On average, employees at FedEx give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest FedEx employees are Independent Contractors submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Customer Service Managers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 492 FedEx Review Ratings)
"This job allows you to save money by no longer needing the gym."
Posted 7 years ago in Framingham, MA
in Ronkonkoma, NY

"All I have to say is that this place is a horrible place to work. 50% of the managers are robots with no lives and don't care that you may have a life. It's the only job in the world where you get rewarded for being bad at your job and punished for being to good at it. Their sick day and personal day policies are complete bs. They make up the rules as they go along. And the senior manager might as well be the president of the United States cause for 1 we never see him and when we do he is a true political man, comes through the station, kisses babies' heads, then he will be gone for another 4 months without a sight of him. This place is an awful place to be employed"

FedEx Employee

"Here is the truth, I worked for over 10 years in FedEx sales. It is a great place to start a career but not worth staying. the training there is great but that is about where it ends. Get good pay coming in because you are stuck with it. The old guard is retiring and you can see the leadership change coming down the pipe and it's not good. Over the last five years reps were asked to take a pay cut to save jobs and we did. A few year later FedEx reports record profits but yet they tell the sales force that things are tight and that a good cost of living raise is 2% and that is if you are meeting or exceeding plan. They are able to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on new computer software programs that pile on additional paperwork to the reps but can't afford to pay a decent cost of living raise. Interesting. If you want to get promoted you must live in one of these cities because if you don't, forget about getting a shot at management: Memphis, Dallas, Pittsburgh, LA, Atlanta, or Chicago. Also promotion has less to do with performance than it does politics. Keep that in mind. Take on higher ups' pet projects and you can move up no matter what your sales performance is. Doing what is right is good as long as it is not hard. If it involves someone actually having to do real work, something hard, forget about it. Get used to hearing "there is nothing I can do, I can't change the system", even if it means you will get hosed out of thousands of dollars in bonus money that has been earned. What you have to realize as a rep is that even though you are getting hosed because of a computer error affecting your territory, if it does not have an effect on your managers or directors bonus it isn't going to happen. Doesn't matter if it is the right thing to do or not. Here is my advice, get about three to five years of good training and experience and leave. Go to a company that pays you to sell instead of pays you to do paperwork. You can always come back and usually for more pay."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

FedEx (787)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is J Walter Thompson (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Zimmerman Advertising (13)
Line Haul Coordinator
in Nashville, TN

"Been with the company many years, great place to work, still has a hidden good ole boy system in place that is frustrating when you're on the wrong end of it. Benefits are good and pay can be great if you put the time in."

FedEx Employee

"FedEx pays their inspectors very good. $57 per hour."

Average FedEx Ratings in the Past 4 Years

FedEx Employee

"I've worked for FedEx Express for 18 years. I could never recommend anyone ever working at this company. If you value your personal life stay away. If you want to earn a decent paycheck plan on working a lot of split shift overtime. Upper management does not care for employees. Holidays are miserable. If you're lucky you'll get a decent manager. But I wouldn't count on it. Pay is average at best. FedEx customers will treat you like a 2nd class citizen while expecting you to assist them with their issue. It's not the world's worst place to work but getting closer and closer to it with each year that passes. It's very rare to find a worker at FedEx who wants to be there. If you work at FedEx it's because your choices are limited and you treated as such. STAY AWAY!!!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Chandler, AZ

"Worst place I ever worked."

in Carol Stream, IL

"Good company to work for if you want to move up, there is a lot of career advancement opportunities but the pay is not very good."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Grove City, OH

"Working for FedEx Ground as a package handler is an overall terrible job. It's warehouse manual labor, so it's physically taxing, and the fact that you can't control the temperature means you're sweating to death in the hot months and sweating while simultaneously being cold in the winter. You are only allowed overtime during Peak Season (basically December.) Advancement opportunities are few and far between, they're always pushing you to work harder but offer no incentives or bonuses to do so. If you're looking for a job where hard work pays off, look elsewhere."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Courier

"I've worked for FedEx for 20+ years. It's been good to me, and I've been called one of their "thoroughbreds". I feel like I've gone about as far as I would like in it."

in Colorado Springs, CO

"Great place to experience the use of Java, web services, and diverse environment."

in Orlando, FL

"FedEx is a great company to work for. Absolutely wonderful work environment and benefits."

in Memphis, TN

"I worked for FedEx since 2005. I started out as a top employee and gave my all, all the way till the end. I worked hard for them and had many managers that would give a positive review of my work performance. In 2014 however none of that mattered and I was fired. The reason? Wanting to try something new in the company and failing at it. No offer to go back to what I was good at. Just fired me. They don't feel like a company that cares about its employees. They see every employee as a disposable tool to make money. I'm saddened that it took me almost 10 years to see that."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
FedEx Employee

"I worked for FedEx for nearly 10 years, and my only real complaint was my direct supervisor, and the lack of opportunities to move into other departments."

in Lakewood, CO

"Fed Ex Office does not pay their employees a living wage."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"FedEx as a company is a better employer that provides flexibility and opportunity for employees to develop a career and move up within the company as permitted. The company provides student reimbursement for classes taken toward either two year or four year college in accredited institution."