1,117 Northrop Grumman Reviews

Browse Northrop Grumman Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 738 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings)
"I've worked for NGC for 3 years, 2 as an intern and 1 as an employee. The company supports its employees and pays for school as well as having deals with schools, so you can get your masters on campus with classes on the off Fridays. The 9/80 work week is great and they shut down from Christmas to New Year's every year by using all the floating holidays then."
Posted 3 years ago in Melbourne, FL
in Huntsville, AL

"Decent place to work, good place to get a start."

Network Design Engineer
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Northrop Grumman is a great company. I've had a nice experience thus far. I've been able to advance my career and take advantage of many of the employee benefits that it offers. Regarding networking, the company offers a decent environment in which to sharpen and expound an engineer's skill set."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"I would rather not work for this company. Management does not recognize my talents and do not support employee welfare or relationship very well. On several occasions, I have been offended and even embarrassed in front of my peers and other managers. I do not recommend working for this company at present location."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in San Bernardino, CA

"I have worked in Northrop Grumman for 6 months and find that it is an amazing place to work in. People are very helpful and are always ready to help. All the tasks I have been given are important considering I am an intern."

in Rolling Meadows, IL

"Good company to work for."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Azusa, CA

"I have been with Northrop Grumman since 2007. Started as an COOP (interning and going to school at the same time), got hired in 2008 as a full time software engineer. Highly recommend this workplace to anyone looking to advance their career in the aerospace industry."

in Chantilly, VA

"I enjoy working for NG. I have been there for 6 years. They have good benefits and seem to care about the welfare of their employees. As with all govt contractors it is a difficult business to be in when your contract could end and leave you jobless. I wish NG would take a bigger role in attempting to keep their employees. I think they also have limited compensation growth; encouraging employees to switch contracts or companies to get pay raises instead of offering pay raises based on skill set or performance reviews."

Embedded Software Engineer
in El Segundo, CA

"I've been working for Northrop Grumman since 2009. It was my first job right out of college, so my salary starting out felt pretty awesome for having little work experience. But, over time the CEO started taking vacation days away, then merit pools were lowered to 2% a year, and the incentive program now makes it impossible to get any kind of bonus or promotion. The facilities have mice and roaches. Whenever I talk to a senior engineer they say the company isn't like it used to be."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Manager
in Lebanon, VA

"I've worked for NG almost 13 years and their vision has changed from being in the global market with several different offering to only focusing on federal offerings of cyber security. While this is the outlook of the newest CEO, this is in direct contrast to the CEO that I was hired under. They are now focused on revenue more than the personnel in their employ and I'm no longer in agreement with the direction the company is headed in."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Technical Writer
in Huntsville, AL

"I worked for Northrop Grumman and was told they wanted to hire me to retire with their company. But little did they know that our Government was going to spend less money on Military products. So with the lack of money they were forced to lay me off."

Software Quality Engineer
in Palmdale, CA
Executive Secretary
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Northrop Grumman Corporation is a government contract plant that manufactures Ship Building and Missile Design for the United States Department of the Navy. Their staffs consist of formal and educated employees."

Northrop Grumman Employee

"Great job, great group and program is fantastic. Lots of opportunity to work with experienced professionals. Job values your free time and tons of flexibility."

in Redondo Beach, CA

"Good company to work for, good benefit, 401K, good medical plan, flexible hours."

in Fairfax, VA

"I've worked at NG for over 8 years. It is a large organization and the two projects that I've worked on have been a good experience. Like any large government contractor, the contracts are islands with little opportunity for collaboration or growth. Salary levels as well as technology growth all depend on the size/budget of the contract. All in all, a good place to work."