(based on 641 FedEx Review Ratings)
"I've been working for FedEx since 2011. It is one of the best companies I ever worked. They have the best work culture and had been 'Top Work Places' since 2 years. I love the methodology they use and also the standards and procedures as well. They keep the employees on the top of their list."
Posted 8 years ago in Pittsburgh, PA
Center Consultant
in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

"Good company to work for and lots of opportunity for growth within the company."

in Coppell, TX

"Production Worker (Former Employee), Coppell, TX – August 22, 2019 Pros: Easy job Cons: Laura, the manager The manager shows favoritism towards a friend who is a manager, she will go and help out on her side, but fails to assist the other side. She states that you never delegate up, only down... She is in her office behind her desk and not willing to help the team succeed in the production phase if we are in a bunch and need the help. She fired one of the best managers I've ever had, Liz was always nice, helpful, respectful and respected. She went above and beyond to help us complete our work loads and succeed. Laura is a horrible boss...she is snippy, unfriendly and seems unapproachable at times...she leaves early some days so if we have questions, she's not available. It's sad to think that a manager that worked with us, for us and beside us was let go because the manager (Laura) thought she wasn't meeting her managerial duties. The only reason she was let go in my eyes, is she was a threat to Laura, people always reacted with Liz positively and corporate people always looked to her for answers, because she knew her job and did it well. Laura should take notes in how to be a manager, you get respect when it's given, and she has no one's respect. The favoritism towards Mary is seen and noted, she covered for her while she was on vacation, but didn't cover for Liz when she was on vacation...and that is not acceptable behavior from upper management. Not to mention she knows nothing of large format printing, the process, or materials for certain jobs. I'm glad I left, I wouldn't work for Laura if I made ten times what I was making. I guess Liz didn't fit in the gay club, seeing how Mary and Laura are gay and both of their wives work at a center together. Just seems to convenient, as they both worked together prior to being in Coppell. And it's against company policy for a manager to be friends with another manager who is y"

in Downey, CA

"I've worked for FedEx for several years as I attended college. I had a great learning opportunity working with them."

in El Segundo, CA

"It's a nice company with great benefits."

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I worked for 18 years at FedEx Ground , worked my way up from a package handler level to an Assistant Senior Manager. It has been a good learning experience and I have been grateful for the opportunities that helped develop my career."

in North Salt Lake, UT

"I LOVE work here! Been here 6 years. I love the great pay and the constant raises. I love the different shifts that work with your varying schedules and the unlimited overtime. You don't need to have two jobs anymore to support yourself. If you are only here for a part time job, that's cool. There are many shifts to try out. And you can come for extra hours still if you want, no obligations. Safety is our biggest concern here. We preach it and try to take care of you. The insurance is super cheap, I pay $2 a week for benefits. It is a very physical job though. A lot of people unfortunately don't come back for a second day, or a second week. Some cannot handle it. So unfortunately there is a lot of turn over, but people who stay reap the benefits of being able to work as much as they want and since their are more packages, you'll be busier and get better scores. Management is mostly wonderful. Most of mine will be great. Some let stress get to them and they might put more pressure on their teams, but they are the ones getting pressure from above. It is a very easy job to keep. You rarely get in trouble for anything. Just show up most of the time and you are fine. Make the effort to be there for your shifts and keep a good attitude. My only cons are that it IS physical. Lift safe, take care of yourself. Drink water, eat and sleep enough. TALK to your managers and trainers if you need anything. They are there to help you succeed. That is their whole job. It does get hot in the the summer and.cold in the winter, dress appropriately. Breaks for full timers is just 30 minutes, which I wish was longer. If you work in different sections for your two shifts, you have to be there in time for your next shift. As a smoker, I have to walk far away for my break, and it doesn't leave much time to bring food. I do love it here. I love the physicality and high wages. The opportunities for advancement is super high. The teammates are great."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Brooklyn, NY

"I loved the job in the beginning I was planning on going back to school, but life happens and I ended staying at a dead end job in my opinion."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Collierville, TN

"I've been a contractor for over a year, very hard to get a Perm position"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
FedEx Employee

"I quit from my job because of terminating"

in Irondale, AL

"This location has slowly deteriorated."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
DevOps Engineer
in Orlando, FL

"I've worked at FedEx since Nov. 2018. The technology, tools, and management process are all good."

in Harrison, AR

"The average salary for an office worker is not accurate on this website. After almost 8 years, $14 per hour is more accurate. Computers work slowly, keeping production down and affecting performance. Unless you are under 30 years old, moving up into a higher-paying job is impossible and there are too many double standards to count. Favoritism is common. It has the potential to be a great company to work for but will need a major overhaul to get rid of managerial cliques and their pets. If one manager doesn't like you, it's mob rule and they all don't."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Prescott, AZ

"Worst HR there has ever been. If you need help from harassment, hostility, retaliation, bullying, sexual harassment and privacy violations. They will NOT help you. They are narcissistic pigs. All of them. Worst company ever. They have bosses not leaders. And they will let you fall then kick you in the face while you're down. Run"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Kokomo, IN

"I started Fed Ex Ground package handler working the 500/600 split right around Thanksgiving. Just in time for black Friday and the massive volume of packages for Christmas. I worked on average 3 to 4 hour days. I had no help doing the split but it most definitely should be at least a two person job, at least for the holiday season. I was in constant motion pushing, pulling, twisting, lowering, pulling off the 500s to their line, turning all labels... it doesn't sound hard until you do the job. I solely was responsible for EVERY box on my line, not just a truck load but EVERY BOX ON EVERY TRUCK ON MY LINE!!! Very overwhelming job. Very, very physically demanding. Their "safety" is a joke. Even after I complained my back was hurting they didn't get me any help or move me to something lighter. Nobody is humanly capable of moving boxes the proper way at the speed they run the belts. Also, nobody even checked to see if anyone was actually hurt when the Estop was on. Nope, instead they just rushed to turn it back on. Which leads me to this, when you do stop your line using the (linestop) it only stops your section... so the line gets fuller and fuller every second it's stopped, which obviously, if you're having trouble keeping up and have to stop the line you sure are not going to be ready when the avalanche of packages you just created by stopping your section catches up to you. It would make more since if when the stop line button is pushed it stops the whole line NOT just your section. Also, I stand a whole 5' 1" and am a woman... I was expected to haul boxes well over 100 lbs all by myself, with the line turned up to a fast pace. This job sucks!!! SO MUCH HARD LABOR FOR SUCH A TINY, CRAPPY PAYCHECK.... SO NOT WORTH IT, WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Lakeville, MN

"Horrible environment that bullies its employees. Being interrogated why it took you so long to drive from a last pick up to the hub during rush hour applying the Smith System and adhering to speed limit. For those interested in working as an "Apprentice", know these things first: 1) Your financial contract obligation if you leave, 2) Recognize and know what constitutes "bullying and harassment" by your bosses before you sign up."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5