(based on 523 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 6 months ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in Bentonville, AR

"I learned a lot at Walmart just starting out of college. It was a great place to get started, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a successful, family-oriented company with a passion for retail and shopper marketing."

in Bentonville, AR

"I worked for Walmart for a number of years right out of college. I learned a lot and grew a lot creatively and professionally. I would recommend the company for a steady and successful career working with good, quality people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart for a few years now and while it isn't the worst job I've ever had, it is not necessarily a career either. It's a shame because I actually don't dislike my job 100%. But there is only promotion among friends. You might work there ten years, slave away and go nowhere while some young buck will show up and sweet talk the right people and start telling you what to do with a straight face. It sucks!"

in Laurens, SC

"The ability to move up is there, but it is definitely some luck to say the least to be in the right place at the right time."

Walmart Employee

"I worked for Wal-mart for 3 years now and the job has been a little rocky here and there, but overall it's an ok company to work for. I just wish I made more money for what I do, which is the overnight stocking. I get along very well with others in the work place am a very helpful leader to some and hard and quick worker to some."

in Bentonville, AR

"I have loved working in Wal-Mart due to the size. All solutions, applications developed in Wal-Mart are large scaled. It provides the environment for you to excel in the application software development."

Walmart Employee

"It is a good company. With social guarantees for employees, in addition to salary adjustments every six months."

in Manassas, VA

"I really loved working for WalMart Stores Inc. My supervisors did notice the hard work that I put in and was able to move up in the company (twice). You have to be willing to put yourself out there to help in any department."

in Chandler, AZ

"I have worked at Walmart for several years. There have been several changes since I started there that were clearly in no way better for the employee. It may sound wrong to say this but the system is set up so you can fail, not succeed."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
TLE Technician
in Cleveland, TN

"It's very rough work for no money whatsoever. 2 years so far. Don't make what my pay grade level is because they will not put me fully at the title. Still scheduled 1 day as a regular sales associate so they don't have to pay me more. Just got told I will not be getting a raise and I don't understand why. $450 billion plus company and can never afford half the crap needed to do job properly. Mgmt gives more away for free than one could imagine. And that ain't a 4th of the bad."

Assistant Store Manager
in Plano, TX

"I worked at Walmart as an Assistant Manager for a year and a half. During my time there I had a terrible work life balance, and the culture was hard to adapt to as an external hire. There was very little feedback from my supervisor, and the feedback that I did receive was always negative. It became a struggle for me to go to work every day, not knowing what I was doing correct, as well as not having a defined career path with the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Realty Manager
in Bentonville, AR

"If you are from Arkansas and/or want to live in Arkansas, this is the place for you. If you have ever lived in a large city, you will be bored. We thought the management level associates would demand better schools, the arts, parks, quality of life, etc, but were sadly disappointed in the lack thereof. No one expects anything more than what is currently available, because that is all they know. However, the pay and benefits were excellent. Low crime, decent weather and beautiful scenery."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Unloader
in Gillette, WY

"Walmart is a good work place. Unloading is a decent job but it is going to be more of who you work with rather then the aesthetics seeing as you are in the back of the store 90% of the time."

Department Store Manager
in Hanford, CA

"I have been with this company for six years. I have learned a lot in retail and food compliance. I have also had the privilege and opportunity to advance within my own company. I also have had the chance to work with associates. My job was to hire and fire, to make schedules and to direct, motivate and discipline associates."

Department Manager
in Fruitland, MD

"I don't care too much for the company when it comes to the work and time given to do the work that is asked of one to do, and with the low pay given, which is very low compared to the amount of work asked of the employees. Employees can move up the ladder of success with ease if he or she wants to and push forward."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5