444 Verizon Communications Reviews

Browse Verizon Communications Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Verizon Communications give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Verizon Communications employees are Sales Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Network Engineers with a rating of 4.3.

(based on 288 Verizon Communications Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Verizon since 2002. Growth and training opportunities abound and hard work is rewarded."
Posted 6 years ago in Boston, MA
Solutions Specialist
in Washington, DC

"Working at Verizon wireless has been an amazing experience. The amount of information I have learned over the years is really going to help when I Murray’s to advance in the workforce. The company paid us very well. Every year was an opportunity for a new position and better pay. Verizon encourages work-life balance! If you like to move around a lot that’s no problem with many locations rooms through America your personal life will never be put on hold. I loved the fast pace feel at this company and self-branding opportunities. I came in learning the phrase “Change excites us and drives us forward” and I’m leaving with that as my face card."

Recruiter

"Verizon is a great company that offers great benefits, pay and work-life balance. There is room for an opportunity to grow. You have your supervisors and senior managers sit down with you and plan your career growth based on the direction that you want to go. Verizon has a diverse culture that is very friendly and inviting. I would definitely recommend Verizon as a career opportunity to all my peers. The also have a great program for anyone that wants to further their education that helps you pay for school. Overall great company."

Verizon Communications (444)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (7)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
Verizon Communications Employee

"Verizon offers great benefit such as medical, dental, and vision. Pay tuition is one of the best offered. They are letting go of a lot of their season employees to replace them with younger and less qualified employees. Management needs to change their mindset, Business had changed a lot in the past 20 years."

Marketing
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I’ve worked for Verizon in 2017 in the marketing department. It consisted of a verity of employees and locations. My experience at Verizon was a very progressive environment during my time working."

Average Verizon Communications Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Union City, CA

"I've worked with Verizon for about five years now and I have to say it has taught me a lot of new skill sets. Good compensation, great benefits especially if you have a family, and 401k. As long as you are money hungry and don't mind talking to many people and at times sound like a broken record than I'd say this might be for you."

in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I have worked for Verizon for a few years. It's a great place to learn operations - the company built a machine around GTM operations. But, it does not know how to be a good product company. Diffuse ownership and senior management that hasn't ever made products makes it difficult."

in Chandler, AZ

"Great benefits! Amazing compensation! The work culture is exceptional, very well rounded co-workers. Emphasis on one company, one Verizon to support client needs and emphasize our company recognition."

in Cary, NC

"Big company with broad global reach and many partners and products"

Lead Product Manager
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I worked at Verizon for over 15 years. They are a large company working on diverse products."

in Murfreesboro, TN

"I have worked for Verizon since early 2019. While the culture of the company has the presence of being employee friendly, the nature of the job will burn most people out very fast. The turnover rate is approximately 20 to 25 percent, The training does a decent job of preparing you for what to expect but can be incorrect due to the constant changes and poor communication from decision-makers."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Verizon Communications Employee

"I worked for Verizon since 2006 when they acquired MCI Worldcom. There was always a bit of a competition between wireline and wireless.With the 5G initiative the focus is almost completely on the wireless ***die***. But if you work there now it is a good environment."

in Ashburn, VA

"Good company that is better focused under current leadership."

Regional Manager
in Livingston, NJ

".. . ."

in Ashburn, VA

"Your review should be helpful to people researching companies. Check spelling and punctuation, and avoid excessive capitalization. Avoid identifying people by name, using profanity or hate speech or sharing proprietary info."

in Alpharetta, GA

"It's a great place to work with huge opportunity to explore various new things. Also having a great infrastructure to work in the Data science domain. Direction might be an issue which keeps changing with the leadership team. Its a growing Data science team with diversified capabilities."