1,128 Northrop Grumman Reviews

Browse Northrop Grumman Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 749 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings)
"I've worked for NGC for 3 years, 2 as an intern and 1 as an employee. The company supports its employees and pays for school as well as having deals with schools, so you can get your masters on campus with classes on the off Fridays. The 9/80 work week is great and they shut down from Christmas to New Year's every year by using all the floating holidays then."
Posted 3 years ago in Melbourne, FL
in Chandler, AZ

"I've only worked at Northrop Grumman for two years as a contractor. They provided all the tools and resources necessary to complete the job and were able to provide a comfortable salary to live off of. I will be honest, in my opinion, that I feel that I was not given a fair opportunity to become a full-time hire. Some supervisors expect perfection from day one and if you make a mistake early on, they look down upon you and share a negative opinion about you with other managers. I did make a few mistakes early on, but granted, there was a big learning curve with Northrop Grumman's in-house tools and design releasing process. Even though I improved and became very proficient at my job at Northrop Grumman, when it came time to ask for full-time status at the semi-annual review meetings, they always brought up my early mistakes. Even with the help from other engineers, project managers and tech employees even vouched for me claiming that I had improved vastly and was doing great, but that wasn't enough. Though, I got along well with everyone and respected all managers, the managers themselves played favorites and gave preference of full-time status to newer, inexperienced contractors over the seasoned contractors. Northrop Grumman is a great workplace and has a lot of reliable work, but make sure you're given a fair shake and assigned manager is willing to work with you."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to work yet I need a change."

Northrop Grumman (1128)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AgustaWestland (11)
in Northridge, CA

"I've worked here for over 5 years now, and after the acquisition by Northrop, the work environment has changed a lot. It's a lot bigger now, and far more rigid in corporate structure, something I wanted to avoid when I accepted the position back when it was smaller, under the Orbital ATK banner."

Principle Test Engineer
in Redondo Beach, CA

"Great company to work for! Lots of smart individuals and mostly they're very nice, professionally to work with!"

Average Northrop Grumman Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Project Manager
in Palmdale, CA

"Great company. Worlds leading defense contractor. Rather large to get things done timely"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Sierra Vista, AZ

"I worked for Northrop Grumman since 2015 and deployed to Afghanistan from 2016 to 2020. On a daily bases, the people I worked with at the ground level were amazing, with everyone jumping on any task to ensure the mission went forward. If I had a complaint, it would be management was VERY slow to address employee concerns, and wasn't always truthful with the people executing the mission."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Rolling Meadows, IL

"Overall a good company with great benefits. Job security is very good and opportunities to work across multiple job functions is a plus."

Software Developer
in Bellevue, NE

"Working for Northrop Grumman was a great experience. My co-workers were friendly and always came to work with their A-game. My supervisor was always nice, informative, and knowledgeable. She was fantastic at making sure we got everything we needed to do our job in the most efficient way possible. The only downside I had was our tools. They were constantly crashing and would halt progress for our team for hours."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Rolling Meadows, IL

"Since joining Northrop Grumman in 2018 I have been able to grow my skills in analysis to make data driven decisions. With constant support and flexible work schedule I was able to pursue my Masters in Analytics while also serving as the lead analyst for my team. An exciting product line and diverse work opportunities make Northrop a great place to grow professionally."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Rolling Meadows, IL

"Overall a mostly average experience."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Operational Analyst
in Torrance, CA

"It's good work and interesting technology. Lots of bureaucracy"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Iuka, MS

"I've worked here for 3 years. There is nothing really special besides not holding up work/life balance"

in Redondo Beach, CA

"I've worked for Northrop Grumman for almost 3 years. There is a lot of growth within the company, and the working environment is great. There are lots of different programs and roles within the company. The company largely does aerospace and defense work."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Boulder, CO

"Great office location, poor leadership. Be prepared to wait a long time for advancement opportunities. Co-workers and their talent level is impressive, office politics suppresses a lot of that enthusiasm. No vision for the future, very much stuck in past ways of doing things."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Chandler, AZ

"Big company and very long process to get everything through the system to get things done. Other than that it's a great working environment. Senior engineers are very helpful and willing to pass down their own experience and knowledge. Also, great products to be working on and many great challenges to help career development."