Verizon Communications Employee Job Reviews

Browse Verizon Communications Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 386 Verizon Communications Review Ratings)

"I believe Verizon is an incredible company with much to offer their employees. I learned a wealth of knowledge from this company in the field of business and investments that I can apply to any company that I become an asset for. Through Verizon I managed to obtain a real estate license, become a home owner and a business owner. Verizon will forever be a company I represent with pride and chose to support. Thank you."
Posted 8 years ago in Silver Spring, MD
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"This place is what happens when social justice replaces real justice. Stay away...."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I worked for Verizon for 23 years. I have had many supervisors. Overall, I found that Verizon truly endeavors to follow its four core values - integrity, respect, performance excellence and accountability."

in Cary, NC

"Verizon is the best company in their industry but are also going through changes to fully focus on 5G. Overall comp is good, with flex hours and benefits are excellent. New CEO has different direction to support 5G and looking to downsize more to reduce costs and get that stock price up. Also, just wireless is the money maker, the Wholesale and Enterprise business units are loosing money or barely making it."

in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I have worked in Verizon since March 2017, and I really enjoyed the work environment and my colleagues. I was able to grow within the team and contribute a lot of my skills in my project. Verizon allowed me to learn more skills and technologies and expand my career as a QA. I truly enjoyed my time working in Verizon."

Data Scientist Intern

"I have worked with the Potomac for an year. it was really good getting over there with the environment."

Verizon Communications Employee

"I've started my career working for Verizon from 2016. During these 3 plus years, I have got the chance to work on the IOT domain of the company which enabled me to gain a lot of knowledge on the internet of things world and also gave me a better understanding about the scale of solutions provided by the company."

in Irving, TX

"Not good; they need subscribers and nothing more."

Senior Systems Engineer
in Burlington, MA

"Verizon is a very exciting place to work. It is a good place to learn and apply that learning. The atmosphere can be dynamic. It is all that you make of it. There are plenty of resources to enrich your own education and certifications. They have a generous wage and benefits package. The one drawback would be the need to cover for the union workforce every 3 years if they decide to walk out of contract negotiations."

QA Automation Engineer
in Piscataway, NJ

"I am working for Verizon as consultant from 2 and half years, it is a very good company to learn new things."

"Good working environment."

in Waltham, MA

"I am not sure why am I writing all this to fill an application for a job"

Customer Service Specialist
in Murfreesboro, TN

"I worked as a CSR at Verizon for 1 year. The company itself is amazing. Awesome pay and benefits. Lots of paid time-off. Also lots of incentives that comes with the job. Verizon REALLY cares about their employees and it shows. Supervisors are very active in their reps careers and meet with you once a week t discuss goals... Now, the job as a Customer Service Rep, was very challenging. It is a very "stats/numbers" driven position. There are about 10 stats you need to hit. It was very stressful and the stress affected my personal life at home. I started to dread going into work everyday. If I had possibly switched departments, I would've been much happier. But a CSR at Verizon is very challenging due to the numbers, high volume of calls, and the amount of angry customers you're talking to a day. You MUST have tough skin with this job, it is not for the soft hearted and I learned that the hard way. You will be cussed and yelled at daily by customers, and must put on a happy face and voice.. Basically grin-and-bare-it. If you are a numbers driven person, and have an easy time handling escalated situations often, then this is the job for you."

in Irving, TX

"Every position with Verizon has been great!"

in Hilliard, OH

"I've worked for VZ for 19 years. I have found it to be a strong company with competitive pay and benefits. They are very flexible when it comes to balancing your personal and professional life. Sometimes there is some red tape and politcal nonsense that has to be dealt with to get the job done, but that's not isolated to this company. They have started to hire folks in countries outside of America. I don't agree with taking jobs away from Americans and giving them to the other countries, however, that is all of Corporate America these days, not just Verizon. And the % for VZ is minimal."

in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I have a long association with Verizon as employee, but things seems to be astray with bad management, there are lot of layoffs and company mood is somber. They are looking for new opportunities but bad decisions are derailing it. The old autocratic style management is now out of luck. Lot of power grabbing and turf fighting is taking place now that makes it obtrusive to even watch. I am hoping Verizon management gets a second chance."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5