United States Air Force Employee Job Reviews

Browse United States Air Force Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 1010 United States Air Force Review Ratings)

"I began my Air Force career in 1989, one month out of high school and ended in 1997. I would never change joining the military and the experience it gave me for life. War is never fun, but it gave me a chance to fight for those who could not. Life has never been the same since my days in the Air Force, but it gave me a foundation for the rest of my days. I would definitely recommend a young person to give back by joining and fighting for their country if they can. It is a life changing experience that no one can take away."
Posted 7 years ago in Holloman Air Force Base, NM
Senior Engineering Manager
in Las Vegas, NV

"am currently working for The US airforce based in Creech airforce Base for approximately a year now. The position is a civilian contractor position to support and assist the airforce engineering team. Working in the base is a very comfortable and relaxing environment; people are helpful and positive. My supervisor is the Deputy Commander, and despite his busy schedule, he always makes time for regular meetings, which help both of us exchange directly to feedback about the work requirements and team achievements."

in Eglin AFB, FL

"I've worked for Air Force since 2017 as a government civilian. It's a great place to meet lots individuals with great experience and knowledge. Also, it's a place where you work along with nation's heroes shoulder to shoulder. There are plenty of opportunities for go around and learn new things, skills. Additionally, there are tremendous amount of technical schools where you can learn or practice different IT fields (networking, software engineering, cybersecurity and etc). However, just like any other government entity, there are enough drawbacks as well. Bureaucracy is being the biggest one. In order to get something done you have to go through various chains and need to get permissions from different departments before you can change, modify or request even a minor thing. Sometimes it takes ridiculous amount of time before you can successfully get your request approved and it can be very frustrating especially if time is limited."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Montgomery, AL

"...................................................."

Procurement Operations Manager
in Beale AFB, CA

"It is a good place to start your career and get your education paid for."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman
in Tacoma, WA

"I have been with the United States Air Force since 2014. When I entered the military, I did not know the oppurunities I would be given to learn skill sets, and achieve my dreams. Looking back now, I am truly grateful for the Air Force, Leadership, and teams that I have been apart of. I have grown into a succesful, well rounded, employee and manager. I will be able to take these skill sets to all future jobs and be able to implement them into not only my everyday life, but of those around me."

Security Officer
in Suitland, MD

"The USAF is the best organization to work for. You can serve your country honorably while creating the very best of yourself through invaluable life experiences and amazing mentor-ship."

Cyber Warfare Operations, Weapons and Tactics
in Battle Creek, MI

"I love the Air Force and what opportunities I have been provided to see the world and learn a great skill!"

Section Chief
in Spanaway, WA

"Currently serving as a USAF Senior Non-commissioned Officer at Joint Base Lewis-McChord for the 327th Civil Engineer Squadron, Water/Fuels Systems Maintenance Section Chief. Experience spans over 23+ years in Civil Engineering policies, compliance directives, operation practices, management analyst, construction techniques, real estate and building maintenance, personnel safety, work force productivity, material acquisition, logistical support, facility management, and service contract oversight. Military-trained professional with a keen attention to detail and an analytical mind, continually finding ways to improve the overall operations of the organization. Directed new construction projects, renovations, alterations, maintenance repairs, work force and production, customer focal point, service call, Unit Control Center operations, and natural disaster/base recovery activities. In-depth technical skills dealing with interior/exterior plumbing, natural gas systems, facility fire protection systems, industrial and commercial systems and appliances, water and wastewater treatment, and swimming pools and spas systems; all for government facilities and housing/tower structures. Track record of identifying redundancies, recommending organizational changes and maximizing resources to streamline operations."

United States Air Force Employee

"Great expectations but a great experience. I was lucky enough to learn a bit about the intel field"

United States Air Force Employee

"Not much to say about the Air Force; it provides great opportunities for personal education and teaches you great life skills."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Hill AFB, UT

"I originally took this job in order to reduce my commute time. When they hired me on, they talked of the fair amount of coding I would be able to perform. However, as time progressed, it turned out the job was 80% documentation and 20% coding. The ability to provide adequate resources to complete the desired tasks is poor, at best. The upper management has no ability to listen to the people under them, and have only increased in negative morale. My coworkers are good people that know how to work hard."

Client Systems Supervisor
in Hampton, VA

"I've been with the Air Force for 6 years and it has been the biggest launch pad in my career. In my time with the military, I have made great friends, learned invalidates lesson, obtained substantial education, and became Sec+ certified. I wouldn't trade a day of my time in the Air Force."

in Tacoma, WA

"Stop sndodnendndksnejdhebekskdbs"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Pope A F B, NC

"Over 13 years and I enjoyed every one."

United States Air Force Employee

"Two terms as an enlisted Airman."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5