(based on 586 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 6 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
Maintenance Technician
in Cleveland, OH

"Great job to start career."

in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

"I been with Walmart since 2010 and I have no complaints."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Saint Cloud, FL

"An absolutely awful place to work. Too many managers with differing management styles and visions. Employees were basically treated as if they were disposable. Temporary employees were frequently hired for a particular season (Christmas) and then let go right on January 1st."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Mexico, MO
Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Dearborn, MI
Sales Associate
in Elizabeth City, NC

"Walmart is a billion dollar company. The compensation and work environment differ depending on the store manager. The manager at #1527, Elizabeth City, NC, is more generous than another store I have worked at. Walmart is a good temporary job for going to school for a professional position."

in Elizabeth City, NC

"Walmart is a billion dollar company. the compensation and work environment differ depending on the store manager. The manager at #1527, Elizabeth City, NC, is more generous than another store I have worked at. Walmart is a good temporary job for going to school for a professional position."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Asset Protection Manager
in Sealy, TX

"I began working for Walmart 2 years ago and the company treated me very well, in the beginning. My direct leadership was great in my first location prior to my lateral transfer to Texas. Things changed immediately whenever I arrived to Texas. My leadership no longer invested in me. The tools available for me to executive above the expectation were not available. Very political perspective from my immediate supervisor. I am currently seeking employment elsewhere."

in Casselberry, FL

"Run, seriously if you are reading this then you are smart enough that you will be treated horribly at this company. Quite simply they only want "Yes men" with no opinion of their own in this company. If you use reason or logic with management they will become angry as these are concepts they do not understand or in some cases had beaten out of them. They will make you feel worthless and constantly make threats to coach you until they come around to your way of thinking. Fact is the only way to keep them off your back is to sick OSHA or another government organization on them and even then it is only a temporary fix. So, run my friends, just please for the love of God, run."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I had been contracting for 3 years and besides my good performance there is little room for moving forward at walmart."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart can take great pride in its company culture."

in Arden, NC

"I have worked for Wal-Mart for nearly 5 years. I have enjoyed my time there for the most part. The environment can be stressful for sure, and sometimes in the Supercenters like the one in which I work, it can be very chaotic. As far as my experience there goes, those who work there do their best for their customers and their coworkers."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart is having good opportunity to excel in technical knowledge."

Receiving Associate
in Corona, CA

"Some aspects of the overall process were frustratingly inefficient at times. However, I enjoyed and quickly bonded with many of my co-workers, including many from other departments. The work environment was fast paced and fun. Rarely was I stuck doing the same thing longer than two hours which allowed me to enjoy and take pride in my work, rather than loathe it."

Pharmacy Technician
in Leland, NC

"I've worked for Walmart Pharmacy for 5 years. It was good at first. Everything was new. And you were helping people get their prescriptions. It was always busy and fast paced. But now with all the new regulations with the government healthcare changes, you don't know if you are coming or going. The attitude with Upper Management is either do the job or quit! Just in our district alone, 5 pharmacists either quit or got fired. 9 pharmacy technicians either got fired or quit too! And I recently left. Worked there for 5 years and nothing to show for it! Health & Wellness division is going to fall flat on their face, and it's going to be customers paying for it!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5