(based on 542 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 2 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in Pikeville, NC

"Honestly, I don't like bashing companies but I despise my current employer Walmart Inc. The only reason I'm still employed there is because I have bills to pay like everyone else. The pay rate is awful and the environment is just as bad. With no chances of moving up the ladder, why would someone devote their energy and time to a company that uses, abuses and takes advantage of their employees"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Programmer Analyst
in Bentonville, AR

"Wal-Mart has it flaws, but it is great place to be a part of, however it is very difficult to live in the town coming from a big city."

in Lynn, MA

"Working for Wal-Mart was one of the least pleasant positions I've ever held. They overwork their staff and under pay them. They also have many questionable practices to keep their employees under their thumb. The job is ok for a first job for teenagers and college students but other than that this is not recommended."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Department Manager
in Waynesboro, GA

"I've been working for Walmart since January 2006. I was just recently promoted late last year to a department manager of grocery, candy, cigarettes, seasonal, and beer/wine. I supervise five other associate to ensure that they are being held accountable for their duties as well as mine."

Change Management Business Analyst
in San Bruno, CA

"I've worked at Walmart,com, great dynamic environment with diverse culture."

in West Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked for Walmart for nearly 15 years. I have been an assistant manager for more than half of that time. I have seen unqualified people rise through the ranks of this company and drag it downhill. The clear lack of respect that they have for their loyal employees is disheartening. I would never recommend this company to anyone looking to have a career in management."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart since 2013. It's a good company to work for."

in Canton, GA

"I worked my way up through the ranks of Wal-Mart from unloading trucks to management. While difficult and arduous, the effort can pay off if an individual wishes to succeed. A very important factor is that each store varies considerably; one store may have a culture of politics, where the associates and managers must fight each other for positions, and other stores may be more professional and corporate. I was exposed to both (and then some) in the nine years I worked there."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Overnight Stocker
in Morrow, GA

"No training. Hectic fast paced environment as a stocker. Heavy lifting required for merchandise on pallet jacks."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Pineville, MO

"I worked in management for several years and really enjoyed the work. The salary was less than desirable."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Highland Village, TX

"I have worked for WM since 1997. I have enjoyed the various positions that I have had the opportunity to obtain."

Network Consultant
in Bentonville, AR

"Very good company to work for."

Department Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

"Wal-Mart isn't the people friendly work place it once was, but it is still very successful in retail."

in Bentonville, AR

"In 3 years I found the position to be stifling and un-creative. I was unable to meet the expectations of the managers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"With years under my belt with this company, and working for many different stores, I have come to learn that the people make the store. All I can say is that the stores out there that are run crookedly, no one hourly associate is going to change it. I packed up and transferred out of a store run like that, and in my new store I am seen as a rock star. I acknowledge those hell hole stores out there and feel they give a bad rep to Walmart, and Home Office should really do something about it."