(based on 692 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 4 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in Des Moines, IA

"its okay. The people i work with are hard workers"

in Minersville, PA

"Horrible atmosphere, training is done by a computer, trainers do not interact with trainees, no checklists or operating instructions. My manager ran around and routinely had associates unloading trucks 15 minutes prior to end of shift causing overtime and clashes with oncomming shift. Coworkers were there for years, harass new employees, and are generally miserable. The company schedules hours to avoid overtime and does not pay holiday pay. The workplace is unclean and unsafe with associates driving with loads in the air and forks tilted up. My Manager would speak negatively about people coming in from other shifts to help out production. Managers are tech. savy but devoid of people skills. Cooperation between departments could have made for more efficienct work/time management. Parts for broken equiptment took weeks to arrive. The pay was reasonable and the days off were the only positive things about employment at this facility."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"Very good culture. Everyone i work with was very welcoming and helpful for the most part. Hard part for me was not being able to see the difference i was making."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Prairieville, LA

"Walmart is a great place to work. They believe in promoting within regardless if you finished college or not."

Database Administrator
in Tyler, TX

"I have worked with Walmart. Found it to be a great place for team and efficiency. Workers always get the job done on time to meet with consumer needs."

in Oklahoma City, OK

"Walmart is a great place to work at while someone is in college."

Employee
in Lexington, SC

"Walmart was a okay company"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Cashier
in Valrico, FL

"I worked at Walmart over the summer before starting at the University of South Florida. I left because the management wasn't organized and I got wrongfully fired because they would not work with my college schedule. However, I loved what I did at Walmart and hope that any future Walmart employees get a better shot."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Hermiston, OR

"It has long hours but the schedule is 3 or 4 days off. There is quite a bit of stress that goes with the job. That includes management positions. It was what I needed at the time. Now I feel I need to move on."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in El Paso, TX

"Great company to work for . They provide great support for all levels of Mgmt and associates. They are about the associates and best needs for customers in mind all the time"

in El Paso, TX

"Working at Walmart has been a career changer and also has made me a stronger person in a way of approaching clients."

Senior Manager
in San Bruno, CA

"Dynamic environment with opportunity to move up, as long as you focus on KPI's and not the overall measure of success. Growth via scale is the only goal."

in San Antonio, TX

"I've worked for Walmart for approximately 5 months. I believe it has opportunities for many people interested in a starting career. My expertise in business operations, technology, and project management might some day benefit the company. However, it is not being utilized in the capacity by which I am able to make a difference."

Production Associate
in Fallon, NV

"I have worked for Walmart since July of 2019. There are adequate trainings in place to learn your new job position. We strive on having the customer return to make additional purchases and give the customer the same great service."

in Mesa, AZ

"I've worked with Walmart since 2015, I found the company to reward its associates as well as its customers while changing with time and technology. I think it is a great company for anyone to start when they are still in college. Supervisors help out a lot by accompanying your needs inside as well as outside of work."