(based on 537 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 2 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in West Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked for Walmart for nearly 15 years. I have been an assistant manager for more than half of that time. I have seen unqualified people rise through the ranks of this company and drag it downhill. The clear lack of respect that they have for their loyal employees is disheartening. I would never recommend this company to anyone looking to have a career in management."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart since 2013. It's a good company to work for."

in Canton, GA

"I worked my way up through the ranks of Wal-Mart from unloading trucks to management. While difficult and arduous, the effort can pay off if an individual wishes to succeed. A very important factor is that each store varies considerably; one store may have a culture of politics, where the associates and managers must fight each other for positions, and other stores may be more professional and corporate. I was exposed to both (and then some) in the nine years I worked there."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Overnight Stocker
in Morrow, GA

"No training. Hectic fast paced environment as a stocker. Heavy lifting required for merchandise on pallet jacks."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Pineville, MO

"I worked in management for several years and really enjoyed the work. The salary was less than desirable."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Highland Village, TX

"I have worked for WM since 1997. I have enjoyed the various positions that I have had the opportunity to obtain."

Network Consultant
in Bentonville, AR

"Very good company to work for."

Department Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

"Wal-Mart isn't the people friendly work place it once was, but it is still very successful in retail."

in Bentonville, AR

"In 3 years I found the position to be stifling and un-creative. I was unable to meet the expectations of the managers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"With years under my belt with this company, and working for many different stores, I have come to learn that the people make the store. All I can say is that the stores out there that are run crookedly, no one hourly associate is going to change it. I packed up and transferred out of a store run like that, and in my new store I am seen as a rock star. I acknowledge those hell hole stores out there and feel they give a bad rep to Walmart, and Home Office should really do something about it."

in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart is a good company to work for. Rapid growth and career growth are excellent opportunities within the company."

in Bentonville, AR

"Company has a lot of nepotism. Leadership is not prepared for the positions they have. They can't make a decision or be accountable for anything.If you have to work and can't find another job, start working there and look for other job right away.The worst company I have ever worked for."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"I learned a lot at Walmart just starting out of college. It was a great place to get started, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a successful, family-oriented company with a passion for retail and shopper marketing."

in Bentonville, AR

"I worked for Walmart for a number of years right out of college. I learned a lot and grew a lot creatively and professionally. I would recommend the company for a steady and successful career working with good, quality people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Walmart Employee

"I've worked for Wal-Mart for a few years now and while it isn't the worst job I've ever had, it is not necessarily a career either. It's a shame because I actually don't dislike my job 100%. But there is only promotion among friends. You might work there ten years, slave away and go nowhere while some young buck will show up and sweet talk the right people and start telling you what to do with a straight face. It sucks!"