On average, employees at FedEx give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest FedEx employees are Independent Contractors submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Senior Industrial Engineers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 500 FedEx Review Ratings)
"I've been working for FedEx since 2011. It is one of the best companies I ever worked. They have the best work culture and had been 'Top Work Places' since 2 years. I love the methodology they use and also the standards and procedures as well. They keep the employees on the top of their list."
Posted 4 years ago in Pittsburgh, PA
in Lakeville, MN

"Working for a company that has ops person addressing workers daily as "dude" or "bro" says much of lack of real leadership. Is it possible feds manager training program teaches and allows such word choice? Most likely not! Other workers observe the word choice by a certain ops manager, and yet this person is still employed, why? As I chose to get away from a toxic workplace, I share the fact I love my new employer, and I look forward to continuing to be a positive influence on my team members. :)"

in Lakeville, MN

"As a white male, I found a certain ops manager's comments inappropriate toward an Asian female; the short jokes were consistent. Perhaps the jokester in ops should focus more on his own lack of skillsets, as harassment is illegal."

FedEx (801)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is J Walter Thompson (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Zimmerman Advertising (15)
in Kokomo, IN

"I started Fed Ex Ground package handler working the 500/600 split right around Thanksgiving. Just in time for black Friday and the massive volume of packages for Christmas. I worked on average 3 to 4 hour days. I had no help doing the split but it most definitely should be at least a two person job, at least for the holiday season. I was in constant motion pushing, pulling, twisting, lowering, pulling off the 500s to their line, turning all labels... it doesn't sound hard until you do the job. I solely was responsible for EVERY box on my line, not just a truck load but EVERY BOX ON EVERY TRUCK ON MY LINE!!! Very overwhelming job. Very, very physically demanding. Their "safety" is a joke. Even after I complained my back was hurting they didn't get me any help or move me to something lighter. Nobody is humanly capable of moving boxes the proper way at the speed they run the belts. Also, nobody even checked to see if anyone was actually hurt when the Estop was on. Nope, instead they just rushed to turn it back on. Which leads me to this, when you do stop your line using the (linestop) it only stops your section... so the line gets fuller and fuller every second it's stopped, which obviously, if you're having trouble keeping up and have to stop the line you sure are not going to be ready when the avalanche of packages you just created by stopping your section catches up to you. It would make more since if when the stop line button is pushed it stops the whole line NOT just your section. Also, I stand a whole 5' 1" and am a woman... I was expected to haul boxes well over 100 lbs all by myself, with the line turned up to a fast pace. This job sucks!!! SO MUCH HARD LABOR FOR SUCH A TINY, CRAPPY PAYCHECK.... SO NOT WORTH IT, WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Lakeville, MN

"Horrible environment that bullies its employees. Being interrogated why it took you so long to drive from a last pick up to the hub during rush hour applying the Smith System and adhering to speed limit. For those interested in working as an "Apprentice", know these things first: 1) Your financial contract obligation if you leave, 2) Recognize and know what constitutes "bullying and harassment" by your bosses before you sign up."

Average FedEx Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Lakeville, MN

"I would never recommend this place to work to any drivers with prior elsewhere driving experience. It is a starting point for persons that want a career change and are accepted into feds legally binding apprentice program. The city operations manager when asked a question pertaining to seniority states, "well, in theory yes it is supposed to be that way technically, but we do otherwise...". So, ahhhh, alrighty. Then I chose to quit as I really can't stomach operations persons that do what they feel despite past practices and regarding work availability. Besides, let's get very real - who in the heck thrives in an abusive environment where this city manager's dispatcher hangs up on you on the phone while you're talking (kinda reminds me of a third grader), and the same dispatcher calls everyone "dude " or "bro " all the time (again a third grader's behavior). So, in closing, this college grad really no likey third grade behavior and says good riddance!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Essington, PA

"Worse place to work. Check job posting - they expired when posted. Management will bully, harass, intimidate - they don't want anyone who can think and work hard. I witnessed good hard workers resign. Delivery van drivers complain every day about this facility - it is the worst and it is last in every category."

Senior Security Specialist
in Memphis, TN

"Great place to work, absolutely love it. Challenging but rewarding career. Staff managers are great people and have helped coach and develop me into a great investigator. Highly recommend."

in Ronkonkoma, NY

"All I have to say is that this place is a horrible place to work. 50% of the managers are robots with no lives and don't care that you may have a life. It's the only job in the world where you get rewarded for being bad at your job and punished for being to good at it. Their sick day and personal day policies are complete bs. They make up the rules as they go along. And the senior manager might as well be the president of the United States cause for 1 we never see him and when we do he is a true political man, comes through the station, kisses babies' heads, then he will be gone for another 4 months without a sight of him. This place is an awful place to be employed"

FedEx Employee

"Here is the truth, I worked for over 10 years in FedEx sales. It is a great place to start a career but not worth staying. the training there is great but that is about where it ends. Get good pay coming in because you are stuck with it. The old guard is retiring and you can see the leadership change coming down the pipe and it's not good. Over the last five years reps were asked to take a pay cut to save jobs and we did. A few year later FedEx reports record profits but yet they tell the sales force that things are tight and that a good cost of living raise is 2% and that is if you are meeting or exceeding plan. They are able to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on new computer software programs that pile on additional paperwork to the reps but can't afford to pay a decent cost of living raise. Interesting. If you want to get promoted you must live in one of these cities because if you don't, forget about getting a shot at management: Memphis, Dallas, Pittsburgh, LA, Atlanta, or Chicago. Also promotion has less to do with performance than it does politics. Keep that in mind. Take on higher ups' pet projects and you can move up no matter what your sales performance is. Doing what is right is good as long as it is not hard. If it involves someone actually having to do real work, something hard, forget about it. Get used to hearing "there is nothing I can do, I can't change the system", even if it means you will get hosed out of thousands of dollars in bonus money that has been earned. What you have to realize as a rep is that even though you are getting hosed because of a computer error affecting your territory, if it does not have an effect on your managers or directors bonus it isn't going to happen. Doesn't matter if it is the right thing to do or not. Here is my advice, get about three to five years of good training and experience and leave. Go to a company that pays you to sell instead of pays you to do paperwork. You can always come back and usually for more pay."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Line Haul Coordinator
in Nashville, TN

"Been with the company many years, great place to work, still has a hidden good ole boy system in place that is frustrating when you're on the wrong end of it. Benefits are good and pay can be great if you put the time in."

FedEx Employee

"FedEx pays their inspectors very good. $57 per hour."

FedEx Employee

"I've worked for FedEx Express for 18 years. I could never recommend anyone ever working at this company. If you value your personal life stay away. If you want to earn a decent paycheck plan on working a lot of split shift overtime. Upper management does not care for employees. Holidays are miserable. If you're lucky you'll get a decent manager. But I wouldn't count on it. Pay is average at best. FedEx customers will treat you like a 2nd class citizen while expecting you to assist them with their issue. It's not the world's worst place to work but getting closer and closer to it with each year that passes. It's very rare to find a worker at FedEx who wants to be there. If you work at FedEx it's because your choices are limited and you treated as such. STAY AWAY!!!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Chandler, AZ

"Worst place I ever worked."

in Carol Stream, IL

"Good company to work for if you want to move up, there is a lot of career advancement opportunities but the pay is not very good."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Grove City, OH

"Working for FedEx Ground as a package handler is an overall terrible job. It's warehouse manual labor, so it's physically taxing, and the fact that you can't control the temperature means you're sweating to death in the hot months and sweating while simultaneously being cold in the winter. You are only allowed overtime during Peak Season (basically December.) Advancement opportunities are few and far between, they're always pushing you to work harder but offer no incentives or bonuses to do so. If you're looking for a job where hard work pays off, look elsewhere."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5