(based on 421 Target Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Target for five months. At Target, you have the ability to be cross-trained. Meaning if you want to work in several different departments, you can. Which is what I recommend new hire's to do after three months. The overall environment is friendly and clean. Management is reasonable and pleasant."
Posted 5 years ago in Bellingham, WA
in Minneapolis, MN

"It's a company with very high turnover in general, but even more for minorities. I would recommend the company if you were born and bred in Minnesota, but not anyone else."

Target Employee

"I have worked for Target Corporation for 16 years in 2 different states. I have been both a Team Leader and an Executive Team Leader in several different work centers within the store. Starting pay was challenging, with a lot of hours expected of salaried leaders for average pay. The promotion process is very political - more about who you know than what you know. Networking and face time with senior management is stressed, and current leadership has blurred the company identity."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Tulsa, OK

"Micromanaged like you wouldn't believe. Terrible, rude, incoherent managers and supervisors in different departments. Team members swarm in their own cliques, but Target always flashes team work, ya... right. Flow team always lazy. Managers pawn off deep zoning on all team members at the last minute because of a corporate person coming to visit. Poorly managed, too many people talking mess about each other and were unfriendly. Pay is crap, but worth it if you're in high school."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Midlothian, TX

"The atmosphere at Target would be close to a nuclear toxic waste disaster. The moment they hire you they are looking for a way to intimidate you and make you think they are going to fire you at anytime. I am told by folks that have been there for 10 years that it has been that way since they have been there."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Trussville, AL

"Not the most rewarding career path."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Executive Team Leader
in Santa Fe, NM

"Love working for Target since 2006."

in Wilmington, NC

"Company itself is good but not management in the store."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Executive Team Leader
in Westminster, CA

"Great company, during the last 9 years I have been in multiple leadership positions at district level and have been in out of state assignments."

Customer Service Representative
in Hawthorne, CA

"I've worked for this company for 7 years. It is definitely a challenge but there is never a dull moment."

Cashier
in Las Vegas, NV

"It is a great place to your career history, great people and great environment! Could not ask for more!"

Team Leader
in Opelika, AL

"I've been working at Target since August of 2012 and I've loved almost every minute of it. The atmosphere and coworkers are great. I would suggest anyone to work at Target to start off their career or just to put some money in their pocket while in school."

in Nanuet, NY

"The company is great but I feel like I deserve better because I am a hard worker."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Good company to go with if you want to get into retail. Otherwise you're better off looking for a job more suited to your education if you have it."

Flow Team Associate
in Melbourne, FL

"My overall review of this company is ridiculous. Hours are cut drastically, they hire an influx of new employees just so everything gets done faster and the veteran employees suffer. I think it is disgusting what they do to people, maybe at some point they treated people well but what I experienced was very much the opposite. I worked at the Target in Viera FL 32940 and let me just say the management team are a bunch of fools, esp. the STL."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Melbourne, FL

"I worked at the one in Viera, FL and the managers are so unfair and rude to the employees. They work them like dogs and cut their hours back drastically. Every month it gets worse. They took the dollar differential pay away and cut their employees down to a maximum of 20 hours per week. They hire new people so the jobs can go quicker. Get in, get out is how they treat people. I have never been happier to leave a job in my life."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5