(based on 766 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 7 years ago in Cheyenne, WY
Technical Product Manager
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Great company, great culture, company in great growth"

in Lakewood, WA

"I think the company is not the greatest."

Walmart Employee

"I’ve worked with Walmart since 2013, always consistently promoting myself and willing to learn new ideas and job related training would recommend to anyone"

in Mukwonago, WI

"Worked here since I could first get a job and I stated out as a cartpusher. After 2 years I was able to move inside to Electronics. Over time I learned more and more positions and now feel like you have to try and complete too much and not able to do everything that seems to be on your list of things to do."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"I've worked for Walmart Labs for almost a year as a Sr Quality Manager. I lead a small QE and performance team to manage quality releases for our search backend products. There are definitely quality processes that I have helped improve such as mandate for performance testing prior to each release to ensure minimal risk and smooth feature releases to production."

Partner Specialist
in Draper, UT

"I was originally hired under Jet.com in October 2016. That same year Jet.com was acquired by Walmart and they became sister companies. Before moving to Walmart I spent 2 years as a member services representative under Jet.com. The culture and work environment Jet provided was amazing. Everyone was super kind and diverse that it was never a dull day. Also sharing the same beliefs of trust, transparency and fairness was a bonus. The only issue I found with Jet was that it was very easy to become stagnant. After moving into a specialty department it was really hard to seek career growth and opportunities with the company. After becoming stagnant with Jet, Walmart opened opportunities within the building to provide more career growth with their sister company. I took on this chance on in April 2018. I always sought out ways I could grow with the company and Walmart taught some very valuable skillsets that I would never forget. Walmart.com/Ecommerce was a great company to work for however had flaws in management. I also found that though there were many opportunities to develop and grow skills there were very few options available to move forward in your career there. Overall both companies were great to work and each had their own flaws to work on."

Academy Manager
in Midlothian, TX

"I have worked for Walmart since 2002! Walmart is based on a foundation of respect, integrity, and exceptional service to customers. Walmart provides an excellent working environment with fantastic benefits and endless possibilities of personal talent development for career growth! Great place for your future!"

in Stanton, CA

"I've worked with Walmart since 2017 and it was one of the best experiences in my life. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and supervisors and seeing the customers making them happy."

Human Resource Manager
in Federal Way, WA

"This is a bad company to work for. They work you into the ground, with 20 hour days. The benefits are horrible. Management does not care and/or help associates."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Store Manager
in Corona, CA

"The company is a continuous evolving door sleuth growth and innovation. When you find the right position the company is amazing and the growth potential is untapped"

in El Paso, TX

"I worked for Walmart as a pharmacy technician from 2013 to 2018. In that time there was a large focus on customer service. Being a student, my immediate supervisors were flexible with my schedule."

in Orlando, FL

"I have only worked for the company since November 2019. So far there seems to be room for improvement in terms of employee engagement and autonomy."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Processor
in Shelby, NC

"I’ve worked at Walmart DC for a month and from what I can tell, it’s hard to hit your goal Of 330 an hour because you never know if you're going to get good or bad freight and the expect you to hit goal even with problem freight and if you can’t you’ll get torn up for it."

in Marble Falls, TX

"I am the first generation of the Walmart HR representative. Creating an all-encompassing HR, business partner, and recruiter. Being first in this role as of August 2019 has been very eye-opening to the possibilities of learning that will take place."

in Holbrook, NY

"It was a good place to work at first but the many changes over the last few years were not for the best from the associate's perspective. When it was announced that our store was closing, we got very little help from our market office in assisting associates with transfers. Associates had to seek other positions on their own. Same for those that opted to leave. Information was not provided as promised and was only sent out after several former associates called our home office asking about their severance packages. The associates at our store were the best and like a family. We did not deserve to be treated in such an uncaring way."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5