1,514 United States Air Force Reviews

Browse United States Air Force Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 983 United States Air Force Review Ratings)
"Very, very good employer; takes care of you and your family -- just realize you will go when and where you are told."
Posted 11 years ago in Anchorage, AK
Aerospace Maintenance Technician
in Fairchild Air Force Base, WA

"I've worked in Aerospace Maintenance for the US Air Force for 6 years. The Air Force has provided me with the proper leadership, maintenance and supervisory skills required to be an effective and proficient team member for this company and occupation. As part of an essential team member at Fairchild Air Force Base, we've been a key role in our nation's defense strategy and an Air Mobility Command during Operation Enduring Freedom as well as countless others in the Air Force's tanker fleet on the west coast. The Airman from the 92nd Air Refueling Wing flew more than 20,000 sorties in nearly 125,000 hours, offloaded nearly 1.5 billion pounds of fuel to more than 110,000 U.S. and Coalition aircraft during the decade-long partnership."

in Greensboro, NC

"Great company but no work ethic in IT projects. Managers see only numbers and do not care about work and life balance at all."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Scott Air Force Base, IL

"The Air Force has provided a great lifestyle but it is now time to go and do something different after 21+ years. There have been many changes over the years, some good and some not good. Even with that said, I would still recommend the Air Force to anyone thinking about joining a branch of the military. You would be hard pressed to find a company that offers as many benefits."

HVAC Journeymen
in Andrews AFB, MD

"Very well, work oriented and knowledgeable people about the career field. Great atmosphere."

in Abilene, TX

"It was a great adventure, but it was time to move on."

United States Air Force Employee

"The USAF was a great experience but after careful consideration I felt that private sector offered more opportunity and stability in which to grow both personally and professionally."

Network Planner
in Hampton, VA

"Working for the United States Air Force Hospital system was the best job so far in my career."

IT Project Manager

"The U.S. Air Force has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I was not let to fail and I'm prepared for my next career."

in Riverside, CA

"I have worked for Air Force Village West for over a decade now and the company has unfortunately become quite unstable. Employee morale is at an all time low and upper management gives little appreciation to the employees that strive to make AFVW a nice place for the people who live there to be. Employee concerns and needs are flushed under the rug and any claims or concerns that need to be addressed by Human Resources are more often than not discounted or go nowhere leaving only the state to handle important employee concerns. Supervisor / employee relationships are generally very good. The breakdown comes once you need to address upper management or HR. Corporate Compliance resides in the same department as HR, so serious issues are often handled by the wrong department and Supervisor / Employee retaliation is becoming more of a significant issue than it has in the past. The pay is significantly below average and opportunity for advancement is non existent. This company has great potential not only as an employer but as a overall facility. Unfortunately the direction or lack thereof of upper management will most likely bankrupt the company before it can successfully turn things around. If you are looking for work there, it is a great place to get your feet wet and get some training under your belt in an overall plan to move on, please do not plan in staying long-term. Your efforts and hard work will only be wasted on a company that does not appreciate them. On a positive note, the employees are very friendly and the food is good."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Swanton, OH

"Great place to work! I couldn't have asked for better workplace and education!"

in Washington, DC

"If you are going to go military, go technical unless you have something to prove. Much better employment prospects if you get a technical job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
HVAC Journeyman
in Glendale, AZ

"I have worked for the US Air Force since 2007. There is not much to say about the military. They keep a tight shop. They emphasize customer service ethics. They keep up on training on a weekly basis. There were many bases where you can go to, each base has its own different types of units which in a way is good, because you get to learn new things about HVAC. I've learned a lot through the military, not only I learned the HVAC systems but I also learned to be responsible, follow commands, be courteous, and respectful."

NOC Technician
in Mountain Home, ID

"Nothing to write home about but the people make up for that."

in Vacaville, CA

"I loved serving the United States as a US Airman."

in Bellevue, NE

"I have been in the military for 22 years and would recommend it to anyone looking for a challenging career."