24 Target Team Leader Reviews

Browse Target Reviews by Job Title →

Team Leaders at Target give their company a 3.8 out of 5.0, while the average rating for Target is 3.7, making them 3% happier than every other employee at Target and 3% less happy than every other Team Leader on CareerBliss - the happiest Team Leaders work for Schneider National.

(based on 14 Team Leader Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Target for 8+ years. In my time here I have been able to obtain my degree with their school-friendly atmosphere, as well as promote into a leadership role. I have learned more things about the retail business that I would not have imagined if it was not for this forever changing and diverse company."
Posted 3 years ago in Dallas, TX

in Opelika, AL

"I've been working at Target since August of 2012 and I've loved almost every minute of it. The atmosphere and coworkers are great. I would suggest anyone to work at Target to start off their career or just to put some money in their pocket while in school."

Average Team Leader Ratings in the Past 7 Years

2014 $4
2016 $5
in Westminster, MD

"Rewarding, challenging, above most companies."

What do you like about working at Target?

"The people, the guests, the opportunity to learn and grow"

"Be yourself, be honest and listen to what the company expects and make sure you can give what is expected of you as an employee."

What don't you like about working at Target?

"You cannot stay in the same store, area and grow within the company, you have to move on to another location to get promoted."

"Make sure equipment works, make sure as a company you are ready to grow when you put in changes."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Fort Myers, FL

What do you like about working at Target?

"The company does make an effort for recognition of some team members. The environment was fun the majority of the time. You can easily build relationships with your team and your peers if you put time and effort into it."

"They tend to hire into upper management with new college graduates with no experience. Moving up the ranks even with an education was still a who you know game."

What don't you like about working at Target?

"Politics play a huge role with the ETL team. Since the majority of the ETL staff were fresh college graduates they had no previous work related experience. The team leads are the foundation of the store organization and keep the ball moving. Team leaders are expected to do a lot and when they become vocal and want to challenge leadership they are quickly put into the process of CCA's and coachings."

"I would have made more of an effort to interact with the team. The team will respect you more if they see that you understand them as people and not just work horses. The majority of the time my boss spent their time in the offices hanging out or eating in Target Cafe."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Target Attributes by Team Leader

in Monroe, NY

What do you like about working at Target?

"I like the people that I work with that are not upper management."

"If you have other options keep them open. They ask a lot of, Tell me about a time when... questions. Be prepared with a situation, action taken, people involved and an outcome. Express impact it had and the scope and complexity it had."

What don't you like about working at Target?

"The politics and brown-nosing that goes on. You won't advance anywhere if you see things differently, don't kiss up or play their games. No one listens to new ideas and recognition. Upper management (ETL's/, STL) do no support you and will not help you complete heavy workloads even when you ask for help weeks in advance."

"Listen and hear out your team members. Take action when they come to you with a concern or issue. Don't spread rumors or things told to you confidentially. Work with them, for them, stand up for your team. Don't come in as the mean boss, and get in there and do the work too."

in Hagerstown, MD

What do you like about working at Target?

"Hours, job duties, peers."

"You must work with a great sense of urgency and be able to prioritize. Must have good time management skills and not expect a lot of training. Much of what you learn is through your own development."

What don't you like about working at Target?

"Time management vs tasks, upper management lack of engagement with employees, lack of communication."

"Communication, accountability and leadership development for team leaders."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Marion, IL

"Great company to work for."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Company Culture 3.9 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.5 / 5
Support You Get 4.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.9 / 5
in Southfield, MI