On average, employees at Target give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Target employees are Supervisors submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Maintenance Mechanics also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 487 Target Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Target for five months. At Target, you have the ability to be cross-trained. Meaning if you want to work in several different departments, you can. Which is what I recommend new hire's to do after three months. The overall environment is friendly and clean. Management is reasonable and pleasant."
Posted 6 years ago in Bellingham, WA
in Gilbert, AZ

"I was hired by Target in March of 2020 amid the pandemic, and I was put to work right away. The supervisors sped up my learning process to accommodate the needs of our community (pick-ups, order fulfillment) to provide contactless services. I felt seen and heard, as my time off was almost always approved immediately—if not eventually."

in Glendale Heights, IL

"Target is a great place to work as a beauty consultant. It has flexible hours, friendly supervisors and coworkers, clear expectations, benefits, and room to grow. It is a great place to work whether you are looking for a part time, full time, or seasonal position."

Target (771)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Target Employee

"While the job is decent I would not say it is good as a long term employment. Mainly a good way for those looking for first job to get some experience to add to their resume, and to gain some real world experience."

Executive Team Leader
in Moorpark, CA

"Target is a forward-thinking company, with team culture at the center of its operations. The firm itself is an innovator in its industry, being the first to adopt many new technologies and modern processes to further add value to their customer, as well as their team, ahead of competitors. Target's adaptive business model and team-centric culture have been the driving forces which powered the firm to be an industry leader and Fortune 50 company."

Average Target Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Target Employee

"The company was good. No formal complaints on my end. Great team huddles for the game plans of the day and outstanding customer service."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Executive Team Leader
in Buford, GA

"I worked for Target about 12 months. One of the biggest retailers in US, highly innovative and provide room for thinking out of the box. Great in teaching and developing skills. Worked in CA for 8 months, and company gave me transfer within 2 days to GA. Around 1600 stores."

in Minneapolis, MN

"Target's reputation speaks for itself."

Target Employee

"It was a tough learning curve at Starbucks with a manager that wanted us to be working like a well-oiled machine. At first, I didn't have the best working relationship with my manager because I made mistakes making a coffee but my friendly coworkers helped me out a lot. Eventually it was a harmonious working environment when we finally became on page with the manager."

Store Director

"Target is a nimble company that continues to grow in the ever-changing retail environment. Good ideals and great place to work."

in Lakewood, CO

"I recently retired from Target but I worked for this company for over 30 years and it was both a challenging journey and an amazing company to work for! If you are looking for a forward thinking company with a great work environment .... this is the place! #worksomewhereyoulove"

Target Employee

"I've worked for target for 6 months. I have found it to be a pleasant work environment and experience. The team leaders are encouraging and welcoming. The response to the pandemic is adequate with the tough demand of customers."

in Irving, TX

"I've worked at Target since 2007. I've had the opportunity to move up the company ladder. I feel like I am ready for a new change."

in Stoughton, MA

"Overall its a pretty good but a lot of work, more than what one person can do in the given time, it is manageable for now. But I can only imagine how it will be during the busy seasons with a lack of staff. Depending on 2-3 people for the entire department can get overwhelming and can also be very tiring by the end of the day."

Planning Analyst
in Minneapolis, MN

"Target has a focus on equality and being your authentic self at work. While they expect the best in terms of your work ethic, they are understanding of your personal needs as well. Target is winning in the retail space and you can feel it. The corporate offices are an exciting place to be!"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Team Member
in Livermore, CA

"I worked at Target during the summer of 2019. I really enjoyed my time there. Everyone was kind and helpful in training me. All of my coworkers were friendly and enjoyed their job as well. I do wish that I got to know my supervisor a little more but the few interactions that I had with him were always pleasant. I enjoyed helping with the store's remodel and working various types of shifts including a lot of graveyard shifts."