(based on 607 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 4 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in Rockland, ME

"I think the management is very helpful for the most part, but the pay is honestly lousy."

in Hoboken, NJ

"Thankful for the opportunity."

Co-Manager
in New Orleans, LA

"I worked for Walmart with the overall objective to meet company goals and build effective teams and provide great customer relations."

in Zanesville, OH

"Worst Walmart ever. Working here was just the worst experience of my life. My C.S.M. Supervisor who name starts with a D, regularly Harass and Bully me through out my entire time of working at this depressing store. She Constantly yelled and made a lot of insults towards a lot of the workers here and ran out a lot of the stockman. It took them a very long time to get the Cart Manager remote fix, like 2 weeks and it made pushing in more Carts hard without it. They promise it would be fix quicker but lied like always. Advice to Walmart Management, If you treat your Employee's better maybe your store won't have such an high turnover rate!"

in Spanaway, WA

"It’s pretty cool nice close knit family"

Claims Associate
in Plaistow, NH

"I’ve only been at this position for a few months and according to my immediate supervisor have really exceeded all expectations in learning and applying the information required to succeed in this position, sadly due to 2 ass managers consistently interfering with my daily duties that result in late child care I’ll be leaving but it’s been a great learning position."

in Athens, AL

"The man that was supposed to be training me tried to run me off instead. Before my last break he told me that he hoped he didn’t run me off because he ran off the last guy. During my training he made vulgar remarks right in front of 2 young new female employees. Women are frequently sexually harassed at this establishment. Often right in front of the security guards and other employees. Management does nothing to stop it. In conclusion Walmart is a very hostile work environment."

Cashier

"I've worked for 2 Walmart stores. The first store I worked for 3 years, then our store was closed, no longer there. Second one on Almaden Expressway. I was a cashier. People were great. Very serious hard working people."

in Inverness, FL

"You'll never have time to get anything done, nor will you have the tools or training to do it."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Concord, NH

"Over the past few years, little is left of Sam Walton's legacy except the name Walmart. His principles seem to have died with the current upper management."

in Tyler, TX

"Definitely worst job I have ever experienced. I went into this job expecting to work with Walmart for a long time, but I left never wanting to go into the store ever again."

in Henderson, NV
in Winder, GA

"Pros: The environment is extremely fast paced, which is good because it makes the day go faster. The pay is decent, somewhat livable. Cons: We barely get trained. We have people in our department that have been there for weeks and still don't really know anything other than breaking down equipment, cooking, and serving. It's not just my department, other departments have new hires thrown at them before they're properly trained. The newbies who haven't been properly trained are then left alone, sometimes for hours, to figure it out, because no one in the departments will help train. Closing the deli is a 3 person job. We are so understaffed that half the time we only have two people. If a second shift doesn't help break down either one of the fryers or the rotisserie cooker, we're there until 2 in the morning. Keep in mind, most our people don't know what to do because they weren't properly trained, so mostly new people are the ones closing. They have no clue what to do, they do their best to close properly, and are supposed to be overseen by a trained worker. Who half of the time doesn't know either, and just looks around for food spots. If it's not what the supervisor wants in the morning, she takes pictures of anything she has a problem with, and will pull you aside and tell you the issue. She doesn't show you how to fix it, doesn't give any tips, doesn't help train you. She just expects you to know what to do now that you've seen the pictures. We are EXTREMELY understaffed. We have nine associates, including supervisor, two are on vacation at the same time, one is transferring out, one can only work a couple of nights, one is brand new with little to no training on closing but is on almost every closing shift, one who can't work nights, two that can only work a couple days out of the week, and the supervisor mainly works early mornings. They need to hire people and train them properly."

Shelf Stocker
in Victorville, CA

"Pretty much every bad thing you've ever heard about working at Walmart is 100% true! My coworkers are hostile and the management and supervisors abuse their power. They have unrealistic expectations with insane workloads. Was forced to work through my 15 minute break to try and meet their expectations. Got first coaching because I couldn't reach the top shelves for zoning and was yelled at for wanting to get a step ladder. Supervisor feels the need to constantly watch me and call me out for even the smallest thing, such as asking her if someone can help me out with workloads. If you're wondering why so many employees don't even last a year, do the research and read employee reviews."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I worked for Walmart from 1999 to 2015. When I first started there I really loved my job. Then it seemed as time went on that the work load increased and the help I got decreased. Less people working meant more areas to cover. I retired in March 2015 because of osteoarthritis in my hips, knees, and back. I still miss working there and miss all the people I met there."