(based on 580 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I love my job. I've worked at McDonald's, the Buckle, Pizza Hut, and Walmart in that consecutive order. Walmart has by far been my favorite job. I started as a cashier the first few years and then became a customer service manager. It can be stressful at times, but overall I really enjoy it. I like working with so many different people and customers. It's a lot of fun. The pay could be better, but recently Walmart has stepped up its game and increased its wages, which is a definite plus. If you're interested in Walmart, I definitely recommend it. I've had a good time with Walmart. It's a home away from home."
Posted 4 years ago in Hot Springs National Park, AR
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Had an amazing experience at Walmart Labs. It exposed me to many new technologies and I will cherish this experience throughout my life."

in Clarksburg, WV

"Wages are low for the required work to be done. What is listed as the "average" that Walmart workers make, is NOT anywhere close to what I make as a Department manager. I make less than 9.00 an hour, and with a promotion to the department manager didn't receive a pay raise for the promotion, as it was seen as a lateral move from a current position held before the Dept. Mgr promotion. I have never seen a company not give a little bit of something for a promotion, but this one did not, happy for promotion to new job title, but disappointed in the wage. Added responsibility but not a raise to coincide with the added work!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Waterloo, IA

"I worked for Walmart just under a year and found that the people that work there are an awesome bunch of people. The management that I had was easy to deal with and listened to most of the concerns of their employees."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Tooele, UT

"Work hard and you'll be fine, never missed a pay check, lots of growth opportunities."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Windsor, CA

"include; stock merchandise on the sales floor before store opens, down stock risers of merchandise, zone department area, tack inventory with telxon system, stock merchandise from B bins from the receiving department, be sure sales floor is clear ofall pallets and trash before store opens."

Stocker
in Birmingham, AL

"I've worked for Wal-Mart since 2010. I have almost worked for Wal-Mart 4.5 years. I find it to be a great company with lots of bonuses, 401k, and stock which is also available as well. Wal-Mart is also known globally and nationally where the customer is always right. I have great customer service skills where the customer is always right."

in Bentonville, AR

"Great company to work for, I have learned a lot, you can easily find yourself doing more than just developing, you are meeting with customers, developing relationships with them."

in Hillsborough, NC

"I have worked for Walmart for 10 yrs, it is a good place to work when everybody works as a team, but most of all liked the associates and the customers because they make Walmart a successful company."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Rudolph, OH

"Worked 10 years as a decorator, so far. Love the job but not the pay for the amount of work expected and responsibility. I wish the annual reviews were more fair for the people who actually work hard compared to the people who do little to nothing."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Mesa, AZ

"I would not recommend this company to anyone seeking employment."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"It's a good and fast-paced company."

in Arcadia, FL

"We have over 600 associates and there is a good family feeling among them. There is a lot of opportunity on a daily basis to keep you on your toes and exciting. Very fast pace work environment."

Automation Engineer
in San Bruno, CA

"Nice place to work! Good environment to get new work and skills."

in Pembroke Pines, FL

"Horrible place to work. Upper Management is very unprofessional. Upper management sleeping with associates, ask you to fire someone without cause. Worst mistake I've made was choosing to work for this company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"The Walmart culture is extremely family based, which can be difficult if you're young and single, but if you are married or have a partner and you're looking to build a family, then Walmart Home Office would be a great place to work. I have a great relationship with my boss, and it isn't difficult to move around within the company, there are many opportunities to grow."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5