1,137 Northrop Grumman Reviews

Browse Northrop Grumman Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Northrop Grumman give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Northrop Grumman employees are Financial Analysts submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Industrial Engineers also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 758 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings)

"Northrop Grumman is a great company. I felt welcomed there as an intern and was able to do my work with out somebody watching over me constantly. The environment was spectacular and very conducive to getting things done. The people on my team were very friendly and helpful when I had questions or needed anything."
Posted 7 years ago in McLean, VA
in Huntsville, AL

"NGC is a great company to work for. It has thousands of jobs around the world a great bunch of people to work with. They also have very completive compensation packages."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"Great company to work for."

Northrop Grumman (1137)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AgustaWestland (11)
in El Segundo, CA

"Northrop Grumman really cares about their employees. The managers are very personable and caring."

in Roy, UT

"I have worked for Northrop for 4 years. They are a good company with good work life balance. However, due to the nature of the business, they often use old tech."

Principal Software Engineer
in Melbourne, FL

"I have worked with Northrop Grumman for 3 years. In my 3 years I have observed the growth of the company from the start of a major development to now being midway through the product lifecycle. The company has constantly adapted and improved their processes. While maintaining a strong relationship with the customer."

Mechanical Engineering Contractor
in Baltimore, MD

"Awesome company and willing to pay to each employee's strength."

in Lake Charles, LA

"I've worked for NorthropGrumman for almost a year and I have gained more knowledge and skills there in that short period then I have in my career. The workplace Atmosphere is awesome and vary team oriented."

in Redondo Beach, CA

"I worked at Northrop Grumman as an analyst this past summer (2020) and it provided a lot of insight behind financial planning, pricing, evaluations, and budgeting. Although remote, the work environment was very opening and accommodating. The pay is also competitive."

in El Segundo, CA

"I've been employed with NGC for 7+ years and am grateful for the opportunity that was given to me. I had no experience in the aerospace/manufacturing industry, but NGC gave me a chance and I've been able to thrive while developing many critical career skills."

in Chandler, AZ

"I've only worked at Northrop Grumman for two years as a contractor. They provided all the tools and resources necessary to complete the job and were able to provide a comfortable salary to live off of. I will be honest, in my opinion, that I feel that I was not given a fair opportunity to become a full-time hire. Some supervisors expect perfection from day one and if you make a mistake early on, they look down upon you and share a negative opinion about you with other managers. I did make a few mistakes early on, but granted, there was a big learning curve with Northrop Grumman's in-house tools and design releasing process. Even though I improved and became very proficient at my job at Northrop Grumman, when it came time to ask for full-time status at the semi-annual review meetings, they always brought up my early mistakes. Even with the help from other engineers, project managers and tech employees even vouched for me claiming that I had improved vastly and was doing great, but that wasn't enough. Though, I got along well with everyone and respected all managers, the managers themselves played favorites and gave preference of full-time status to newer, inexperienced contractors over the seasoned contractors. Northrop Grumman is a great workplace and has a lot of reliable work, but make sure you're given a fair shake and assigned manager is willing to work with you."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to work yet I need a change."

in Northridge, CA

"I've worked here for over 5 years now, and after the acquisition by Northrop, the work environment has changed a lot. It's a lot bigger now, and far more rigid in corporate structure, something I wanted to avoid when I accepted the position back when it was smaller, under the Orbital ATK banner."

Principle Test Engineer
in Redondo Beach, CA

"Great company to work for! Lots of smart individuals and mostly they're very nice, professionally to work with!"

Project Manager
in Palmdale, CA

"Great company. Worlds leading defense contractor. Rather large to get things done timely"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Sierra Vista, AZ

"I worked for Northrop Grumman since 2015 and deployed to Afghanistan from 2016 to 2020. On a daily bases, the people I worked with at the ground level were amazing, with everyone jumping on any task to ensure the mission went forward. If I had a complaint, it would be management was VERY slow to address employee concerns, and wasn't always truthful with the people executing the mission."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5