(based on 486 Target Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Target for five months. At Target, you have the ability to be cross-trained. Meaning if you want to work in several different departments, you can. Which is what I recommend new hire's to do after three months. The overall environment is friendly and clean. Management is reasonable and pleasant."
Posted 6 years ago in Bellingham, WA
in Minneapolis, MN

"Whilst working as a contractor at Target for 10 months, I was able to improve my customer service skills and learn from the two teams I worked with about project and supplier management, internal logistics and improve my analyst skills on a day to day basis."

Senior Director

"I’ve worked for Target for 7 years and I’ve found it to be a forward-thinking, thought-provoking, and culturally well rounded trailblazer that does what it takes to not only stay relevant but to also lead the way in its industry. The company employs over 300,000 people and is located across the entire country."

in Merced, CA

"Great place to work, team members and leads were always helpful and professional."

in Keene, NH

"target is a wonderful place to do all your shopping in one place. everything is very good quality for a very reasonable price. the employees at target are also wonderful people that are very helpful. the store is very clean and organized and is a nice place to spend some time looking for all my needs."

in Rialto, CA

"Target RDC is a well paid job with decent benefits. Pay varies by location and market though. Job can be very demanding. And is very hard to get time off during "fall season" (October, November, December)"

Advocate

"I’ve work for target for about 2 months. That job was very easy mainly as being a guest advocate. My job was to educate people on the deals going on at target. Most of the times i’ve gotten compliments on how i’m doing with the guests. Sometimes they pull me out from the lanes and tell me to go help them stock in the aisles."

in Rialto, CA

"A company in transition with the goal of continuous improvement in mind."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked for Target for 2.5 years. In that time I've meet some wonderful and intelligent employees. While they suffer from the slow churn giant companies suffer from , they do empower employees to make their own path. There is certainly bureaucracy that comes with a company that large but no more than expected."

in Minneapolis, MN

"Great industry leader in retail. A lot of opportunities to move up."

Data Scientist
in Minneapolis, MN

"Great company to start carrier with, I love the technology resources provided by company."

React Developer
in Minneapolis, MN

"I worked at target for a little over a year. The experience is varied between the teams that people work on. Some teams are amazing, and others are more rigid, there doesn't seem to be much of a grey area. Management can be slow to make improvements on their processes. Other than that they are trying to be innovative and use more modern technologies."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Muncie, IN

"I have worked for Target Corporation as a facility manager for 16 years over the last five years the company has moved away from maintaining their property towards being more a manager in the position along with being held accountable for more store side retail operations. It seems that they are heading towards an outside source for facility repair."

Target Employee

"Target is a great company that I really enjoyed working at for the time I spent at the company. However, there have been some struggles in certain areas of the country that have led to an excessive amount of turnover at the VP levels and above. This type of constant turnover in high-level roles leads to instability and constant change in direction that is hard on the teams in the field."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Store Director
in Mission Viejo, CA

"I've worked for Target over the course of six years in four different managerial positions. Target has an unprecedented ability to train, develop and retain its talent thanks to the various career paths that exist. I'd recommend them as a company to work for in the event you are Retail Management focused."

HR Team Leader
in Monroe, LA

"Target is a company who treats their employees right. From the cafeteria benefits to small recognition - everything is appreciated. You also build great working relationships with your peers. They are available and accessible. Everyone is treated fairly from the top-down. I am so grateful that I got the opportunity to work for such an amazing company."