Northrop Grumman Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Northrop Grumman Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Northrop Grumman give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Northrop Grumman employees are Financial Analysts submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Industrial Engineers also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 763 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings)

"I've worked for NGC for 3 years, 2 as an intern and 1 as an employee. The company supports its employees and pays for school as well as having deals with schools, so you can get your masters on campus with classes on the off Fridays. The 9/80 work week is great and they shut down from Christmas to New Year's every year by using all the floating holidays then."
Posted 5 years ago in Melbourne, FL
Security Systems Manager

"I’ve worked for this company for over a year now and this company has provided me with the knowledge to grow and learn."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"I have worked at NG for 2.5 years and have had a great experience. The opportunities are endless and I am constantly challenged to learn new things and apply them to complex problems."

Northrop Grumman (1142)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AgustaWestland (11)
Systems Test Engineer

"This site of Northrop Grumman is a great environment for budding software developers and engineers. While I have not found the mechanical success I desired, this is a great opportunity to sharpen software skills in a fast-paced and diverse community."

Structural Analyst

"The community here at Northrop Grumman is a dog-eat-dog one. If starting out fresh with no prior knowledge it is hard to find a mentor or someone to teach you the ropes. It is a lot of self-teaching and bumping your head but if you don't mind cracking some eggs to make an omelet you will fit in just fine"

Senior Manufacturing Engineer

"I worked at Astro for 2+ years as a contract engineer. I loved working on 5 programs dealing with deployable satellite reflector antennas. All of my coworkers were exceptional people along with my immediate boss. A decision was made by management to release the 12 contract engineers working at Astro after 2 + years due to budgetary restraints. All 12 of us would work there again if asked."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"NGC is a great company to work for. It has thousands of jobs around the world a great bunch of people to work with. They also have very completive compensation packages."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"Great company to work for."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"Northrop Grumman really cares about their employees. The managers are very personable and caring."

in Roy, UT

"I have worked for Northrop for 4 years. They are a good company with good work life balance. However, due to the nature of the business, they often use old tech."

Principal Software Engineer

"I have worked with Northrop Grumman for 3 years. In my 3 years I have observed the growth of the company from the start of a major development to now being midway through the product lifecycle. The company has constantly adapted and improved their processes. While maintaining a strong relationship with the customer."

Mechanical Engineering Contractor

"Awesome company and willing to pay to each employee's strength."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"I've worked for NorthropGrumman for almost a year and I have gained more knowledge and skills there in that short period then I have in my career. The workplace Atmosphere is awesome and vary team oriented."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"I worked at Northrop Grumman as an analyst this past summer (2020) and it provided a lot of insight behind financial planning, pricing, evaluations, and budgeting. Although remote, the work environment was very opening and accommodating. The pay is also competitive."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"I've been employed with NGC for 7+ years and am grateful for the opportunity that was given to me. I had no experience in the aerospace/manufacturing industry, but NGC gave me a chance and I've been able to thrive while developing many critical career skills."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"I've only worked at Northrop Grumman for two years as a contractor. They provided all the tools and resources necessary to complete the job and were able to provide a comfortable salary to live off of. I will be honest, in my opinion, that I feel that I was not given a fair opportunity to become a full-time hire. Some supervisors expect perfection from day one and if you make a mistake early on, they look down upon you and share a negative opinion about you with other managers. I did make a few mistakes early on, but granted, there was a big learning curve with Northrop Grumman's in-house tools and design releasing process. Even though I improved and became very proficient at my job at Northrop Grumman, when it came time to ask for full-time status at the semi-annual review meetings, they always brought up my early mistakes. Even with the help from other engineers, project managers and tech employees even vouched for me claiming that I had improved vastly and was doing great, but that wasn't enough. Though, I got along well with everyone and respected all managers, the managers themselves played favorites and gave preference of full-time status to newer, inexperienced contractors over the seasoned contractors. Northrop Grumman is a great workplace and has a lot of reliable work, but make sure you're given a fair shake and assigned manager is willing to work with you."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Northrop Grumman Reviews FAQs

Is Northrop Grumman a good company to work for?

Northrop Grumman has an overall rating of 3.8 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 763 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings left anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees, which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 93% of employees would recommend working at Northrop Grumman.

Does Northrop Grumman pay their employees well?

Northrop Grumman employees earn $75,000 annually on average, or $36 per hour, which is 14% higher than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 200 Northrop Grumman employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Northrop Grumman Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Northrop Grumman?

93% of employees would recommend working at Northrop Grumman with the overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. Employees also rated Northrop Grumman 3.7 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.7 for Rewards You Receive, 3.4 for Growth Opportunities and 3.8 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Northrop Grumman?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Northrop Grumman is a Software Engineering Intern at $62,630,000 annually. Browse Northrop Grumman Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Northrop Grumman?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Northrop Grumman is a ColdFusion Web Developer at $12,000 annually. Browse Northrop Grumman Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Northrop Grumman?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Northrop Grumman to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Northrop Grumman Employee Job Reviews by Location