(based on 506 Comcast Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Comcast since 2006 in various roles within the company. The company has an excellent benefits package along with other perks like discounted rates on services. I have found to be compensated well for the work that I do, receiving yearly raises and feedback on my performance from management."
Posted 5 years ago in Westland, MI
in Chelmsford, MA

"I worked as a contractor for 7 months. This is a very unorganized company. There is a lot of unskilled full-time workers there who have a job no matter how bad they do. I guess thats why they hire so many contractors. There is a constant struggle for power between different departments, especially between national, divisional and regional employees. They pay well but with all the in-fighting, you can be praised for all your hard work one day and lose funding for your contract the next day."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"Comcast was a very nice place to work for people who like to work in a leading technology env, and therefore things change at a very fast pace."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Credit and Collections Representative

"I've worked at Comcast since 2007. I like the benefits and people I work with, but it is very difficult to move up within the company."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
in Bingham Farms, MI

"Excellent Benefits and Great Work Life Balance. I would recommend this employer."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
in Sacramento, CA

"Comcast can be a great company. Their sales process seems to be more about the sale and not about the customer. I believe they have the best product on the market. Customer service has room for improvement."

in Centennial, CO

"Supported VOD (Video-On-Demand) cable affiliates (Time Warner, Cox Communications) on an upgrade project of the new VDS (Video Distribution System) equipment. Configured current VOD software to the new satellite receivers and end-of-life catchers (*HP-L360 servers). Collaborated with IT administrators on the provisioning (test-pitched VOD content) of new VDS equipment.Software / Protocols Used: *Windows Server 2008 r2; Outlook 2010; Excel 2010; RDP; FTP; XML; HTTP."

in Greenwood Village, CO

"I've worked for Comcast off and on over the past year with a couple different vendors such as Insight Global and Apex Systems. My last position as a Customer Security Associate, Tech 2 was a temp-to-hire opportunity and loved it because I love to help others. I was let go for arriving late 3 times in a month. However, I learned a valuable lesson from this since this is completely out of character for me and have made adjustments in my life to ensure this will never be repeated."

Infrastructure Manager
in West Chester, PA

"Constantly reorgs. Direction changes too often. Projects never end."

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"The workers were very talented but management typically get in the way."

"Negotiate aggressively. Ask HR about employee statistics like retention/turnover, promotions from within vs. hiring outside for open positions. Comcast has a high turnover rate because they burn people out and offer little hope for promotions in IT."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"Directors and above don't help the workers solve problems nor do they champion innovative ideas presented by workers. Upper management looks to just get buy and keep those above them happy."

"Business challenges should be posed to the workers for them to then propose options. Management needs to stop dictating solutions down. Technical staff are tired of knowingly doing things that don't make sense. Before long term project complete, a new manager is hired and another direction is set. It's exhausting and demotivating never completing big, multi-year projects and restarting all over again."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Supervisor
in San Francisco, CA

"I love the opportunity that Comcast Spotlight gave me to grow and learn."

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"I like the environment and the people I worked with."

"Yes, You must have excellent customer services and the ability to learn quickly."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"I did not like the distance I had to travel."

"To provide yearly training on the proprietary software. This would help keep up on the new features."

Senior Recruiter
in Manchester, NH

"Flexible, adaptable Culture that is every changing."

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"The flexibility and benefits Comcast offers not to mention the partnerships we have made through the years ie NBCU"

"Be prepared for a longer interview process-prep for all levels of management to meet or speak with you. Gaining buy- in from a few levels is important here when making hiring decisions. We want to know about you not just your skills and experience."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"Larger company culture- Sometimes ideas, new processes need more approvals before moving forward."

"Listen to the users / frontline before making decisions that will impact the key employee audience."

Customer Account Executive
in Ann Arbor, MI

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"I liked problem solving and feeling like I really helped my customers resolve their issues."

"Take your stats serious from the moment you walk in the door. If you don't let wanting to do the best job you can get in the way, you can hit your stats with no problem."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"The work itself was not the problem. Nor was the customer base, although it did present a major challenge. The biggest issue for me was the unrealistic statistics that they wanted us to adhere to PLUS sale products that we were getting paid less to promote than the sales department."

"I would think less about how to get more of the billions of dollars into the door and TRULY put the customer first by allowing simple things like letting them downgrade services if they state a financial need rather than trying to sell them something that adds value."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Work Setting 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Customer Account Executive
in Morgan Hill, CA

"good experience working the front line"

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"dealing with the customers and seeing how happy they were when their issues were resolved"

"be yourself having a friendly personality helps because it delivers over to the customers"

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"the fact that the kept changing our bonus structure every few months"

"weed out all the managers who does not have a clue as to what to do and put people who can do the job correctly"

Sales Executive
in Richmond, VA

"My experience overall with Comcast was great"

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"The great benefits and work autonomy. I enjoyed having lots of opportunity to be innovative in my approach to prospecting and closing sales in a defined territory."

"Simply understand that like most companies their size Comcast has ongoing challenges fulfilling their mission and purpose in the marketplace and that to be successful as a sales executive, one needs to understand that you simply won't be able to meet all your clients' expectations and that for some, you will have to let go. As long as you can say with integrity you did your job the best you know how, then at the end, that is all that really matters. As a sales account executive, you must be willing to push past obstacles internally and externally to do whatever it takes to keep your clients reasonably satisfied and if you do not have such tenacity and patience, this is not the job for you."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"The unresolved conflicts between leaders and department heads within the Company and how that directly impacted the customer experience.. Because the sales process involved several departments to deliver the products and services I was selling, I often found myself unable to resolve customer problems because the communication and problem solving I was supposed to be in charge of was limited in my actual ability to execute and deliver to the customer. I found myself at times unable to deliver to my customer what I was promising them because of the failures of billing and installation and maintenance. It was frustrating at times trying to get everyone, including managment on the same page.."

"Do a better job resolving conflict and allowing for creative problem solving and thinking outside the box when it comes to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Unfortunately the work culture on a local level in the Richmond market resisted change and creativity in the name of convenience and status quo and often it was our customers who suffered the consequences."

Product Manager
in Centennial, CO

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"My professional opinion matters and I have made a difference to the bottom line."

"Stick to exactly what they are looking for during your interview."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"Some people have gotten credit for things they did not do."

"Continue to reward your star performers and let them voice their ideas."