1,521 United States Air Force Reviews

Browse United States Air Force Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 990 United States Air Force Review Ratings)
"I've worked for the US Air Force for 22+ years. Salary + benefits is substantial, but only because of my experience and rank now. Starting out in the Air Force was a struggle financially; but I've been afforded opportunities for advancement, and have succeeded due to strong support from the Air Force educational benefits and commissioning opportunities."
Posted 7 years ago in Tampa, FL
Senior Strategic Advisor
in San Antonio, TX

"I have had the luxury of serving our great country and the Airmen in the United States Air Force for 27 years. The Air Force has allowed me to achieve every professional and personal goals I set-forth in my life. In addition, by entering the Air Force I have visited, experienced and learned from many different cultures and peoples around the world. Finally, I would HIGHLY recommend every 17-39 year old meet with an Air Force recruiter to learn how great it is to serve in the World's Most Dominant Air Force."

in Hill AFB, UT

"I started at Hill as a PAQ intern out of college. Having my master's paid for and a career all in one sounded like the dream. I was disappointed to discover my position as an engineer was something I could have done out of high school. Such as being the "PowerPoint next button pusher" for a year, and taking irrelevant trainings for hours. After being "broken in" I am still not doing any fulfilling Engineering work. Mostly locating replacement parts, being sent on wild goose chases between departments, and fighting red tape. It took over a year of asking "what are my job responsibilities" before someone was able to give me an answer."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for the USAF since 1997. It is an organization that gives you the ability to lead, organize and grow while being a part of something that gives back to the country."

in Cheyenne, WY

"Worked military education and training services for 20-plus years in a variety of positions and locations. Military post-secondary educations programs allow personnel to achieve goals that provide opportunities for advancement and use when they leave the military."

Average United States Air Force Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Cognizant Engineer
in Dayton, OH

"Excellent, and great organization to grow"

Satellite Operator
in Colorado Springs, CO

"The Air Force has its ups and downs, I always wanted to work in a company that was more mission support focused and hold more of a job as opposed to a lifestyle. I would often sit in during Lockheed engineer meetings and assist with troubleshooting our current weapon system issue with a working group. I found much more enjoyment and focus on problem-solving in this situation with fewer politics and more science. I even became a sought after POC for my weapon system to many of the engineers after becoming excessively knowledgeable on it."

United States Air Force Employee

"The USAF has been more of the best choices I made in my life!"

in Colorado Springs, CO

"Serving in the military was an exceptional experience!!"

in Holloman Air Force Base, NM

"I have spent 24 years Active Duty and three years as an Active Reservist in the United States Air Force. I've been given the opportunity to travel all over the world, receive higher education, job training, and hone my leadership and managerial skills."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Chief Inspector
in Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND

"The Air Force provided invaluable training, personal and professional development opportunities over my 20 year career."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Crew Chief
in Santa Clara, CA

"I've served with the US Air Force for 6 years. The USAF is a great place to work because it fosters personal values of integrity, selflessness, and excellence. Not only does the USAF teach its members transferable hard skills, it also teaches soft skills such as tact, psychological first aid, and wingmanship. Bottom line is I tend to trust a fellow veteran more easily than I trust another person due to their service alone."

Pilot Instructor
in Travis AFB, CA

"I retired from the USAF after 20 1/2 years of service. Service members are continually paid much less than they are worth, and the deployment schedules forced many people out of the service whom were not ready to retire. I would not recommend signing up with them unless you want to work long hours for little pay."

in Newark, NJ

"Good agency to work for. Offer flexible hours."

Staff Officer
in Beale AFB, CA

"Upward mobility available. Easy to differentiate from peers with good work ethic."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Journeyman
in Jacksonville, AR

"I’ve worked for the U.S. Air Force for 12 years and it has been one of the best experiences of my life. The Air Force showed me what it meant to be a part of a team as well as teaching what it is to sacrifice for a greater good. The hours can be long your days may be tough but the benefits earned are worth it and the bonds with you coworkers are life long."