(based on 470 Target Review Ratings)
"Great company, good friends, good times."
Posted 9 years ago in Fullerton, CA
in Humble, TX

"The business pay is good, but the management of teams and schedule is lacking. The store needs reform when it comes to the location."

in Chaska, MN

"Target is a marvelous company to work. The treatment you receive, especially for retail is beyond belief. The compensation is 100% "you get what you put in". If you are willing to put in the work you will be rewarded! Exception place of work!"

Target (754)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Store Advocate
in Selinsgrove, PA

"This positions is an occasionally fast paced environment, requiring many individual decisions made which affect other team members. It requires excellent communication skills to be performed well. It allows one to make decisions on their own and problem solve different situations as they arise."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Knoxville, TN

"It's a great company to work for if you enjoy working in a retail setting."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Target Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Fremont, CA

"Target is one of the best start up job that you could apply to. With flexible schedules and amazing work environment, Target can develop lots of your skills into useful tools for your career. Target is a great place to test your character."

Target Employee

"I’ve been with Target solutions for 9+ years. Throughout the years I’ve loved my job and my teammates. If you like working with everyday hero’s, then this is the place for you!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Murrieta, CA

"I have worked for Target since 2015, it is a fun place to work when you get along with your co-workers. The upper management in stores can be unhelpful, and not very understanding at times but that also depends on the upper managers that you get. It can be very hard to progress within the company, and they tend to lead people on when it comes to promotions."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Team Leader
in Texarkana, TX

"I have worked for Target for almost a year. It is a very professional work environment. If you are willing to work hard then you will do great here."

Seasonal Fulfillment Expert
in Hodgkins, IL

"I worked at Target only as a seasonal worker. In that short period of time, I got large respect for the company as a whole. All the employees are dedicated to making sure their customers get the best experience shopping at Target."

in Galesburg, MI

"I've worked for Target Distribution for almost 2 years. Safety is the number one priority and values employees. Pay is great. The weakest link is the amount of rules. Management skills are especially lacking."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Santa Rosa, CA

"I have worked for Target for the past 3 months. Initially, I was learning and developing a great amount, but slowly it came to a plateau, and now I do not see much room to advance in the company."

in Red Wing, MN

"I was recruited by Target to pilot a new executive team leader role that combined scientific data and research to increase the overall profit and efficiency of operations. I have generally enjoyed the work and seeing the transformation I have implemented in this location, but the hours have never been set and they are chaotic. I am salaried and supposedly able to make my own schedule, but it never works that way. In my role, the only position you may be promoted to is a store director, which generally has taken people over 10+ to be recommended for this promotion. I am in charge of over 100 team members and 5 team leads and there is high expectations for my amount of responsibility compared to my pay."

Beauty Consultant

"Target is an amazing company to work! Great atmosphere to work in and if you love Teamwork- this is the job for you!"

in Amsterdam, NY

"I've worked for Target for 4 years and always had a good experience until I got to the new york location. The lack of professionalism and Human Resource support for someone who is struggling with a moral situation is ridiculous. The building is so incredibly corrupt that most of the managers either transfer to a different building or quit altogether because it leaves the company with such a terrible taste in their mouths. Recommend Target but NOT in upstate NY."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Fairfax, VA

"Good Company to work for. Lots of opportunity for growth."