(based on 447 Target Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Target for five months. At Target, you have the ability to be cross-trained. Meaning if you want to work in several different departments, you can. Which is what I recommend new hire's to do after three months. The overall environment is friendly and clean. Management is reasonable and pleasant."
Posted 5 years ago in Bellingham, WA
in Braintree, MA

"I started with Target last October 2019 as a General Merchandiser Expert. Our Team Lead and Head including Team Members are considerate, friendly and very helpful. But there are things that management should not be doing like cutting hours drastically after a holiday season. Some senior team members who have worked for the company for almost 10 years have experienced this. Also, while they cut down hours, they hire new team members. Benefits for full time members will only come after a year and one month of service. I hope management will improve on these area of concern."

Operations Manager
in Midlothian, TX

"Target is great. Very good at developing talent."

Target (731)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Electronics Sales Associate
in Westminster, CA

"I began working at Target when I graduated from high school in 2015 and worked there for four years while I completed my BA. It was my very first job and the leadership at my store did a wonderful job of socializing me into the workplace and helping me to develop my customer service skills and my social ability in general. It was a great experience and I recommend it highly for young people or people with little work experience."

Team Leader
in Holly Springs, NC

"I have worked for Target for close to one year now and it has been an incredible experience. I have had the opportunity to grow and develop as a leader, while also being challenged and encouraged. Target is a company that values their employees and desires to see them successful in their careers. They push you to your limits, expecting high results and only the best."

Average Target Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Inbound Representative
in Woburn, MA

"it's a good company. Over there everybody works together everybody helps you and if you have any questions then everyone give you the answer. You are in a tribal then everybody give you help. HR, store manager, and team leader also nice and they give you full support in any kind of help."

in Plainville, MA

"The workflow is what you'd expect. Fellow employees were at first a little hostile toward me but that quickly faded. Upper management is a little disorganized but they are pretty flexible when it comes to schedule and hours."

in San Bruno, CA

"Enjoyed my time there but there's too much red tape when it came down to improving the operational systems."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Union City, CA

"I worked for target for 3 and a half years. I started from the bottom and started leading the front then the back. As time progresses, I had different tasks thrown at me. I loved working with them but I felt like there was no more room for growth and I deserved better."

General Manager
in Aurora, CO

"Throughout my 12 years at Target, I can say that they're a company that is continually changing and adapting to ensure that they're staying ahead of the field when working to deliver a Great shopping experience for it's guests, for both in house and on-line. With their dedication to change and continual improvement as a company, they've also worked hard to develop great talent from within. They've made mistakes, but are always quick to learn and change from those mistakes, and they expect their leaders to do the same! As a company Target continues to be a name that provides a basis for continued change for it's guests, dedication to it's teams, and Name brand that is positive in the consumers eyes."

in Minneapolis, MN

"My journey with Target has been amazing and the best one till now. I got to learn a lot from my colleagues and also from the leaders"

in Albany, OR

"I worked in Target about 3 months, it was a temporary job, good company to work for despite the long shifts."

in Brooklyn Park, MN

"I've worked for Target since 2018 and have really enjoyed it. The team is very welcoming and willing to help each other. The leaders run the company with passion and with a very strong focus on the guest."

in Albany, OR

"Excellent in maintaining strict safety protocol. Regularity of work hours and schedule was dependable during peak season. Plenty of opportunity to express ideas and input to upper management to help improve working conditions which was refreshing."

Team Leader

"I have worked at targer over a decade now. I have grown as a leader and as a person. I value my team's work ethics. I am currently managing 105 team memers and supervisors."

Target Employee

"I have worked at Target since 2013. In that time i got to see the company really grow and reinvent itself. It became an adaptable company that had the drive to be competitive in an ever more difficult sector of the market to see growth and year over year returns. I love Target's motto of bring joy to every guest and seeing them make the changes to truly make that happen."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5