(based on 766 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 5 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
Facilitator
in Streetsboro, OH

"I've worked for WalMart for six years. Within my first four years it was the best job I have ever had. When I got promoted with a change of leadership I started being mistreated. It was awful going to work everyday but the money and benefits was keeping my family whole. Eventually my boss finally had opportunity to cut his team and bring his own people in."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Chesterfield, VA

"From the second I was hired as a Walmart Associate, I was under compensated for my contributions. I was not appreciated for the work that I had done, despite improving our National Inventory Ranking to #1 in only 2 months of working there. Management would "punish" employees by cutting their hours, only to leave the hardworking and good employees on the schedule and understaffed during shifts. In turn, it was almost as if Walmart was punishing their good employees while rewarding the lazy associates with extra time off."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Walmart (1081)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
in Saint Paul, MN

"Been working for Walmart in automotive department for 3 months while looking for a job that better suited for my self"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked at the Walmart home office and in the field for more than 13 years. I've had many opportunities to expand my breadth of knowledge on stretch assignments outside of my daily scope. I’ve lead cross functional groups and worked on engaging projects that make a difference to our customers. I've also had the opportunity to lead large teams and meet some amazing associates."

Average Walmart Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Bentonville, AR

"ITS good client to work and professional in all aspects."

in Rexburg, ID

"walmart is good at savimg me money"

Cart Associate
in Paragould, AR

"I've worked at Walmart for over three years. Walmart is a great company for college and high school students. When I got bored of my position as a cashier (let`s be honest, we all like change once in a while) they let me float through the store. I've been a cashier, stocker, restocker, and cart pusher. I like cart pushing the most, because that`s where I have the best chances to help customers. Such as carry outs and loading TVs or furniture into customer`s vehicles."

Assistant Store Manager
in Fargo, ND

"Walmart is a great company to develop and further your career. Stressful at times but huge growth opportunities."

Lead Test Engineer

"I have worked for Walmart for about 6 years. Company is dedicated towards the customers as well as employee growth. We had all the tools necessary to get the job done. Here is Walmart's core values Service to the Customer, Respect for the Individual, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity."

in Bentonville, AR

"Great company with great values. The best part of course is the people that you will work with day to day. It does however suffer from the problems of management at scale. Making impactful changes can cause you to have to jump through a lot of hoops. However, if you're looking for an opportunity to work on software solutions at enterprise scale, this is a great place to do that."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Newburgh, NY

"While this position is fine as an entry-level position or a stop along the way to a better job,there are no places to move up the job ladder if you are a misplaced worker such as myself."

Assistant Store Manager
in Paramount, CA

"Walmart's unique culture gives the purpose and reason for anyone who works their. Walmart's Core Beliefs and Behaviors helps each employee ethics as well as keeping the trust of the customers and the local communities. Working for Walmart for the last 5 years has been amazing learning the different techniques and strategies to help make the environment and each community a better place of living."

in Aberdeen, MD

"I do not wish to review my present company"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"It is a good place to work with lots of opportunities"

in Gas City, IN

"I've worked there for four years and have found it to be a rewarding place to work if you are okay with being a hard worker. Career advancement is very likely there, I would recommend it as a good place to work."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5