(based on 486 Target Review Ratings)
"Great company, good friends, good times."
Posted 9 years ago in Fullerton, CA
Backroom Team Member
in Lincoln, CA

"I have worked for this company for the past 5 years. Recently, there have been some new changes in the company and how it runs its operations. We've been struggling to switch gears but are finally able to work with the new direction."

in Florissant, MO

"If you are a cart attendant, expect to be called by walkie each and every time to help with carry-outs, to clean spills, and to check bathrooms. Sometimes the manager could be super annoying and call you over there just to tell you nothing. Overall, the experience working here was just okay."

in Rialto, CA

"After coming from an advanced technology company like Amazon, Target was about 20 years behind the curve and its inventory system was pretty much non-existent and running on an old DAS program built in the mid-’90s. That speaks for itself."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Haslet, TX

"I worked for Target for six years. Target upper management does not care for anyone below them. Executives make sure to stop by everyday to berate you with no tangible examples on how they would fix issues that they state need to be fixed. Executives above the store level have no knowledge on how to run the equipment they deploy or knowledge of store operations. Upper management have this belief they are superior to anyone below them, if you challenge or think outside the box they will steal your ideas as their own and throw you under the bus. The HR reps are very callous and don't give one lick who you are. You can waste years here but I wouldn't suggest it. You'll be stuck at the store level answering for the mistakes of upper management when they stick their nose into politics or gender/bathroom issues. If your reading this I suggest you invest your time with a company that cares for its employees otherwise whats your soul worth?"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Columbia, SC

"I've worked for Target for 3 years and I'm still where I was when I started. I have a great work ethic. I come in and give my 100%. I smile and help the guests to the best of my ability, because they are the priority. We as team members want to feel appreciated as well. We do the work, while holding ourselves together. Just let know we are appreciated."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Unloader
in Lyons, IL

"I've worked at Target for over a year and think that it is an alright establishment that could be more effective if they were to give more hrs to their employees."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Presentation Team Member
in Miami, FL

"I've been working at Target for 16 years and I regret every single moment I spent there. You work with upper management who thinks that they are gods and treat anybody under them like some dirt of the streets. Not only do they age discriminate, because they don't like to promote anybody over the age of 30. If you are in mid "20s" and like to kiss a lot of ass and be loud and annoying then Target is the place for you."

Team Leader

"I have worked for Target for 8+ years. In my time here I have been able to obtain my degree with their school-friendly atmosphere, as well as promote into a leadership role. I have learned more things about the retail business that I would not have imagined if it was not for this forever changing and diverse company."

Guest Service Team Leader
in Thousand Oaks, CA

"I have worked for Target for 10 years."

in Fort Worth, TX

"This company is full of politics. The only way to get to the top is to lie, cheat, and steal. Everyone backstabs each other and throws each other under the bus. And the gossip-don't get me started... You can work hard, but it doesn't get you anywhere unless you majorly kiss ass. This place is too stressful, for only paying bottom dollar."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Bowie, MD

"Great company and growth potential."

in Orlando, FL

"As a night shift employee, I was thrust in the job with almost no training and belittled when I didn't know all the proper techniques. Paired with the night shift bosses' apathetic attitude towards their workers well-being and efficiency, it causes new employees to be totally lost and subject to failure. The managers are unresponsive to employee needs and are quick to blame you for small mistakes. While Target has a high rating overall, the Waterford location needs much work done internally before it can be considered "a good company"."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Cart Attendant
in Bellingham, WA

"I've been working at Target for five months. At Target, you have the ability to be cross-trained. Meaning if you want to work in several different departments, you can. Which is what I recommend new hire's to do after three months. The overall environment is friendly and clean. Management is reasonable and pleasant."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Minneapolis, MN

"Excellent work environment and great opportunities."

Technical Lead
in Minneapolis, MN

"My previous employer was awesome."