491 Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

Browse Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Enterprise Rent-A-Car give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees are Service Agents submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Assistant Branch Managers with a rating of 4.2.

(based on 243 Enterprise Rent-A-Car Review Ratings)
"Enterprise Holdings is a great company to work for. In order to be successful you must possess great customer service skills, determination, dedication, and willingness to learn. I would recommend this company to anyone."
Posted 6 years ago in Spring, TX
in Chattanooga, TN

"I love this company! The negative reviews that people write do not make any sense to me. It is a very competitive career and it takes a lot of resilience and persistence. The pay is not bad. 40k to start. I will say that the hours are long and I put in about 50 hours a week if not more. However, that is the price to pay to be at a Fortune 500 company with a career path where you could make a lot of money very quickly. How do you get there? You work hard, you take your career in your hands and you work! Are there ways that the company can be unethical? Absolutely, but you are going to find that anywhere. It is up to you how you handle that and whether you will be unethical. I have qualified my first two months in the top 5 in the region without being unethical. It is possible. This company provides an awesome path for a career! But your career is your own, very much so! You either take control of it and work hard, or let it take control of you and blame everyone and everything around you for it. It is an awesome company!!"

in Las Vegas, NV

"This job is BAD for your health. They work you 55+ hours with no room for advancement as a CSR. Forget trying to go see a doctor, they need you to work, work, work, work. You will be payed $5 dollars less per hour, even though you do the same job as an MT. Even if you make it to elite sales, it doesn't matter they don't care. Merit does nothing here without a degree here. They claim ethics but break every rule in the book. Lie to customers about the rate, lie about insurance, lie about car quality, lie about everything. You will be sold the Enterpise dream, and it is all a facade. This job requires liars and you will become the best of them. We all try to make ourselves feel better by making customers happy but Enterprise makes you shady underneath, no doubt about it. EXP: I cleaned cars with dog hair, heroine, sex toys,vomit, semen, and all in a business suit in a 100 degree weather. Stay away. Enterprise is not a good company to work for."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Enterprise Rent-A-Car (491)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sunstate Equipment Co. (6)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Avis Budget Group (40)
Management Trainee

"The company offers many chances to grow and learn in a fast paced environment. That said, it is a very grueling job for little pay (60+ hours a week for 40k). It is a well respected program and those that can stick it out can get into top MBA programs and other good management jobs. Interviews are pretty straight forward. I read Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Training Program: Interview Questions and Job Experience: Enterprise Salaries, Enterprise Interviews, Enterprise Reviews Kindle Edition and I aced the interview. Make sure you know the STAR method behavioral questions in the book. They are big on this process of thinking."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employee

"I've worked for Enterprise for several years. The benefits are that you get good hands on experience. But that's just about the only benefit. The pay is low, the job is not something most college graduates aspire to (washing cars/vacuuming cars). There is even a book on Amazon called the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Training Program: Interview Questions and Job Experience. It outlines what it is really like to work there and I wish I had read something like this before I took my offer. But hindsight is 20/20."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Enterprise Rent-A-Car Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employee

"HORRIBLE place to work. I truly do not understand all the positive reviews by Management Trainees. There is nothing positive about this company, whatsoever! I understand, this job does give recent graduates of general degrees, a chance to make a career, but that career is limited to car rental sales. That's all, unless you have good connections and experience to switch career fields. PLEASE, think a lot before joining this terrible organization. If things go wrong, which may be true, it will set your career back months if not years. The Management is selfish and greedy. What's so funny is that the managers don't even get paid a lot compared to other professions, yet they pretend to be so LOYAL to this company. So much partiality goes in this company, you won't believe, unless its your nature, and you are OK with such biased promotional scheme. To be honest, go back to school if you cannot find a proper job, improve your GPA, while working part-time or even full-time in some other company. Trust me, it will eventually WORK OUT for you, but NOT if you work for this stupid company!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Branch Manager
in Lakeland, FL

"I have worked with my current company over 7 years. I have been top Branch manager numerous of times and top seller. Our company focuses on customer service, employee development, fleet growth and profit. We learn how to operate our own business in different business sector."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Management Assistant
in Boynton Beach, FL

"I've worked for Enterprise for the last 2 years. It has been an overall good experience. I really just want to get out of sales and do more marketing."

in Modesto, CA

"Very poor place to work. Enterprise appeals to new college graduates that the environment will be professional and inviting. The truth is anything but. The hours are more than 11-12 hrs a day with little to no incentive to enjoy your place of work other than to hope to not be removed from employment. Enterprise as a company is a great service, yet the work is unrewarding and defeating. No commission is given yet sales are required. Will never recommend anyone to work for Enterprise."

in Wilmington, NC

"This company provides a lot of opportunity, but be prepared to play the game. Don't believe the "work-life balance" stuff they feed you, because it's not true. You can make some money, but be prepared to put everything else on the back burner. Your standing with them will change with the wind. Great career, terrible job. Only reason to work here is if making money is your one and only objective."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Kent, WA

"Looking for a job 6 months - 8 years out of Enterprise, your only ability/experience out of Enterprise will only be sales. Growth in management outside of Enterprise is through internal highering, so you are only training for being an Enterprise Manager, don't be fooled. Your hourly pay will not increase after you are a management trainee, you will just work more hours to make-up for your pay. For example, you, your co-employee assistant and management crew in the area will go to mandatory meetings on top of 50-60 hour work weeks.(Look up the labor law lawsuits with Enterprise on Google) Meanwhile, upper management was promoted based off their ability to have no integrity with customers. They do this by selling themselves and a product with no integrity. The communication and workplace is based off of lies and un-accomplishable expectations, no matter the circumstance. This causes you to hate customers, your manager, and even yourself. Next, the higher you grow with Enterprise, the faster you are released, unless you have luck in numbers. Most numbers are based on military, dealership, traveling, and city economic growth numbers. You have no ability to change the amount of growth or average salary in a city. Also, discrimination is a part of the culture. You will notice that females will get promoted faster and will be hired more often than males. This keeps them an equal opportunity employer, while the women intuitively leave causing more turnover. My suggestion, if you like the pay as an assistant or branch manager, wait for growth in a job you like, and wait tables as a second job meanwhile. You will work less hours and make the same pay to start."

in Raleigh, NC

"Good place to start a career."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Gardena, CA

"I was able to have a great experience while going back to school to get my bachelor degree. Great company to grow with. Teaches you about marketing and entrepreneurial skills."

Assistant Manager

"I've worked for ERAC for 2 years now. It is not an easy job and there is high turnover but if you stick it out there is truly opportunity for growth and is a great way to kick start your next career path. The people you work with will be the best part of the job, even on some of the craziest days at the branch it's my coworkers that keep a smile on my face. I've truly learned how to sell, work hard, and face adversity -- for that I am grateful for my experience."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Alabaster, AL

"I have been with Enterprise for 7+ years. I am a flagship manager and have enjoyed a lot of success and upward movement. I have led our region in operating profit and customer service for 2 years."

in Beltsville, MD

"I like this job, however it does not pay for as much as you work."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5