1,116 Northrop Grumman Reviews

Browse Northrop Grumman Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 737 Northrop Grumman Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Northrop Grumman Corporation for 10 years and it proved the most valuable experience in my entire career. For 10 years I have worked at different sites, learned new (classified) technologies, worked with resourceful and committed leaders, and found Northrop Grumman to be my most rewarding work experience and one of the best companies for which to work."
Posted 6 years ago in Monterey, CA
in Corsicana, TX

"Everyone here has a great attitude. The employees are really smart, and I learned a lot from them. The team leads were easy-going and easy to get along with. Everyone seemed to have an open mind, worked hard, and had a lot of fun doing it. I really enjoyed working here. If I could, I would work here in the future!! :)"

in Rolling Meadows, IL

"Benefits were good but the compensation was rather poor. Many of the managers favored motivating employees in negative ways."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Northrop Grumman Employee

"Very little investment in my career advancement and utilizing my full range of skills. I take initiative and feel I exceed expectations but see very little recognition or opportunity for advancement."

in Azusa, CA

"Working at the Azusa location of Northrop Grumman was an OK job. There was nothing special to brag about. There was work that needed to be done, and I did it. It was mostly doing bug fixes. New development was almost non-existent."

in Corsicana, TX

"Overall, this is a good company. It was sometimes hard to get the tools, resources, and/or technology to do my job efficiently because of the red tape involved. I really enjoyed working here and had good relationships with my boss and coworkers."

in Redondo Beach, CA

"It was a great company to work for. I just wish I had got to work there longer but bad luck hit and I was laid off."

IT Systems Engineer Manager
in Falls Church, VA

"I have worked for Northrop Grumman since September 2004, I have been in my current position for 7 years with no upward mobility."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"I've worked for NG both as a contractor and as an employee for a 1 1/2 years now. Fortunately I have worked many web based projects. I enjoyed my time working on such project however, their is very limited potential here for to focus on front end items (which I truly enjoy). Furthermore, Some of the project management decisions I have experienced are problematic in that we sometimes push code with known defects or sub-par. Something which I refuse to do."

in Silverdale, WA

"Everybody at my site is a software geek, although the government contract states Hardware Engineer. While interviewing me they were aware I didn't know the eight plus programming lanuages required for job performance. I pointed out how hardware is down because they couldn't fix it with a key stroke and I'm the person that can get it running. I got hired on the spot and to this day the corporate office has exempted me from the sofware qualifications as I have performed all the hardware repairs."

Senior Digital Design Engineer
in Baltimore, MD

"I've been with Northrop Grumman since 2009. At the time, I gave up an offer from Cisco System that was 20k per year higher than what Northrop had offered me. However, Northrop was the only company that promised me to let me do what I do best, which was dsp related digital design work, and they did. However, the business environment changed through the years, and I felt it is harder and harder to get my job done the right way with fewer and less quality resources provided to the engineers."

Project Manager
in McLean, VA

"Northrop Grumman deals mostly with Federal and Department of Defense contracts. Your employment lasts to the the end of the contract. When the contracts ends, if you are unable join a different contract with 2 weeks, you are laid off. Just a fact of life in the contracting world. Other than that, Northrop is pretty much like and other large corporation. However, the pluses outweigh the negatives. I would recommend Northrop as an employer."

in Huntsville, AL

"I have only worked in one program of the company and I am not sure that all parts of NGC run the same way. I have been there 4 years and have gotten about 3% in all raises."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Annapolis, MD

"The company is too rigid, very difficult to move up in the career unless you have security clearance. I hardly got to see my manager at times, because he would always have meetings. Sometimes, I would see manager only once a week!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in El Segundo, CA

"It's a good place to work. Unfortunately the reason I may leave is because the project is moving to another state."

in El Segundo, CA

"Worked for NG 6 months. The manager gave me documents and code to review. The documents had already been reviewed by other team members. The code was given to you in units that were out of order with no compilers and you were supposed to review the code and find errors that the programmers somehow missed. Came in on Monday, and was told that 4 of us were being laid off on Thursday (Friday was Valentines Day holiday). Manager said they would do everything position to help, did not lift a finger."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5