2,028 United States Army Reviews

Browse United States Army Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 1415 United States Army Review Ratings)
"The Army was an excellent experience tool for me personally. I really liked traveling all over the world to different countries. My job skills were sharpened as well. By far one of the best jobs I ever had, was while I was in the U.S. Army."
Posted 6 years ago in Barstow, CA
United States Army Employee

"A career in the Army was the best decision I ever made. As with any job, there are ups and downs, but I would not trade the path I chose for anything. I traveled the world, learned about many cultures, became a leader, got an education, and reached goals beyond my wildest dreams."

in Fort Worth, TX

"I've worked for USACE for about 10 years and I've found it to be similar to an Abyss. I hold a B.S. and a M.S. and I have remained at the bottom of the totem pole. I have been doing the same work since I've started and I've been promised positions, received awesome performance ratings as well as awards, but ALWAYS get the run around or an issue. This company does not value or appreciate me for a number of reasons...especially because i'm not a veteran. It's just no room for growth."

Assistant Operations Officer
in Lawton, OK

"Being an Officer in the US Army was a great way to learn how to interact with people in a fast paced environment. I was given all the tools I needed to succeed in the positions I was put in and my leadership was understanding and extremely helpful. I was treated with respect and learned many skills that are applicable to all areas of life."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Cognizant Engineer
in Schofield Barracks, HI

"I served in the United States army for ten years. I loved my time in the service due to the brotherhood made there that will last a lifetime. I also enjoyed the high optempo of always on the go and being able to Improvise and overcome obstacles on the daily. I managed over 34 people when I retired and enjoyed leading and mentoring tomorrow's leaders."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Estimator
in Kansas City, MO

"Great opportunities; challenging work; high energy; high volume variety of civil, architecture and vertical and horizontal construction estimate work"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Fort Belvoir, VA

"Good company to work for overall."

Combat Medic
in El Paso, TX

"The Army will prepare you for life."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Food Service Specialist
in Sandston, VA

"I've served a little over 4 years with the United States Army as an active duty soldier. Being deployed twice (Afghanistan and Kuwait) has giving me the opportunity learn more about myself as well as others. The skills I received from the military opened so many doors for several career opportunities. I joined the Army National Guard to continue learning and expanded job opportunities for myself in the future."

in Aberdeen, MD

"Working for the army as a civilian has its perks, but the workplace environment is average."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Augusta, GA

"Was in the Active Army from 2005-2015, deployed twice for a total of 28 months. Time in the service was great for the most part, a lot of the MOS's have people in who are over 20 years holding up the possibility for career progression of other junior members looking to move up. The knowledge you gain from serving is incredible, the opportunity and experience you gain in your field is worth years of schooling and on the job experience in the civilian sector."

Cable Systems Installer
in Killeen, TX

"I've been in the army since 2011. I've been to Korea, Japan, Kuwait, and Afghanistan. I love the army because it is very diverse and I deal daily with people from all types of backgrounds and it's an amazing experience."

Construction Representative
in Fort Meade, MD

"The best working place ever. Integrity and respect with pride of the nation, motivation and up-to-date training and care for knowledge."

Recruiter
in Sumter, SC

"I have been in the Army for almost nine years. I really enjoy the Army, but the pressure can sometimes be stressful. I was truly grateful for my immediate supervisors and coworkers that kept me motivated and focused. Anyone desiring to join the world's greatest Army should definitely contact an Army Recruiter."

Senior LAN Manager
in Fort Hood, TX

"I worked for the US Army for a total of six years. The training and job experience I received is irreplaceable. I have deployed twice with the military and found the experience of working in a combat environment as a great tool to learn how to work in a stressed and complex work structure. It prepared me to adjust to almost any situation."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Colorado Springs, CO

"It's a good and secure life style."