(based on 25 Avis Budget Group Review Ratings)
2.4
2.7
"This is the best job I have ever had. I love coming to work. My managers and co workers are all easy to get along with and fun to work with."
Posted 6 years ago in Fargo, ND
in Columbus, GA

"Since I started working for this company I only wish to leave. It was introduced as a Great Company to work for but mgmt is unprofessional and needs replacing. No way to move up unless you move away, and no concern for employees. Family/work life is impossible to balance."

in Reno, NV

"I’ve worked for ABG for 2 years and believe in the Camaraderie, leadership and overall work ethic in the team across the Americas. At Avis, we get the job done! I’m proud to be part of such a winning culture"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Avis Budget Group (45)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sunbelt Rentals (18)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Avis Budget Group (45)
Avis Budget Group Employee

"Worked here since September 2019. This a fast paced job that requires multi-tasking, sales, and people skills. If you are interested in running your own business, I recommend taking a look at the car rental industry where there is a tremendous potential for growth, personal development, and success!"

Avis Budget Group Employee

"I've worked for Avis Budget Group for two years now and one thing that I can say is that it can be a very rewarding career if you are hungry. Plenty of resources and career moves to be made, but they won't wait for you."

Average Avis Budget Group Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
2013 $1
Manager
in Rancho Cordova, CA

"I have worked here for 4 years. I've had nothing but a great experience."

in Parsippany, NJ

"The worst possible company you could work for."

Rental Sales Agent
in Fargo, ND

Avis Budget Group Employee

"I am a current rental sales agent trainee in a western U.S. location. I have no problem with their technique(s). I do have a huge problem with their training. We are suppose to get counter training time, monitored by mentors and operations managers. The managers have yet to watch me conduct ONE sale. They are always clowning around or hiding, while I make numerous errors in front of the customers. I will eventually not score well when the 90-day probation is up. FAIL."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Having seen 2014 technology, this company keeps antiquated technology because it's confusing nature creates $$$'s for the company by not training anyone to understand system. Constant irritating hold ups and frozen events happen often and frustrate clients and employees. No training is offered to learn to progress. No discounts for employees to rent a car even. It's a factory union job and ethical behavior is not rewarded... while unethical sneakiness is."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Avis Budget Group Employee

"I worked in a position with little to no chance for advancement. This was a position in its own category. The managers promised pay raises after anniversaries, but 3 months after my anniversary, I was yet to receive a much needed raise. When confronting the managers about this, I was told that it wouldn't be possible for another 6 months. I was constantly told to do conflicting tasks by different managers and given too many tasks to handle. I eventually could not stand working here any more."

Operations Manager

"Long hours but always busy."

in Parsippany, NJ

"The worst company to work for. Mean environment with mean people. Stay away before you commit suicide."

in Parsippany, NJ

"If you are an honest, decent and hard working person with morals and values, stay away from these cheaters. It used to be a decent company in the past with customer values and cares. Now is a revenues driven company with no decency. If you work as a rental sales person and you don't cheat customers you are fired. It does not matter if you are a nice person, if you don't reach their goals, meaning if you don't cheat customers every day putting more products without telling them then, you are fired."

Director of Marketing
in Parsippany, NJ

"Everyone that works here is looking for better. Avis is just a resume builder."

What do you like about working at Avis Budget Group?

"Not much. Hours are good but you really can't work the official 35 hour work week without being looked down upon."

"Not really. Interview process is simple. If they like you personally and are not seen as a future threat for taking over the interviewer's job, you'll easily get in."

What don't you like about working at Avis Budget Group?

"Old school, political CYA atmosphere. No trusting management. Not much recognition for achievements."

"Hire better leaders.Ones that don't think they have to be the smartest about everything. Ones that appreciate other's strong points and talents."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Tampa, FL

"People are fired and hired on a continuous basis."

What do you like about working at Avis Budget Group?

"The co workers are good people, but everyone is for themselves and the strict sales goals that must be maintained or you will be fired"

"Don't apply if you are an ethical hard working person."

What don't you like about working at Avis Budget Group?

"Customer service is not important, only top sales are acknowledged. The male African -American managers are raciest and promiscuous."

"You enjoy your free cars, but is it worth treating people this way"