(based on 766 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 7 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Bentonville, AR

"I’ve been with Wal-mart since 2013. I started out as a seasonal worker and 6 years later I am a salaried manager. It’s a company that you get out what you put into it. Everyday you learn something new whether it’s work related or something about your self you never new."

Assistant Store Manager
in Scarborough, ME

"It’s Walmart, always understaffed always busy."

in Texarkana, TX

"Walmart gives you as much as you are willing to put it into the company. In ten years I have held multiple positions within the company, each with different sets of challenges. Walmart can be either a first job or a long-lasting career for anyone. like any corporation, there can be negatives but compared to another fortune 500 companies its stacks up nice."

in Casa Grande, AZ

"I’ve worked for Walmart DC in Casa grande, Az. Since April 30, 2019 and i am just looking for a better opportunity to better my family’s life and our little baby boy who is almost here and since we found out he has Down syndrome it has just sparked a light in my wife and I to want and will be better for our children."

in Cranberry Twp, PA

"Poor management development, and career track for moving up limited. Limited due to who owes who favors or personal favoritism. Horrible home-work life balance, in fact its nonexistent. No team atmosphere, management is pitted against one another by the store manager. There is no respect or caring for anyone personal issues or situation by the store manager. He would rather his managers be there 18hr days. Laughable to get pto. You have to fight for everyday and then hear complaining from him that you took a pto day. Issues brought up to upper management. They just brushed it off. Consistent changes have cut out talented managers and forced others to leave. More changes coming will lead to more favoritism or personal favors. Poor freight flow distribution, limited employee incentives anymore and an emphasis on the associates being part of a family. It's a long way from what Mr. Sam aspired his company to be."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Executive Team Leader

"Mr Mitchell is at Dedicated/Devoted Member of Management who exudes Leadership. Throughout this past year he has lead his Team to an increase sales & a reduction in inventories as well as controls in claims & shrink. Employee engagement increased only 3% vs goal of a increase of 4%. Total Store Shrink down 5% vs goal of 3.5%, Our Turnover was 30 points higher than schedule. In a review of your over all areas it was a positive. Your increased present with in the other two ares of the store helped yet it could have shown greater success with a greater involvement. Out of a scale of one to ten I’m giving you an 8.5 - Store was short on shrink goals, which effected your overall rating"

Department Manager
in Duson, LA

"A job that pays well enough. I think management can do more. I believe the environment can change to positive"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
in Franklin, OH

"I've worked for Walmart since 2015 and it has been a wonderful experience. Walmart has a strong work life balance and invests in its associates. They have adequate training for their associates year round. There are countless job advancement opportunities as well. It's a great place to shop as well as build a career to support those you love."

in Bentonville, AR

"Tech driven organization that continues to reinvent itself to meet the modern day needs of consumers."

in Middleburg, FL

"I’ve worked at walmart for a few months. It’s a good job with good pay. Stocking is exceptionally easy and hours will always be there for associates."

Personal Shopper
in Norfolk, VA

"I’ve worked for Walmart for over a year. A fair place to work for a college student however I am beyond the position I am in and would like to move up in pay in the title."

in Plover, WI

"I have worked for Walmart several years and love its culture of teamwork, adaptability and willingness to serve the customer. The work/life balance is completely skewed as a salaried member of management, where you can be working 50-70 hours a week without increased compensation."

Sales Associate
in Midwest City, OK

"The company is excellent at helping people grow"

in Satellite Beach, FL

"Walmart is a wonderful place to work for, with very understanding supervisors. It was fun, fast-paced, and all-around enjoyable. The pay and benefits were very accommodating. Your hard work never goes unnoticed. They take all suggestions into consideration and really care about each individual. I loved it."

Area Manager
in Bronx, NY

"I have worked for Walmart for the last year. The company has put me in a position to succeed by granting me the tools to continue to develop as a leader."