(based on 674 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 6 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
Customer Service Manager
in Alexandria, VA

"Good place to work. I had a lot of fun working there. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a temporary job."

Co-Manager

"Good company to work for, just do not expect to move up the ranks for years, no matter what."

HR Manager
in Cheektowaga, NY

"Walmart is a great entry level start for someone looking to gain industry experience"

Software Developer

"I have worked at Walmart from last 4 months and I enjoy working at this specific position. I would definitely recommend my other developers to work here. I have to move to Utah otherwise I would not leave this position."

Department Manager
in Arnold, MO

"I’ve worked for Walmart for ten years. The company has gone through many changes over the years. These changes are not beneficial to its employees. They are seriously understaffed."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Deli Associate
in Sherwood, AR

"It was a pleasure working with Walmart at the Sherwood location."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Benbrook, TX

"I worked at Walmart for 2.5 years and it has been a huge learning experience. While working I had over 8 different managers, all with different managing styles. Everyday was challenging and new, which was good at first but eventually got tiring trying to keep up with all the new changes. Your coworkers will definitely make or break whatever position you get at this company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Asset Protection Manager
in Oskaloosa, IA

"Walmart is a great place to work! Walmart stands by its associates and provides plenty of training and state of the art technology to make both their customers and associates lives simpler. Walmart offers great opportunities for volunteering around the community, investing back into the company, a healthy work/life balance, and industry leading pay."

in San Francisco, CA

"Loved my team I was put into! Exceeded goals and metrics when had recruitment to work on! Churn and Burn in sourcing functional model."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Canandaigua, NY

"Company is good overall. The main issue is the lack of pay, lack of staffing, and customer behavior. Lack of staffing leaves work for the next shift making it hard for that shift to complete their work."

in Bentonville, AR

"I’ve been with Wal-mart since 2013. I started out as a seasonal worker and 6 years later I am a salaried manager. It’s a company that you get out what you put into it. Everyday you learn something new whether it’s work related or something about your self you never new."

Assistant Store Manager
in Scarborough, ME

"It’s Walmart, always understaffed always busy."

in Texarkana, TX

"Walmart gives you as much as you are willing to put it into the company. In ten years I have held multiple positions within the company, each with different sets of challenges. Walmart can be either a first job or a long-lasting career for anyone. like any corporation, there can be negatives but compared to another fortune 500 companies its stacks up nice."

in Casa Grande, AZ

"I’ve worked for Walmart DC in Casa grande, Az. Since April 30, 2019 and i am just looking for a better opportunity to better my family’s life and our little baby boy who is almost here and since we found out he has Down syndrome it has just sparked a light in my wife and I to want and will be better for our children."

in Cranberry Twp, PA

"Poor management development, and career track for moving up limited. Limited due to who owes who favors or personal favoritism. Horrible home-work life balance, in fact its nonexistent. No team atmosphere, management is pitted against one another by the store manager. There is no respect or caring for anyone personal issues or situation by the store manager. He would rather his managers be there 18hr days. Laughable to get pto. You have to fight for everyday and then hear complaining from him that you took a pto day. Issues brought up to upper management. They just brushed it off. Consistent changes have cut out talented managers and forced others to leave. More changes coming will lead to more favoritism or personal favors. Poor freight flow distribution, limited employee incentives anymore and an emphasis on the associates being part of a family. It's a long way from what Mr. Sam aspired his company to be."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5