, NC

"I am nearing 2 years at my current store. I am held many different positions here during that time. Compensation is ok for most positions, but other positions may require 3 times or more the workload for the same pay. Bonuses were taken away for a ~$0.20/hour raise. No holiday pay, and a heavy penalty for using PTO on those days."

Walmart (1111)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
in Chino, CA

"I've worked for Walmart for a bit more than a month. I was able to learn and collaborate with fellow coworkers and my supervisor to be able to keep up with the inventory processing and supply management for shipments. Overall it was a good experience as I learned more about time management and detail analysis."

Associate
in Pico Rivera, CA

"Good place to start off a first job. They give you flexible schedules so one can go to school and work."

Cashier
in Etobicoke, ON

"Walmart is excellent company to get work for the international students who are looking for part time position."

in Bentonville, AR

"Worked for Walmart since 2019. Good compensation and many opportunities for advancement. Frequent sweeping unexplained policy changes from turbulent management are frustrating."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Valparaiso, IN

"The co-workers are friendly and fun to work with."

in Milpitas, CA

"Walmart is a great place to work to start your career. The developers work very closely with designers and product managers. Work life balance is good. Turnover rate is a little high and concerning."

in Coral Springs, FL

"I’ve worked for Walmart for almost 3 years and I have enjoyed it. I’ve had great co-workers and good relationships with my supervisors and managers."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"It's a good company to work at scale but lots of political barriers to get things done quickly."

Online Grocery Personnel
in Pittsboro, NC

"I worked for Walmart's OGP department since July of 2019 and worked there up until the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. The online grocery department takes some getting used to, and is more physically demanding than the other branches of the store in my opinion. However, there is minimal contact with customers, and hours are pretty flexible. Coworkers and the boss could pose an issue if you don't have compatible personalities."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Maintenance Technician
in Irvington, AL

"I’ve worked for Walmart Inc. since July 2018. It was my first job out of college and they took a chance on someone with no experience. They took my raw talent and molded it into a model associate. I now feel like I am ready to move forward in my career and work toward my goals in becoming an engineer."

Walmart Employee

"Amazing people and amazing work goals"

in Bentonville, AR

"The company is changing and merged both the Realty division and Operations together which resulted in numerous jobs being eliminated. The new direction of the company is more with less, so be prepared to work and work hard. Management is not listening when we were telling them the changes were not working."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Mountain Home, ID

"Walmart is great business and managers are very helpful in your needs."