(based on 607 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 6 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I had been contracting for 3 years and besides my good performance there is little room for moving forward at walmart."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart can take great pride in its company culture."

in Arden, NC

"I have worked for Wal-Mart for nearly 5 years. I have enjoyed my time there for the most part. The environment can be stressful for sure, and sometimes in the Supercenters like the one in which I work, it can be very chaotic. As far as my experience there goes, those who work there do their best for their customers and their coworkers."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart is having good opportunity to excel in technical knowledge."

Receiving Associate
in Corona, CA

"Some aspects of the overall process were frustratingly inefficient at times. However, I enjoyed and quickly bonded with many of my co-workers, including many from other departments. The work environment was fast paced and fun. Rarely was I stuck doing the same thing longer than two hours which allowed me to enjoy and take pride in my work, rather than loathe it."

Pharmacy Technician
in Leland, NC

"I've worked for Walmart Pharmacy for 5 years. It was good at first. Everything was new. And you were helping people get their prescriptions. It was always busy and fast paced. But now with all the new regulations with the government healthcare changes, you don't know if you are coming or going. The attitude with Upper Management is either do the job or quit! Just in our district alone, 5 pharmacists either quit or got fired. 9 pharmacy technicians either got fired or quit too! And I recently left. Worked there for 5 years and nothing to show for it! Health & Wellness division is going to fall flat on their face, and it's going to be customers paying for it!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I have worked for WMLabs for more than 18 months now, and I have had a privilege to work with one of the smartest and brightest teams, who is trying to solve one of the toughest problems out there."

Asset Protection Specialist
in Sartell, MN

"I work to provide asset protection in merchandise and the safety of everything in the store. By stopping those who shoplift, I strive to keep prices down for the customer who shops at Walmart. The job has instant rewards and long term rewards, I get to see that first hand. The best part is aiding the police in getting criminals off the street, even though I don't carry a badge or gun, just using my smarts."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Assistant Manager
in New Iberia, LA

"The Company is not family oriented when it comes to salaried Management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Cashier
in Vancouver, WA

"I have worked there for 5 months. It is usually okay, but some of management are really rude and disrespectful."

Software Architect
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I am a cloud platform Software Engineer."

in Helena, MT

"I have worked for Walmart for about two months. It is a multi-billion dollar franchise that employs 1.4 million people across America. I enjoy the work but as I am, I cannot survive on the pay."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Garner, NC

"I'm going to be honest. This is a rotten place to work for. The army of management does not care about the employees. They don't care if their employees are abused by customers. They will tell you to just take the abuse, because "taking care of the customer" is far more important. They abuse at-will employment to fire you for no good reason. They claim to have an "open door policy" but they never listen to you, and are very disrespectful to you when you bring up concerns. They treat you as if you are stupid, especially if you don't have a lot of experience in retail. I hate to be this pessimistic, and I am surprised to see that this wretched hive of scum and villainy has such a high rating. Really? Well, good for you. Apparently, having a customer threaten your life is enough to get YOU fired! How about that!"

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart is a good company to work for if you are interested in large global companies. The people are good, but it all depends on the area you land in."

SQL Server DBA
in Bentonville, AR

"I have worked for Walmart for about 7 months. I found it very interesting working in Walmart."