(based on 580 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 6 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Granite Bay, CA

"I have been working for about 2 years at Walmart and have really enjoyed working with the employers. Over all this has been a very great place to work at."

Customer Service Cashier
in Granite Bay, CA

"I have been working for Walmart since 2012. This is a very well known retail company that emphasis customers saving money and living better lives. Overall I have enjoyed working with this company."

Walmart Employee

"Terrible place to work, you almost feel like a slave."

Stocker
in Cheyenne, WY

in Woodbury, NJ

"While Walmart appealed to me originally because of their desire to stay away from metrics-only focus like most other retail pharmacies, they have definitely deviated from their emphasis on counseling and overall customer care. While the compensation is above average, breakdowns in communication make the job increasingly more frustrating and far more difficult than it needs to be."

QA Manager
in Bentonville, AR

"I have more than 18 years experience in IT Industry which includes specific areas in both hardware and software. Currently I am working in Key Energy as a QA Manager."

in Winchester, VA

"Stuck working as a cart-pusher there for 8 years. I need a change. Never been considered to be moved inside."

in Henderson, NV

"After 3 years of being a Department Manager I am still no more than a stocker. Every year they come out with a new system on getting better and each time its either finally an accepted failure or they go on to the next. Though there is a set number of dept. managers who need telezons and printers to do price changes, and binning every day they basically make us fight for them because there's never enough. Favoritism is a big deal in growing in the company. Lack of communication never ends."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I worked for Walmart for 12 years and I was very happy until I needed a change because of issues with upper management."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Customer Service Manager

"I have worked for Walmart for almost four years. I love my coworkers and the customers but I feel that the company will not allow me to gain the accounting experience I need which is my desire."

in San Bruno, CA

"This company focuses way too much on getting peoples' feedback for putting a plan to action. I discovered that it doesn't matter what you do, it's how you do it here that counts. As a results driven person, I find it extremely frustrating. Otherwise, I love working here."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in San Bruno, CA

"They lead you to believe that you will be hired, no matter how hard you work then come up with reasons why they cannot hire you from a temp to perm position, and you watch the rest of your team get hired."

in Bentonville, AR

"Very good company to work with."

Cashier
in Tampa, FL

"I would recommend this CEO to other companies."

in Farmington, MO

"After three years in Wal-Mart, following other experiences in entry-level customer service jobs, I can say with confidence that Wal-Mart is a company of well-meaning people who are set up to fail. The co-workers at all levels are all friendly and hard-working, but there is a lack of focus on their well-being and opportunities which makes it impossible to succeed or thrive no matter what role you may end up taking within the corporation."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5