(based on 564 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 6 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
Senior Manager
in San Bruno, CA

"Dynamic environment with opportunity to move up, as long as you focus on KPI's and not the overall measure of success. Growth via scale is the only goal."

in Bentonville, AR

"I've worked for Wal-Mart since January of 2019. It has a friendly environment, and has allowed me to learn new things."

Walmart (879)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Invacare Continuing Care (8)
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I don't have a review. Just want to apply for a job."

Maintenance Associate
in Las Vegas, NV

"You will work hard, cleaning, restroom cleaning, bio & wet spill clean ups, answering P.A. system pages that are hard to understand, constant dust mop sweeping, running a floor scrubber while customers are in the store shopping- not fun, breaking down cardboard boxes, picking up heavy trash bags then throwing them into the trash compactor, making cardboard & plastic bales, minor repairs, other dirty labor type tasks. We are treated poorly, not respected for the slip hazards that we eliminate daily which costs the store lots of money from slip & fall lawsuits, not appreciated for the nasty messes we have to clean up daily. This position is also paid the lowest, but works the hardest. If you're not Hispanic or Filipino, you will be given reduced work hours, no regular schedule, you won't be able to make a living. Many salaried managers are unapologetic bigots. If you complain to management about safety problems or discrimination, you often are ignored. Walmart corp outright lies to the news media nationwide when it says it treats its associates well. How can I make a living on 12 hours a week $11.67 an hour after 13 years of hard work! If you work at Walmart, only do it as a part time job, be a cashier or AP Greeter, they don't do any physical work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Walmart Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Department Manager
in Chandler, AZ

"I have a combined 12 years with Walmart. I started out unloading trucks and worked my way up to Support and Department manager."

Area Manager
in Palestine, TX

"No thank you. I would not like to make a written review at this time"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"I worked at walmart database team as Microsoft sql DBA. I was invoved in migrating sql server to latest verison and Azure. The team was really knowledgeable and supporting. Being new to team it was hard to understand the environment but the teammates are really knowledgable and spent more time explaning environement and a[plications"

in Bentonville, AR

"Decent job and pay. I wish the company was more family-focused like it used to be."

in Harrisburg, PA

"Great company, but this site is now wasting my valuable time making me write a review of my employer. I do not appreciate it and it should not be held as a standard to apply for a position on Linkin! Let's see if someone actually reads this and makes better decisions."

Department Manager
in Carson City, NV

"I worked for Walmart since 2018 and since I have been in the company I have been treated with respect and have so much opportunity to grow. They are very understanding if you need to call out or will be late. Customers are always nice and management are very nice as well. A recommended place to work for anyone wanting a foot in the door or somewhere to move up."

in Bentonville, AR

"Great job as long you are willing to travel and stay in hotels."

in Hixson, TN

"I do not believe the company cares about its employees or customers. That, in my eyes, is very bad customer service all around. The cashiers, including myself, try to stay as positive as we can for our customers, but we constantly hear the bad things about the store the customers do NOT like. Customers have mentioned to me they will be finding an alternate place to do their shopping because they can see the way the company treats their workers."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Customer Service Specialist
in Cedar Hill, TX

"Walmart is a subpar company in regards to employee satisfaction. The pay isn’t enough for the amount of work done. It could improve, but the employee benefits aren’t that great either."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Freehold, NJ

"I had a great work experience with the company."

Director of Product Management
in San Bruno, CA

"Awesome opportunity to create impact through innovative products at scale . Company vision is great and culture is awesome."