(based on 375 Target Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Target for 8+ years. In my time here I have been able to obtain my degree with their school-friendly atmosphere, as well as promote into a leadership role. I have learned more things about the retail business that I would not have imagined if it was not for this forever changing and diverse company."
Posted 3 years ago in Dallas, TX
in Grand Rapids, MI

"Target used to be a great place to work, however with the changes they have made in past years they have lost sight of who they used to be. Change is good yet they have done it in all the wrong ways. They have stripped the stores of payroll to support the ever failing Canada and continue to cut the amount of leaders in the building."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Chesapeake, VA

"The store I currently work at has a large morale problem as well as leadership issues. It is not a well structured store and rules are constantly broken by others (mainly the leaders). The people I work with on the Sales Floor are mostly very good. The fast needed to keep with tasks is made easier with a good team of people by your side but with constant change of plans by different leaders working on the same day causes mass confusion and frustration throughout the team."

in North Haven, CT

"Target is a great company for someone looking to have a paycheck to paycheck style job. It is nearly impossible to move up in the company unless you start at a higher level job than basic team member. Corporate is unfortunately always forcing their hand to make decisions that often times have negative effects on team morale, and pay raises are completely biased."

in Camillus, NY

"I've worked for Target for 6 months now, during my school time. The co-workers I have met have been really great to work with."

in Franklin, TN

"It could be a worse working environment, but it could still definitely be improved. It's interesting the amount of control PA team members have over prices in the store, with low compensation."

in Cleveland, OH

"I worked for Target for a few months. I was not happy with the work and life balance, the treatment of my hourly employees and the workload that is shoved off on the other ETLs. To sum up the whole experience... if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

"I came on as an ETL outside hire. I was new to retail, and heard a lot of good things about Target, so I went for it. However, soon after getting there and when you get past the Red Cards and phoned in sweetness you can begin to see the place for what it really is."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Sales Associate
in Easton, MA

"Going to be honest, it's retail. After all there are certain expectations you have when working in retail. When you put that aside and look at the people running the show at the store there is more than people just running numbers. O well, you need to stop talking too much with guests. or You need to make sure you're getting all your work done. This is always an issue, but they seem to be a bit more understanding on the associates with this. Putting too much pressure on them can cause issues."

in Mooresville, NC

"I've worked at Target for over 3 years: I love the job and the vast majority of my coworkers. Unfortunately the company keeps trying to do more with less, therefore demanding more from each one of us. My main issue though is that it is near impossible to be promoted: I've been promised a promotion for over 18 months now (I passed all the necessary interviews with great reviews) but we are over headcount so it's not happening."

in Fort Collins, CO

"I have worked for Target for 6 years. The positive environment is great to work in. The work isn't so bad (sometimes fun) and helping guests always makes me feel good."

Target Employee

"I have worked for Target for almost two years. The information I received about my workload, resources, schedule, and time off during my hiring process was vastly different than what I have experienced at my store. The philosophy of by any means necessary leaves us as ETLs completing a lot of PT work as I spend more than 50% of my time completing PT tasks. Work/life balance is an issue. Pay is higher than most retailers. There is also a huge difference in expectations for ETLs."

Sales Associate

"As an employee of Target I am proud to work there, because of the work place, and the co-ordination of workers and managers are the key point of that company."

Systems Engineer
in Suffolk, VA

"Target is a good company to work for if you are willing to play their game and buy in to their culture. They are not friendly to the Engineering field. The supervision in my building was not above putting inaccurate information on official documentation and was also dishonest with the hourly team on several occasions."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Marina, CA

"The executives in there are not helpful, no one is on the same page. There is a lot of contradiction with the upper management and it trickles down the chain."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Moorpark, CA

"This company offers a family feeling environment, but tends to suffer from under-staffing and apathetic attitudes amongst some of it's senior employees."