(based on 531 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 3 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Pineville, MO

"I worked in management for several years and really enjoyed the work. The salary was less than desirable."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Highland Village, TX

"I have worked for WM since 1997. I have enjoyed the various positions that I have had the opportunity to obtain."

Network Consultant
in Bentonville, AR

"Very good company to work for."

Department Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

"Wal-Mart isn't the people friendly work place it once was, but it is still very successful in retail."

in Bentonville, AR

"In 3 years I found the position to be stifling and un-creative. I was unable to meet the expectations of the managers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"With years under my belt with this company, and working for many different stores, I have come to learn that the people make the store. All I can say is that the stores out there that are run crookedly, no one hourly associate is going to change it. I packed up and transferred out of a store run like that, and in my new store I am seen as a rock star. I acknowledge those hell hole stores out there and feel they give a bad rep to Walmart, and Home Office should really do something about it."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart is a good company to work for. Rapid growth and career growth are excellent opportunities within the company."

in Bentonville, AR

"Company has a lot of nepotism. Leadership is not prepared for the positions they have. They can't make a decision or be accountable for anything.If you have to work and can't find another job, start working there and look for other job right away.The worst company I have ever worked for."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"I learned a lot at Walmart just starting out of college. It was a great place to get started, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a successful, family-oriented company with a passion for retail and shopper marketing."

in Bentonville, AR

"I worked for Walmart for a number of years right out of college. I learned a lot and grew a lot creatively and professionally. I would recommend the company for a steady and successful career working with good, quality people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart for a few years now and while it isn't the worst job I've ever had, it is not necessarily a career either. It's a shame because I actually don't dislike my job 100%. But there is only promotion among friends. You might work there ten years, slave away and go nowhere while some young buck will show up and sweet talk the right people and start telling you what to do with a straight face. It sucks!"

in Laurens, SC

"The ability to move up is there, but it is definitely some luck to say the least to be in the right place at the right time."

Walmart Employee

"I worked for Wal-mart for 3 years now and the job has been a little rocky here and there, but overall it's an ok company to work for. I just wish I made more money for what I do, which is the overnight stocking. I get along very well with others in the work place am a very helpful leader to some and hard and quick worker to some."

in Bentonville, AR

"I have loved working in Wal-Mart due to the size. All solutions, applications developed in Wal-Mart are large scaled. It provides the environment for you to excel in the application software development."

Walmart Employee

"It is a good company. With social guarantees for employees, in addition to salary adjustments every six months."