(based on 522 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 2 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
in Bentonville, AR

"I worked for Walmart for a number of years right out of college. I learned a lot and grew a lot creatively and professionally. I would recommend the company for a steady and successful career working with good, quality people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart for a few years now and while it isn't the worst job I've ever had, it is not necessarily a career either. It's a shame because I actually don't dislike my job 100%. But there is only promotion among friends. You might work there ten years, slave away and go nowhere while some young buck will show up and sweet talk the right people and start telling you what to do with a straight face. It sucks!"

in Laurens, SC

"The ability to move up is there, but it is definitely some luck to say the least to be in the right place at the right time."

Walmart Employee

"I worked for Wal-mart for 3 years now and the job has been a little rocky here and there, but overall it's an ok company to work for. I just wish I made more money for what I do, which is the overnight stocking. I get along very well with others in the work place am a very helpful leader to some and hard and quick worker to some."

in Bentonville, AR

"I have loved working in Wal-Mart due to the size. All solutions, applications developed in Wal-Mart are large scaled. It provides the environment for you to excel in the application software development."

Walmart Employee

"It is a good company. With social guarantees for employees, in addition to salary adjustments every six months."

in Manassas, VA

"I really loved working for WalMart Stores Inc. My supervisors did notice the hard work that I put in and was able to move up in the company (twice). You have to be willing to put yourself out there to help in any department."

in Chandler, AZ

"I have worked at Walmart for several years. There have been several changes since I started there that were clearly in no way better for the employee. It may sound wrong to say this but the system is set up so you can fail, not succeed."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
TLE Technician
in Cleveland, TN

"It's very rough work for no money whatsoever. 2 years so far. Don't make what my pay grade level is because they will not put me fully at the title. Still scheduled 1 day as a regular sales associate so they don't have to pay me more. Just got told I will not be getting a raise and I don't understand why. $450 billion plus company and can never afford half the crap needed to do job properly. Mgmt gives more away for free than one could imagine. And that ain't a 4th of the bad."

Assistant Store Manager
in Plano, TX

"I worked at Walmart as an Assistant Manager for a year and a half. During my time there I had a terrible work life balance, and the culture was hard to adapt to as an external hire. There was very little feedback from my supervisor, and the feedback that I did receive was always negative. It became a struggle for me to go to work every day, not knowing what I was doing correct, as well as not having a defined career path with the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Realty Manager
in Bentonville, AR

"If you are from Arkansas and/or want to live in Arkansas, this is the place for you. If you have ever lived in a large city, you will be bored. We thought the management level associates would demand better schools, the arts, parks, quality of life, etc, but were sadly disappointed in the lack thereof. No one expects anything more than what is currently available, because that is all they know. However, the pay and benefits were excellent. Low crime, decent weather and beautiful scenery."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Unloader
in Gillette, WY

"Walmart is a good work place. Unloading is a decent job but it is going to be more of who you work with rather then the aesthetics seeing as you are in the back of the store 90% of the time."

Department Store Manager
in Hanford, CA

"I have been with this company for six years. I have learned a lot in retail and food compliance. I have also had the privilege and opportunity to advance within my own company. I also have had the chance to work with associates. My job was to hire and fire, to make schedules and to direct, motivate and discipline associates."

Department Manager
in Fruitland, MD

"I don't care too much for the company when it comes to the work and time given to do the work that is asked of one to do, and with the low pay given, which is very low compared to the amount of work asked of the employees. Employees can move up the ladder of success with ease if he or she wants to and push forward."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Senior Programmer Analyst
in Bentonville, AR

"I've worked at Walmart since 2007, and while there's great people as well as plenty of room for advancement, Walmart is a retail company and the focus hasn't grown enough as it relates to IT. North West Arkansas is super safe and the schools top notch, but I need a change. In short Walmart has been good to me, but North West Arkansas... not so much."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5