(based on 497 Comcast Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Comcast since 2006 in various roles within the company. The company has an excellent benefits package along with other perks like discounted rates on services. I have found to be compensated well for the work that I do, receiving yearly raises and feedback on my performance from management."
Posted 5 years ago in Westland, MI
Technical Support Representative
in Horsham, PA

"Up to this point I have not heard let alone have the enjoyment of working with a company that has such a workplace environment.Mutiple teams sharing ideas and information to be better equiped to resolve customer issues.The company gives constant incentives to good and top performers."

in Sunrise, FL

"Great products, but very weak in implementation and deployment. Very lacking in providing tools to operate effectually.Very far behind in building b2b sales effort. Company very much focused on residential customers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Comcast Employee

"I've worked here since 2010. Its been a descent job but I definitely am treated on a lower level because I'm not on the front line. Because it's such a large company they really don't care about personal growth or success."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Multimedia Advertising Consultant
in Falls Church, VA

"Spotlight was a fun product to sell with a great story to tell. Compensation unfortunately could be very limited based on the cards you're dealt. If you're a pure hunter and they give you no accounts to supplement the new business you bring to the table, you will starve since the commission is only 8-10% and the base salary is peanuts. But for someone just out of college, it might be the ideal job for getting good experience. Their training also left much to be desired."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Technical Support Specialist
in Knoxville, TN

"Cannibalistic melee over limited learning resources, understaffed and under-qualified training personnel, equating to a grizzly carnival of ill equipped support persons, and a client base that feels like it was thrown into a Roman lion's den of bloodsport, priced gouged wallet fleecing, and a general overall malaise in both employee milieu and client satisfaction. Comcast ALSO has it's BAD points, but I don't want to nit-pick..."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Senior Systems Engineer
in Radnor, PA

"I would like to work there again in the development of Test Automation for the STB."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
in Chelmsford, MA

"I worked as a contractor for 7 months. This is a very unorganized company. There is a lot of unskilled full-time workers there who have a job no matter how bad they do. I guess thats why they hire so many contractors. There is a constant struggle for power between different departments, especially between national, divisional and regional employees. They pay well but with all the in-fighting, you can be praised for all your hard work one day and lose funding for your contract the next day."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"Comcast was a very nice place to work for people who like to work in a leading technology env, and therefore things change at a very fast pace."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Credit and Collections Representative

"I've worked at Comcast since 2007. I like the benefits and people I work with, but it is very difficult to move up within the company."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
in Bingham Farms, MI

"Excellent Benefits and Great Work Life Balance. I would recommend this employer."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
in Sacramento, CA

"Comcast can be a great company. Their sales process seems to be more about the sale and not about the customer. I believe they have the best product on the market. Customer service has room for improvement."

in Centennial, CO

"Supported VOD (Video-On-Demand) cable affiliates (Time Warner, Cox Communications) on an upgrade project of the new VDS (Video Distribution System) equipment. Configured current VOD software to the new satellite receivers and end-of-life catchers (*HP-L360 servers). Collaborated with IT administrators on the provisioning (test-pitched VOD content) of new VDS equipment.Software / Protocols Used: *Windows Server 2008 r2; Outlook 2010; Excel 2010; RDP; FTP; XML; HTTP."

in Greenwood Village, CO

"I've worked for Comcast off and on over the past year with a couple different vendors such as Insight Global and Apex Systems. My last position as a Customer Security Associate, Tech 2 was a temp-to-hire opportunity and loved it because I love to help others. I was let go for arriving late 3 times in a month. However, I learned a valuable lesson from this since this is completely out of character for me and have made adjustments in my life to ensure this will never be repeated."

Infrastructure Manager
in West Chester, PA

"Constantly reorgs. Direction changes too often. Projects never end."

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"The workers were very talented but management typically get in the way."

"Negotiate aggressively. Ask HR about employee statistics like retention/turnover, promotions from within vs. hiring outside for open positions. Comcast has a high turnover rate because they burn people out and offer little hope for promotions in IT."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"Directors and above don't help the workers solve problems nor do they champion innovative ideas presented by workers. Upper management looks to just get buy and keep those above them happy."

"Business challenges should be posed to the workers for them to then propose options. Management needs to stop dictating solutions down. Technical staff are tired of knowingly doing things that don't make sense. Before long term project complete, a new manager is hired and another direction is set. It's exhausting and demotivating never completing big, multi-year projects and restarting all over again."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Supervisor
in San Francisco, CA

"I love the opportunity that Comcast Spotlight gave me to grow and learn."

What do you like about working at Comcast?

"I like the environment and the people I worked with."

"Yes, You must have excellent customer services and the ability to learn quickly."

What don't you like about working at Comcast?

"I did not like the distance I had to travel."

"To provide yearly training on the proprietary software. This would help keep up on the new features."